Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Anarion, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The videos are still 1280x720 at 30fps, but they have much larger date rates than the 360 one obviously, as the videos folder is larger than the full 360 game.
    It varies, but the 3minute into is over 300mb, so im guessing there is a feature movie or videos in there lol.

Due to much less compression, they do look alot better than the ones used in Batman:AA though.

2. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    I tested the game on the PC, an it is capped at 30fps.

Maybe there is an ini tweak perhaps to set it to 60fps.

Nice thing is, I can turn up AA and AS.

Also there is no way to change the graphics settings.
    Everything is already at max.

3. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    I noticed something like LowDetail in config file but there is nothing else just this and controls...

how can u turn up AA?

4. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Ahaha, that CTD issue happens with people using the early Reloaded crack. :p Pirate! :biggun:

5. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    This is a pretty terrible port across to the PC with no thought into how it would accommodate a Mouse and Keyboard I don't do reviews but here's a set of good and bad points.

Good
    Was interesting during the Intro/Tutorial , to have so much destructive scenery around was good fun , though it did seem to reduce massively in the next levels.
    Doesn't look like ass.
    Cut scenes didn't seem too bad , though I did find the fact that the protagonists pilot was a hip imperial officer a bit rediculous
    Bad
    Poor Camera
    Unintuitive force use
    Quick Time events after boss battles that will keep you in an endless loop should you fail at mashing a keyboard fast enough
    Cloned mobs - First 2 enemies I fought on stage II were carbon copies of enemies from stage I but with different skins.
    Light Saber fighting doesn't seem to be any more complicated than mash mouse 1 as much as possible

I can't really say I enjoyed my first play , I might give it a chance , but I'm guessing if platform type elements continue to play a role I'll give up trying to be patient with the camera.

6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    iam sorry, but when i hear so much negative things about a complete console port, i tend to "try" the game out before i buy it...

but enough about pirating bussiness, since we arent allowed to talk about it here, and now i know the crashing is caused by a no-cd crack iam finished:)

this game just doenst even interrest me as much for finding a better no-cd... just uninstall here. and 24 gig free again...

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Wait wait you seriously think there are no games that use quad core?? What...are YOU living in a cave???

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  8. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    Just found a quick work around for low fps problem with this game.

Go to, C:\Users\(UserName)\Application Data\Local\Aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed\

Right click on Config.xml and click edit. Notepad will open. There will be a file name <s id="LowDetail">0</s>. Change the 0 to 1 and save it. Now you can play the game, with offcourse some low details. But details will not be that bad and game will be very playable in large area fights.

9. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    Wow, that really helped. My gameplay is way smoother now and I can't see that much difference in graphics.

The game really needs some AA though.

10. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    the shaders/shadows are way down... :nerd:

I alsp spotted the CLOTH=0 parameter, not sure what it does!
    didn't notice anything except you stating it lacks AA...

in my opinion it has to much AA that I can't turn of :3eyes:

11. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Dumb azz game requires page file for it to work. It doesn't care if u have enough ram that u don't need it it just needs it turned on.

So i turned on pagefile again just for this stupid game.

12. vlatko

vlatko Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870
    Indeed, runs much smoother now and I can't see much difference as well.

Great game for a hack n' slash fan, but really terrible, terrible port. The worst thing about it is the fact that opening the upgrade screen, needs loading every time. It makes me sick to level up.

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    lol what?
    also is it true that you need to slash with the lightsaber for god knows how many times into an enemy to kill them? i mean it's a lighsaber... it should be one hit kill

14. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Did the LowDetail">0 tweak, remove the fps cap?

Or did the games just run more smooth at 30fps?

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    This fps cap is so lame...makes my eyes hurt -_- lol

its kinda strange though, when i'm in a heavy battle it goes up to 36 sometimes even 42fps, then back to 30fps.. a bit annoying but the game play itself is smooth... o yea and it stutters when loading new scene, guess cause of pagefile like death samurai just mentioned...
    and i had to force AF and AA (kinda worked)

other than that its great, really cool powers with nice effects, I played trough desert campaign and i had a blast :)

last time i played it was - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, just looked in wiki 6 years ago :D

and i didn't use any tweak, like that LowDetail">0 tweak, no need was smooth enough..

here are a few screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I can't get the game to launch on XP I may have to call it into NASA they might have a work around.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    hm, im playing it in win7 without any compatibility modes and it works fine.

18. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Anybody know if it has the 360 control profile if you plug in a 360 pad? I'd think it would control much better with one.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^

Yes, full support.

20. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    LowDetail">0 Didn't do anything for me, tested it twice.

I did find, forcing V-sync through your driver settings makes the game really smooth for me.

And for everyone who says that the game sucks,
    this is one of the first games to use euphoria physics and DMM physics, this makes this game alot more intresting then the rest of the games that came out lately.