Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    So I'm guessing because Disney owns Star Wars they can't do any cool stuff like dismemberment?

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well not like star wars was huge on that lightsabers cauterize the wounds. as well as the blasters. and the movies want to be family friendly anyway.

sure a more mature dark star wars with blood and guts would be cool as hell. but yea i cant fault them for not going that route.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Liked what i saw so far. And no one posted the video yet? hmm!

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    It does look good, I do find the animations to be a little stiff though. Thanks for sharing the video, saves me some time looking it up.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yep, for the anims i thought the same, lol.

@Redemption80
    Why linear has to be a bad thing? Not everything needs to be open world! Sigh.

HandR, XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    a fully open world star wars game is great and all but what would they populate a mid sized galaxy or planets with? probably a kotor style is doable where you got small to mid sized maps to run around and explore and maybe a few maps per planet.

but to make multiple planets open world outside relying on pg or something to lest populate those worlds with stuff. and not make it flat shallow and boring is still a project that takes a ton of work and effort. a more focused experience especially in universes that are very large will probably net better results than leaving it more is less because of all the empty content you have.

how many rpgs followed that formula for how many years without complaint? sure we all like our open worlds and hardware is getting better and better to generate those worlds, but there is still room for other approaches.

Especially in light that the techniques to make large universes are not exactly good for filling those universes with stuff to keep them interesting long term. AI might get there one day but for the moment a mix of pg content and hand crafted content is the only real way to do this stuff properly and that takes a ton more resources to do especially as the scale of your world/s goes up.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    ShadowDuke, I didn't say it was always a bad thing, but I personally get bored after a couple of hours if something feels like it's entirely on rails.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks pretty decent and for EA, delivering decent alone is a big deal. The sound is what's drawing me in the most though.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nm single player games those do not sell.

lucidus likes this.
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i really dislike this game. animations and graphics are not anything special.
    gameplay elements i have played them all in other games, so it brings nothing new to the table.
    Not once in this video i have thought oh that looks awesome. its another game that feels like a chore to finish because it lacks challenge and the story probably isnt anything special either.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Doesnt this apply to almost every game, like 98%!? ...so theres like 2 of 100 games you actually like then? Although you didnt play them yet..

Sound Design of the game is really good i forgot to mention.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the animations need work, wip and all.

but the force powers looked good and fun, lighting looked pretty good. mc animations and the ai looked to be the main things.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Well look at the climbing jumping stuff. it is exactly like uncharted. there is a reason why the series ended. people got tired of them.

I actually do like less and less games these days, doing the same stuff over and over is highly annoying especially when there is no challenge to them.

I do not need to play such games to know how it plays and what i like. the video shows enough of things i do not like.
    like i said, not once did i get a wow moment.

just look how effects are missing like dust and wind, and hair on chewbacca. it is not very atmospheric in my eyes. the lighting looks way off imho , somehting you could expect from a game from like 5 years ago, but not now. if you would say this is a dx9 game i would believe it.

14. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I wasn't very excited about this game but the gameplay footage kinda changed my mind.
    Combat system seems to be well done, very satisfying, you can feel the Jedi power. Saber fights look good. Visuals are up-to-date, some animations like running need tweaking.
    What I don't like is that "your are trapped smash the button!!!" mechanic. I hate that button smashing stupidity in every game, but hopefully there will be option to at least make it HOLD button.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the reveal. It has been a long time since we had a proper single-player story-driven SW game.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Huh ... I'm reading a lot of middling reactions online. I guess my expectations from EA were so low that I was pleasantly surprised :p

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You know this is alpha gameplay and things are missing from development part yes? Even despite its "a presentation" - you sound like you saw the final game here, representing its full final experience..

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    no i havent, but you are free to think that they will change as much to turn my negative points into positive ones of course. i personally dont think so. this is it.

btw this isnt an alpha demo , the game is out in 5 months.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Love they're using 4K for trailers nowadays <3

2 words: Uncharted 4 - Rails all the way, but might be the best game ever made :3

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    See, i dont own a console so i didnt played any Uncharted. ;) I understand your point tho, but "major" things like climbing, i dont know....you want to skip them from your game or how you do them differently? (You cant really reinvent the wheel here) Not a negative thing for me...if the majority of the game is not only "climbing" which i dot think it will be..

I think the game will be better than Forced Unleashed 1+2, if thats so, im ok with that.

XenthorX likes this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Me neither hehe, watched gameplay on youtube :cool:. Well, it's a solo Star Wars game, cannot wait ! I like what they've done with the power and pace of fights.