Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    First honest review I've seen --

Also one of the best channels out there :)

Edit: And how good was Gene Wilder? sigh.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. Amen.. amen.. very very good. Once in a life-time good; the kind we'll see every 80 or so years. I mean it because I can't think of a person I can exactly compare him to within that time-span... or ever will again. Which makes it that much better. I love film...

EDIT: That reviewer was good; it's clear she's smart & probably going places. The game review of Fallen Order seemed... bias. The narrator has a good grasp on Star Wars commentary over the past; hell past 30 plus years not just in film but other media too. It was interesting to watch.

I did feel like her review on Fallen Order was a bit .. eh pseudo-intellectual lol? Like self-inflated? She didn't provide much ... kind of just said Oh "Fallen order was ripped off because it was similar to this" ehhh not really bankable criticism (sure I'm paraphrasing) but really empty on specificity - ie, game mechanics, story line, difficulty, platforming, etc

The closest to the above I got out of it was the criticism of the game's bugs - that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Still; I don't consider it enough to discount a game. I'll be specific - To use that as a dis qualifier is to say Fallen Order is unique in it's issues that require patching which is not true as almost 80+ percent of Day 1 launches with games now include bugs that affect AI and the that's just the tip of the iceberg sadly but this is our new reality. Thus my point being Fallen Order is not alone nor unique in that aspect. Industry problem vs Video Game issue

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2019
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And, yet another youtuber I found more annoying then entertaining. But... oh well.

Archvile82 likes this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Shame. Shame. Shame. :D

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    For me the only bad thing so far is the camera in some situations. Especially when platforming the camera should not turn, so forward becomes left suddenly lol

and the many bugs. I have noticed that some places also show the white background because its not covered with textures infront of it. encountered it twice so far. also funny how the droid jumps in the box to search it when you open it, exept under water , but the box still moves like it is in there lol.

The hidden wall thing is a strange bug, it can be anywhere. yesterday it was going up the stairs. first i thought my joypad was broken, but i could turn around and back , just not walk forward lol. when i jumped i could move forward again.
    My guess is , the game thinks his feet are under the stairs , so it wont move. I usually also have this bug when the floor is not equal.

I think i do have less bugs then before the patch though, I havent seen the teleporting / physics stuff anymore so thats a good thing.

oh , but i do have to mention that the AI is stupid and tied to a certain area.
    you can just stand outside of the area and hit and jump back. they will never hit you. neither can they go up or down. spiders can jump immense distances, exept when it is not inside the same area it is restricted to which makes it pretty dumb.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah that bug with the AI I noticed too. When troopers are looking at you and seemingly unable to see through the large 20foot doors...
    Also, happened twice to me being stuck behind a grass leaf as it seems, or cornered against a flat wall by just two enemies, happens particularly easy with some placeables in front of the wall, you back up against it via roll or dodge, still stuck and dead.
    When on Zepho, you can pull out some of those ropes / chains to fix doors, then jump to lower levels without any chance to get rid of those again... either a bug or a bad choice in handling there, you're not even attacked by the enemie then so you couldn't kill yourself easily either.

But generally I've seen games which were far more bugged, I think it's not horrible, it's okay. Nothing so bad I couldn't enjoy the game.

Coincidentally I've played Battlefront 2's singleplayer campaign on Saturday (yeah, a few hours were enough), and it's lackluster to what we have here. Sure the MP part is the thing there, but honestly, you can see a lot more effort in many fields has been put into Fallen Order, AI, combat animations, force powers etc. are much better in FO compared to running around as Luke Skywalker there...

XenthorX and Caesar like this.
  7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Seems this green stuff is indeed a bug. more people reported it i see. i was worried since i tried without my tweak and it was still showing lol

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Thank god my Star Trek franchise is at least in good hands. :p

9. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Btw...... had the devs forgot this...?

Xtreme512 likes this.
  10. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I was thinking about this too! I guess this game has a lot more close quarters action so it'd look a mess maybe?

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think that's a forgivable thing... but yeah I noticed this as well. Also, sometimes when you "attack" walls, the cut lines don't line up with your attack animation as well, skip between different parts of geometry etc. But for me personally I don't see it as a big problem, not that immersion breaking. But maybe I just like the game too much :D

Dragam1337 likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd say those loading stutters are fairly easy to live with - for me they only really happen when you enter a new area.

Caesar likes this.
  13. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    This game needs a large patch that addresses the large number of technical problems it has, even debugging the gameplay would not hurt, it is a pity that being a great game developers were satisfied with a product full of bugs, collision failures and animations poorly adjusted

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's certainly true that this game could use a good large bugfix patch, especially from the technical side, and second from the many little issues.
    That said, I'm pretty sure the devs had to meet a deadline... they maybe wouldn't have pushed it out before holiday season* / still in 2019

* Christmas deleted for political correctnes.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its because everyone accepts the bugs and issues. bugs are never part of reviews. If they were, things would be different. sure they mention them, yet its not part of the end result of the review.
    I am up to the point where i have to fight the huge bat that was shown in their gameplay videos. unfortunately the green stuff has taken over a large portion of my screen , making it unplayable and i am not able to continue.
    So i guess i will have to wait for patches / video drivers to fix this crap.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Okay THAT's a serious problem. I have not yet seen it tbh, neither the bat thing nor the green stuff. What GPU / driver version are you asking, out of curiosity?
    I'm running 2080TI with the game ready driver for Fallen Order (441.20 iirc?), no tweaks beyond the game's menu (which I guess you tried just as well), no mods either.

Yesterday I streamed the game for three friends of mine via discord (only on 720p because screw nitro), and occasionally there's even reflections on surfaces which... oddly enough... show the camera perspective reflected, and there's no mirror on the other side etc.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im on 441.41 atm, i always have the latest installed. i dont have mods or tweaks active either , just the default settings. in previous drivers i already saw the green stuff, and im not in the mood to install every driver of lets say the last 6 months lol

fantaskarsef and signex like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I haven't seen the green stuff neither *yet* i'm on 441.20

19. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    cerebus23, Angantyr and fantaskarsef like this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.