Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Guess you are not playing the hardest difficulty. Ive died allot lol

2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Finished it with 30 hours play time on second hardest difficulty. Found all secrets and chest and have only a few missing echoes. If you do not explore, it could probably be done in like 20 hours. On harder difficulties I think you would be required to explore to find more health canisters. With the basic two canisters it would be extremely difficult to pass some passages and especially bosses.

Story was fun and the gameplay was nice, only kinda wish they have put some RPG elements into it, so it would be more like Mass Effect in this regard, basically linear but with some choices and character building. E.g. having lightsaber customization do something besides changing visuals. Either way I feel it was worth the money spent and I hope they are making a sequel.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Damn consoles just test the PC version DF.

SpajdrEX, XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You know they will get to that in the next video, adding PC into it would just bump up the running time and i know certain YT channels don't like having longer videos.

Happy this game seems to be good, not really a Star Wars fan anymore but can still get excited by a story driven Star Wars game. I just wish EA/Origin Access was multiplatform in the same way Game Pass is as i would like to test and see if the PC or X1X one performs/looks better. The DF video above might help though.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Have you beaten it yet? Trust me, the game world ain't small. It opens up gradually over time as Cal is able to access areas he couldn't before as the story unfolds.

The final size of each map for the various planets (especially the major ones like Zeffo, Dathomir and Kashyyyk) are humongous and very labyrinthine.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    No I'm on the first planet where I have to find a Jedi, found it tedious tbh.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    As I figured. When you go to the next planets and progress through the story, you'll see what I'm talking about. Prepare to be shocked! :D

9. It's longer than I expected and I love quality of main character models. Really awesome and facial animations in cutscenes are literally the best I've seen.

Yep I play on normal (Jedi Knight I guess?). I don't see any form of fun in dying and watching loading screen all the time :)

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's a great game, that works like a charm day one for everyone. Guess Unreal Engine 4 being a solid multiplateform game-engine helped a lot.

Wouldn't be surprised if the game was ported to switch later on, i just wish PC players had more eye-candy options available like better shadows at least.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I still haven't found anyone explaining what exactly the differences are between the 3 post processing levels... but so far i've been able to find out that below epic disables depth of field (don't want that crap on anyways), and sadly it also controls bloom strength - imo this kinda game looks great with heavy levels of bloom, so it would have been nice to have an individual toggle for each individual post processing effect, as bloom is not exactly performance intense, while depth of field very much is. Epic has the strongest bloom, high has some bloom, and medium disables bloom.

Medium post processing

[​IMG]

High post processing

[​IMG]

Epic post processing

[​IMG]

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Just made a small test, thought i'd create a new post rather than editing previous one:

You can run the game in DX12 mode despite the option not being available. Guess i'll experiement a bit hehe.
    First test: really similar performance for me, in favor of DX11 which end up at roughly 1-2FPS higher than DX12.

@Dragam1337 you can finetune every settings in "gameusersettings.ini" under "swgame" in your AppData folder.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, more individual settings please !

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    These are the defaults for UE4 engine https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Performance/Scalability/ScalabilityReference/index.html

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    So i found out - i haven't really played much with UE4 before, so just figuring it out :)

I'd like to know what quality medium in this game equates to though... is that a 0 or a 1 ?

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Is it just me or.... what do you guys see there?
    [​IMG]

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I haven't found the load times too bad upon dying.
    I'm sure they could be better, but they are not that long.

Overall, I'm about three hours in. Really liking it a lot. And, this is from somebody who is not a Dark Souls fan.
    But, I am a Star Wars fan. So... that helps. But I'm enjoying the combat a lot.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i see nothing, what do you see @Anarion ?

What triggers me is those missing shadows:
    [​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Looks like a face with a wide grin, and possibly a hood over it's head.

cerebus23 and Anarion like this.