Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Hmm through Steam or Origin? Wonder if it's because I'm using a generic BT dongle instead of the Sony one, I'll try switching back (RDR2 doesn't work with the official Sony one).

Thanks for the reply :)

2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It seems to be doing good. I'll wait for around Christmas, the winter holiday sales will no doubt see his game get some sort of a small discount. It may get some patches in the meantime as well. Still, I'll prioritise getting this over RDR2, because I don't need more unfinished open worlds. :D

Kolt likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll wait for the first patch or two, then it's a buy.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Origin, Im using it wired. However I get the same thing, Red dead is fine with my generic BT dongle but origin games I have to plug the controller in to get it to read.

If I use input mapper and the generic BT dongle then it works fine wireless but reads as an Xbox controller.

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Does lowering the settings really help here? I'm looking for info on 1080ti class performance at 4k but not fussed about max settings, high would be ok for me. Also, does the game have a resolution slider, like 75% of 4K would be fine.

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Alright, so i just did some testing, and while sli does indeed work, it is the most modest scaling i've seen in a long time.

Single gpu 39 fps

[​IMG]

Sli with g-sync enabled 53 fps

[​IMG]

Sli with g-sync disabled 60 fps

[​IMG]

I suspect that the forced TAA just hammers the bandwidth available (at least on pascal), which is further worsened by g-sync also using up the bandwidth, leaving a very modest 35% sli scaling with g-sync enabled. Sadly disabling g-sync makes it a stuttering mess, so for me at least, it's better to get 50ish fps, and no stuttering with both sli and g-sync enabled, regardless of the scaling being very modest.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Wireless with the official Sony dongle and it correctly sees it as a DS4 with correct icons!

Annoying I have to keep switching dongle for RDR2, so weird it only sees it as a DS4 if using a 3rd party bluetooth dongle. Tempted to make a support ticket but think there's probably other priorities to be fixed!

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Played a bit of this last night in 4K on my TV with all settings epic. Very smooth, graphics are superb. I only did maybe 30 mins... seemed to be a lot of platforming stuff which is okay I guess but I rather have a heavier action focus over climbing metal grates while stuff explodes around me.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I am glad that they went with platforming over action heavy :)

10. I've played for the first hour and I'm totally hooked by the cutscenes and their overall quality. Even Epic should learn a few tricks from them because I've never seen better cutscenes...ever. That's some UE mastery class :)

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No resolution slider, but you could run the game at 1440p, and use the new nvidia control panel upscaling feature - should get you locked 60 fps :)

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It run pretty well, though adaptive sync helps a lot at 1440p... I did get some stutter though. Probably my 3770K is starting to show its limits.

Looks and sounds fantastic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Where is this located? I had a look but couldn't find it, only image sharpening.

CPU in the post above maxed out downloading the game? WTF

14. Aaaannnd right as I was typing this sentence it finally backed down... ok that was starting to worry me lol. It threw me off cause normally my download rate is never that high. Let alone my internet.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Are those cutscenes rendered or movies ? gameplay looks totally different.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    In the global settings in the nvidia control panel, as a part of the sharpening - there you have an option to toggle gpu scaling. You sadly can't enable it on a per game basis.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Rendered - they are running at 30-50% lower fps than gameplay, but i'd say that gameplay looks nearly as good - at least it's not a night and day difference.

Gameplay

[​IMG]

Cutscene

[​IMG]

Gameplay

[​IMG]

Cutscene

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Ok, thanks. Shame it can't be set in game profiles.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, so it is either enabled ALL the time, or not at all. I don't quite like that either, but it does admittedly help some :)