Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

DocStrangelove and XenthorX like this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Cosmetic MTX... I couldn't care less if people buy different colours to their lightsabres. Or different cloaks. Or anything cosmetic. In a game like this, meh. Actually, cosmetic MTX doesn't not bother me one bit in any game.

If the game is good, or even great, I'll just enjoy it. Is there even a meaningful multiplayer game mode in this game? Where it's worth to "show off" your cosmetics in city hubs and such?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Single player only as far as I know, Reddit impressions from early acquired copies have been positive too but I also really enjoyed what Respawn did with Titanfall 2 although this game matches in part "Souls" and part "Metroidvania" type gameplay elements along with exploration and the action itself mixing glow-stick combat with being force-full. :p

EDIT: Pretty sure they also toned down the gore a bit so only the big spiders (Or insects or what it was.) and the droids get properly cut up and humanoids don't because Disney and mass appeal and all that and ratings.

Guess it won't quite exceed Jedi Knight 2 or Jedi Academy in that regard although popping on saber realistic combat and having characters or the player falling into pieces on touch might have been a bit over the top fun as it was when it didn't entirely break the game. :D

And some other stuff, weird sabers and yeah mostly cosmetic extras and a couple of bonuses from the deluxe edition.

Not-Luke and Not-Vader plus a few others battling it out in another tale of Blu on Red.
    [​IMG]
    (Sister Two or something like that, names get weirder too I suppose ha ha.)

EDIT: Second Sister and her full circle crossguard saber, at least it's not the double-ender.

Think that's from some later movie, I know they're kinda phallic swords and all but that's overdoing it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Single player only and I think it would be dumb to buy even cosmetic items even if they are cheap. A good single player game should just let you unlock extra items once you've complained the campaign therefore giving you a reason to get more value for your money.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Currently pre-loading on my new Xfinity gigabit connection at 109MB/s :cool: Weighed in at 50GB even.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I really hope that this is good, I really do. But, you know, it's published by EA and they really don't have a great track record when it comes to single player games in my personal view. Mass Effect: Andromeda was a bit of mess but still pretty enjoyable if somewhat rushed and broken but Anthem was awful and not for me at all despite me loving all of BioWare's previous games. :(

The two Star Wars: Battllefront were hugely disappointing for me as while they certainly looked the part, there was really nothing there for solo players and I am just not interested at all in competitive online gaming as I find them far too repetitive, grindy and unrewarding/unsatisfying to play, what with killing the same bunch of people over and over and over again ad nauseum on the same handful of smallish maps. Just not for me I'm afraid...

... which is why this game really caught my eye when I saw it announced and I admit I even got a little excited when I saw the first gameplay footage. However, I am trying to rein in expectations as this is an EA game and no matter how talented their developers are if they get involved with adding loot boxes, microtransactions and all that other crap that turns their games in tedious grindfests then they can easily be ruined.

EA seem to have a disturbing knack for killing off their most talented developers, usually the ones that previously made great single player games. Fingers crossed this isn't the case here, eh?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Still considering: Preorder for orange lightsaber, or wait for reviews....
    Thinking about it this way, I think... not...

I bet you for a crimson lightsaber. :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    reviews it is an EA game.

and orange really?

9. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Shame I can't even get hyped anymore. I wish they released a demo because I'm tired of buying games I delete in a few hours and I'm sure I'll wanna play this on D1 because it's Star Wars game...

10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    ^
    Totally agree, It seems nice but I just have so many things to play right now that I simply don't want to risk buying it day one. I'd rather wait a bit and buy it in a few months, but some short demo could change that.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I love SW games but I'm not buying this on day one. Will watch some reviews and streams and check forums before I decide whether I buy it or not. ATM, it's more likely not.

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Im just gonna go for the origin premier and play it for a month.

I did the same thing for breakpoint, played it for month in co op and then done. Only cost me £12.

I love these new subscription models, Jump in cheap and then unsub again.
    Even playing the game for 2 months is still cheaper than buying it outright.

Backstabak and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Agreed. In a way, there is something inside me telling me to have a "copy for the collection" but I'm just fooling myself since I rarely play the same game more than once.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well...this is nice to watch until the game comes out :)

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    So my code from CDkeys it's here, I just re-checked the initial mail with the link :D , pre-loading now.

fantaskarsef and Darren Hodgson like this.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Never even considered it, but you might be right, buying one month to finish it would be probably enough for me to enjoy it and shelf it.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yesterday I've decided I'll wait for reviews, and more important, fellow guru's input in this. So when anybody wants to share their impressions on Friday / Saturday, feel free :D

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I took a gamble and managed to snag a copy from CDKeys for £38 and it is now pre-loaded ready for the 11pm Thursday, 14th launch. Seeing this for £59.99 on console and £54.99 on PC digital stores makes my eyes water though and makes me so appreciative of PC key sellers such as CDKeys and to a lesser extent (since they don't discount by as much) GreenManGaming for my digital games library.

Respawn are a talented developer so I have every confidence that the game will be at the very least good; my only concern is how much interference EA have had in the project. I am not expecting loot boxes but I'm also hoping that there are no microtransactions either, cosmetic or otherwise. There inclusion usually means that the gameplay is more grindy than it needs to be.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that this will be a great Star Wars action game. Roll on Thursday, 11pm!

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Russian Origin Access Premier is only £48.50 and you get access to pretty much all EA games as well as loads of others which may or may not interest you, way better value IMO. This game didn't really interest me because the main character looks like a tween douche but I'll try it for free!

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    As a Jedi padawan, effectively you are a tween douche :D