Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    They are mistaken the lighting.. I saw one reviewer say it and he didn't know what he was talking about.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Game is running quite well on my 4K panel with a mix of Epic and High settings, Post Processing and Aliasing set to Medium. Laptop 7700HQ / GTX1070 Mobility. Resolution 1620p upscaled to 2160p with Sharpening. Getting FPS in the 50's mostly everywhere in gameplay, 40-45 fps for cutscenes.

@Darren Hodgson What memory do you have in your system? My gaming was affected by microstutters due to resource loading to card as well, depending on game. I managed to eliminate a lot of it by upgrading to faster RAM, DDR4-2400 16GB to DDR4-2933 32GB. Gotta keep your GPU fed. :)

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I also knocked down the Anti Aliasing a notch from Epic to High. The temperature difference on my GPU was wild IMO, from the 68 - 71C down to around 54C, and honestly, I can hardly spot the visual difference.

4. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Played about 3 hours and had 3 "LoginID:098379083722347981" (numbers were something else with letters too) crashes where the game just shuts instantly. Is everyone else's game stable?

Playing Epic at 2560x1440 144Hz.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Played a couple of hours, visuals are great, performance is great (all epic at 1080p/60fps), found the linear/platformy type gameplay a bit jarring after enjoying the freedom and open world of RDR2 so doubt I'll play it any more, at least for now, was free with Origin Premier so that's a bonus :)

6. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    As "free" as £15 a month is anyway ;)

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    70c is wild in your opinion? lol, good thing you aren't running a reference gpu then, huh xD

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I pay £48.62 (3,999 Russian Roubles*) for 12 months (so £4.05 a month) for Origin Premier primarily for Fifa so any other games that come with it I consider a free bonus :)

*Via Russian VPN.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea combat looks fun, story is either good to meh, the platforming looks overdone to a silly degree, and one thing kept coming up in reviews is the game world feels "disjointed", if your not a platform fan, i am not, you might want to skip this. but the levels themselves look like someone took a planet force crushed it therw it in a blender and then created levels out of it.

gonna wait on more review and probably a sale since i not sold the platforming myself.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    My system was built in June 2013 (so has lasted me well). It has 16 GB of 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I've found out what causes the bandwidth bottleneck with sli... it's the postprocessing setting... going from epic to medium gives a 30% (!!!) gpu usage reduction / fps increase.

I'd like to know what postprocessing does in this game, as it varies alot from game to game, and i can't quite tell the difference tbh.

Medium postprocessing

[​IMG]

Epic postprocessing

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Still can't tell what postprocessing does, aside of giving a slight blur...

But tested single gpu with postprocessing medium vs epic, and sli the same, without any fps caps (i usually cap fps at 58 for g-sync)

Single gpu medium PP

[​IMG]

Single gpu epic PP

[​IMG]

Sli medium PP

[​IMG]

Sli epic PP

[​IMG]

So postprocessing is quite heavy, even on single gpu, but especially on sli. Sli medium postprocessing becomes cpu singlethread performance bottlenecked, so gpu's could actually have pulled a bit higher... but even so 47 vs 80 fps, that's a very decent 70% sli scaling, when using medium postprocessing.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I'm also not a big fan of platforming. Actually I pretty much hate it and this game has a LOT OF PLATFORMING. Like really a lot... but I still play it. The reason why I don't mind it here is because they implemented instant respawn in front of each(or most of) platforming area and it's also not that frustrating or hard with the slomo ability. And even if you fall, you will be instantly respawned for instant retry.

Overall I like the story. It's not the best story ever, but it's good enough... and it's a SP SW game :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Barring the slow texture and asset streaming problem which will hopefully be patched, this game is the BEST Star Wars game of this generation in my opinion. As a lover of single player games, I have been deeply disappointed that no Star Wars game in recent memory has come close to capturing the atmosphere of the Star Wars Universe and the all important real time lightsaber combat, since the venerable Star Wars Jedi Knight series from almost 20 years ago. Now I'm happy to say that Jedi Fallen Order absolutely nails it in both respects. :cool:

This game is as enthralling as it is amazing. The levels are absolutely huge and labyrinthine, with lots of challenging platforming and encounters. In fact, the platforming can at times be the most difficult aspect in the game. Personally I think they may have overdone it a bit in that regard, but I have to respect the developer's vision for their game. And what a game it is! The lightsaber combat is just flat out incredible, being easy to learn but difficult to master. Mastering parrying and dodging are absolutely necessary, especially if you want to play on the higher difficulties. Playing with a controller is highly recommended, unless your dexterity with a keyboard is superhuman. :eek:

Another area where this game excels in is the animation department. The animations are smooth and fluid, which is very important for maintaining suspension of disbelief and make the player feel they are controlling an actual Jedi. Along with the graphics and enormous scale, animation quality is a major factor which distinguishes Jedi Fallen Order from other Star Wars themed titles.

Graphically, the game is top notch as well. As I mentioned before, the levels are absolutely massive and very detailed with plenty of dynamic lighting and shadows which affect the environment, and the character models (especially the hair) are fantastic. Screenshots don't do the game justice, you have to play it to really see and appreciate it. Performance wise, it runs very fast for the most part, with a bit of hitching and lag every so often. For some reason, the asset streaming algorithm cannot keep up with the game itself. This will likely be fixed, as it seems to affect not just the PC version, but the console versions as well.

Barring that, this game has hit a home run with me personally. After I first saw that introductory trailer months ago, I knew that Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order would scratch that Jedi Knight 2 Outcast itch that I've had for so long. I hope this game sells well so we see a continuation of the series, and a renewal of the action adventure single player Star Wars game :)

16. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
  17. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Seems the perf is where it should be for 1080ti, will get a month of premier now. :D

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Oh I want this game ,I watched a few videos and the hitching is off putting but as Carfax said ,looks like hitching may be fixed in a patch.
    The hitching thing in games does bother me at times,so much so I have games that I bought and did not even play because of the hitching.
    Anyway the game just looks awesome and seems to play great.Gott Origin access but guess it is time for Premier again.

For $20USD you can have reshade Ray Tracing.Glad the dude is making some cash off the presets,I will wait for free version.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  19. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    One word to describe this game: AMAZING!

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So i decided to get the game.
    Im glad to see to be able to run at 60fps 1080p ultra.
    It also supports HDR and DTS out of the box. it looks and sounds amazing.

Im not sure, but i think the config files do nothing. they are probably locked somehow. maybe someone can confirm them working or not.

K.S. likes this.