Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Trust me, I wasted 2 controllers in souls games by throwing it against the wall, so i know it can be frustrating and feel unfair. :D

XenthorX, Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    So the game is fun for people who like DS games and it's also fun for us, who like to "feel like a JEDI" on lower difficulty. That's good isn't it? I guess we can all agree that Respawn balanced the difficulty very well, so we can all enjoy the game the way we want.

Angantyr, fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've managed to finish Dark Souls 3 four times and Bloodborne three times but I cannot seem to manage Sekiro, it's just too difficult with the parrying :) And it feels like no parry = no progress the game :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe nah I just suck at it I believe :D
    Although Sekiro is my first game from FromSoftware, I believe I wouldn't do better in the others. It's just beyond me how to fight crowds of enemies, for me that game should be called "Shadows die near infinite times"
    But here there's a slider, might help me through it.

Dragam1337 and Netherwind like this.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The expectation is that if this game is a huge success, as it deserves to be (and not just because it is Star Wars), then EA might be tempted to release more single player games in the future. However, EA being EA, I suspect they will still be more committed to online "live" services games that they can monetise to hell and back and that games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be rare. Certainly, I buy fewer EA games these days than I used to. I didn't even bother with Anthem as I half-suspected (and I was almost right) that it would be as disappointing as Fallout '76 (which I didn't buy either - and yes I know this isn't published by EA).

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    My line of t hinking is pretty similar.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I am absolutely loving this game... everything is great about it, but i especially love the puzzles ! Some of the puzzles for the chests are not exactly straight forward xD

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    But yep, you can consider this game SW Canon - And having completed it, I don't mind it. It really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

But for starters, the game is probably more than just 5 years after the purge / order 66. Without knowing the precise number of years, I'd guess maybe 10 years - But that is just assumption based on what the story shows you.

The Rule of Two is not being invalidated by the Inquisitors. The Inquisitors were Padawans who were captured doing the purge or afterwards, and through means of torture and other means of Imperial persuasion, turned them into imperial servants. So just look at the Inquisitors in the same way as you would " Darth " Maul - A useful tool to be utilized, until it has served its purpose. But always expendable and deceived to believe they are more important than they actually are.

Yep. All of these questions are actually included in the game story. Some of it through optional dialogue - Items you analyses in the world, as well as flashbacks where you see it.

If you want addition info about the Inquisitors and their introduction, I can link you the comics with them. But in short, just consider them corrupted Jedi (whose training is incomplete, but still competent) - Neither Vader nor the emperor has trained them - Vader is their overseer, and he usually murders them if he sees failure from them.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    DS and combat in general is about timing and DS has a set number of timing to their combat. except that one boss that got like 4/6 timing.

DS guys must listen to tool for their combat timings.

Some are better than others at timing stuff especially related to combat, but your mucle memory can do a pretty good job learning timing things, where your "memory" comes fromy our hand and finger movrments on a KB or controller.

my bets that muscle memory is so good when sekiro comes around flips it up just hair to F with that muscle memory is annoys some people, I did find the parry everythingh EXCEPT the unparrable and unblockable stuiff, did give you bit a prompt but getting that down is awkward if you played a good bit of DS 3 times through the first game one time through 2 and i only partially played 3

Ive played sekiro 2 times through already.

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    FOV methods have been made for the game.

1) Is a FOV Mod which also supports ultrawide, multimonitor. Here is link; Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod 1.1
    [​IMG]
    2) Is to use the Universal Unreal Engine 4 Console Unlocker.
    Download the tool
    1. Launch the game and select its process in the tool - starwarsjedifallenorder.exe.
    2. Click on Inject DLL.
    3. Press ~ in the game.
    4. Enter FOV X where X is the desired value.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  15. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Finished, with all planets at 90%+ exploration. Very solid game overall and that's coming from a guy who doesn't play or like this kind of games(DS, Sekiro...) :)

Edit: Origin says 28 hours play time.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    serbicu and cerebus23 like this.

16. Your hard drive is crying...

Regarding the play time discussion... It's reasonable I think. Remember the Order? On Playstation. It isn't "that" hah. I guess I'm saying just brush at the thread and - it's a positive read; this game is bringing a pretty overall positive experience to players. I think that's good... especially considering they are Star Wars fans and those bunch - well we I guess are really hard to please it seems. I'm not .... but I don't know about the rest of you... hah! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    549mb update now

Netherwind and Angantyr like this.
  18. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I think play time is great in this game. Wouldn't want a boring SUPER LONG game with doing super boring stuff, like sleeping, eating, fishing, hunting animal, blah blah blah.. big open world with zero interesting thing to do. This game is great! Story is engaging, keep me wanting more. That's a definition of great game. I don't need life simulation or delivery simulation or chore work, I already have a real life to deal with, no need to simulate that in a game. xD

p.s., the best Metal Gear Solid game is still Metal Gear Solid 1. And it only 2 hours long to beat??

19. :cool:

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Honestly though, playtime is pretty long in this game, if you do all the exploration, which i love :)