Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    me ive run into "one time" activated denuvo games fail to launch wo an internet connection. and once i had net suddenly they launched wo bitching about licenses.

most the game i care about they already nuked denuvo ALL devs should nuke it.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You fail to consider the issue happened and is now fixed.
    Generally how it works.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You guys did see... that it was cracked copies of Jedi: Fallen Order that weren't working after the year change, right?
    Legit, untampered copies have no issues.

Pirated or cracked copies ran into the issue.
    It's why I was playing Fallen Order last night when New Years rolled around and had no issue. And why I had no issue today, and the game had not updated on any platform.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Where did you see this?

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, read it in the comment section on the article linked above, then went searching. And found several people on Reddit talking about it.
    I don't have any pirated/cracked games... so I have no direct sources to go to.

But, did find this on Reddit,
    [​IMG]
    And several others talking about it. Seems everyone I've seen saying they've ran into it... either have a pirated copy, or are using CODEX's crack.

I just know I've had no issues playing it, a few friends on Steam had no issues playing it.

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    change the clock fix your outdated crack.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol ok :)
    Mine has been fine too so you are probably correct.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    still point stands all denuvo should be exiled eventually, and many games do do this, because the long term viability of denuvo is nil.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Denuvo isn't made for long term.
    It's primary focus is to safe guard games in their initial few weeks. Which, is when most publishers track the largest amount of sales.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    works fine for me

Origin ver.

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Heh...for once...they got 'em. The pirates that is....

12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Kinda funny when we know it only affects the cracked copies of the game.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea millions speant on denuvo to be foiled by changing your system clock gg deniuvo.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Also GG for publishers paying millions for denuvo and yet complaining about millions "lost" by "piracy"...

I just wanted to say, finished the game finally, with 2nd highest difficulty, and everything 100% (planets, chests, database, secrets etc.), and I loved it. Took me about 35-40 hours in total, so it felt well worth the money for me.

Certainly nothing extraordinary new, but hey, it didn't have to do everything new. I enjoyed just how it brought existing elements (jumping / climbing, sword fighting and force powers, exploring and puzzling) together in a way that works.
    As a Star Wars game I personally think it was good as well, not over the top but still carrying the "Jedi grows up" vibe and it worked for me. It had it's SW moments and elements (betrayal, the force and how it connects people, unexpected allies, and unexpected enemy types), and generelly was blended in nicely into the universe.

Tech wise, the main culprit was hitching due to streaming (?), but that was apparently a bigger issue not just caused by a single PC config. Although it was bearable, but definitely a big thing in 2019. Only once it ctd'ed on itself, and once I literally fell through the floor (reproducable), but only the second time I crossed the spot and did no longer have to go that way.

All in all I'd defintely recommend it.

vestibule and cerebus23 like this.
  15. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    you are delusional and oblivious. SLI is dying a slow death for the last few years and that is 100% fact. even a couple years ago when sites like techpowerup did SLI reviews, 1/3 of even AAA games had ZERO support for multi gpu at all. and even in the games that did support it many had very poor scaling or other issues that you are clearly too clueless to notice such as flickering and stuttering. and SLI gets broken all the time with game and driver updates. but hey have fun always chasing down fixes but you could not pay me to put up with that crap.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Nobody is a paying you and I have no idea why you're having a rage fit over an enthusiast tech. Which BTW the users of are likely more exquisitely aware of the issues than you are. I used SLI for a long time. I've been reconsidering it because of the price of the 2080 Ti and SLI 1080 Ti would get me superior performance at 4K in MOST scenarios. Who are you to rage at what folk prefer? See a therapist.

cars10 and Dragam1337 like this.
  17. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    you call that a rage? maybe actually bother reading a little closer. I am just stating that he has deluded himself by making BS claims that "SLI is alive and well and works gloriously" . that is flat out utter BS and even you know it. knock yourself out with the last word as anyone foolish enough to defend someone saying SLI "works gloriously" is not worth talking to.

18. cars10

cars10 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260
    yeah.. sure dude. you're not raging at all...

once you've taken your chill pill, check out CFR/SFR SLI rendering. New "old" tech that is being revived. And with Dx12 mGPU drivers and updates won't break it anymore.
    Nvidia seems to be working on it in the background and silently released support for the new rendering mode.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  20. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Well, finally got the game and as it currently stands its well optimised, running good and looking as good as kaley cuoco.

AsiJu and fantaskarsef like this.