Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    still point stands all denuvo should be exiled eventually, and many games do do this, because the long term viability of denuvo is nil.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Denuvo isn't made for long term.
    It's primary focus is to safe guard games in their initial few weeks. Which, is when most publishers track the largest amount of sales.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    works fine for me

Origin ver.

4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Kinda funny when we know it only affects the cracked copies of the game.

XenthorX likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea millions speant on denuvo to be foiled by changing your system clock gg deniuvo.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Also GG for publishers paying millions for denuvo and yet complaining about millions "lost" by "piracy"...

I just wanted to say, finished the game finally, with 2nd highest difficulty, and everything 100% (planets, chests, database, secrets etc.), and I loved it. Took me about 35-40 hours in total, so it felt well worth the money for me.

Certainly nothing extraordinary new, but hey, it didn't have to do everything new. I enjoyed just how it brought existing elements (jumping / climbing, sword fighting and force powers, exploring and puzzling) together in a way that works.
    As a Star Wars game I personally think it was good as well, not over the top but still carrying the "Jedi grows up" vibe and it worked for me. It had it's SW moments and elements (betrayal, the force and how it connects people, unexpected allies, and unexpected enemy types), and generelly was blended in nicely into the universe.

Tech wise, the main culprit was hitching due to streaming (?), but that was apparently a bigger issue not just caused by a single PC config. Although it was bearable, but definitely a big thing in 2019. Only once it ctd'ed on itself, and once I literally fell through the floor (reproducable), but only the second time I crossed the spot and did no longer have to go that way.

All in all I'd defintely recommend it.

vestibule and cerebus23 like this.
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Nobody is a paying you and I have no idea why you're having a rage fit over an enthusiast tech. Which BTW the users of are likely more exquisitely aware of the issues than you are. I used SLI for a long time. I've been reconsidering it because of the price of the 2080 Ti and SLI 1080 Ti would get me superior performance at 4K in MOST scenarios. Who are you to rage at what folk prefer? See a therapist.

cars10 and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. cars10

cars10 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 260
    yeah.. sure dude. you're not raging at all...

once you've taken your chill pill, check out CFR/SFR SLI rendering. New "old" tech that is being revived. And with Dx12 mGPU drivers and updates won't break it anymore.
    Nvidia seems to be working on it in the background and silently released support for the new rendering mode.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  10. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Well, finally got the game and as it currently stands its well optimised, running good and looking as good as kaley cuoco.

AsiJu and fantaskarsef like this.

11. Statik60170

Statik60170 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1070m/ gtx 1080
    Hi how i can run the game in dx12 mod please ? XenthorX

XenthorX likes this.
  12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Free content is hardly a bad thing. Nice.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    True, but some DLC would be welcomed right now :D

15. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Can't fight Vader in the DLC....

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Maybe he's too scripted, could have made a new boss though for this mode.

Star Wars universe and expanded fiction has run into all sorts of strange directions though, could pull in just about any character and that'd somehow probably connect somewhere.

Like this jedi guy being half goat and no pants.
    [​IMG]
    (Good thing that loincloth was heavy enough to remain down unlike the cape there.)

Used to be so simple father & son family issues and drama and then it all exploded ha ha!

EDIT: But it's an arena mode, much as players want to go at it against the greatest and least popular characters they can't make too many new assets and such.

EDIT: Suppose Disney also has final say over what goes and doesn't go so someone can't go completely out there with the franchise either much as that'd be interesting to actually see explored in future games. :)
    (No M rated darker stories here and not just the gore and violence that's a thing too but there's more to maturity than just that.)

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  17. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Anyone know how to unlock the Inquisitor outfit (shown in the update trailer) ?

Currently re-installing the game, though I'm probably gonna replay the game as Darth Maul, just because...

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I just started playing this a few days ago, are you not allowed to remap buttons to the mouse? Using a Logitech G502 and it would be really nice to have dodge on one of the side buttons.

19. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Same here, try double pressing the mouse buttons and hold the second press. Worked for me.

jbscotchman and Angantyr like this.
  20. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Add -D3D12 to the launch options. Seems to work fine on my Vega but crashes immediately on my 1070.