Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Game is #1 in top selling. That's why EA did it and kept the Origin launcher. Because people are stupid.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well single player games r ded they cant roll out after their single player star wars title first true one in what 8 years or so? is #1 in top selling after 2 battlefronts flopped.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Easy, this is the first game that may have a character to it. Battlefronts were pretty-looking, but ultimately soulless.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    First, we already discussed, and many people here on the forums see SP games all but dead. Second, isn't half of the console games released until today still more or less a SP title? Shooters aside?

And we shall see how much money they make off this SP title. You might be right, but the IP does definitely help sell initial games, I'd say.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, saying "single player games are dead" is laughable when MP only titles are a tiny number, and most people only go to MP after finishing the single player.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Last month EA was pimping CyberSecurity Month and if you enabled the Authenticator to your login, you got a free month of Origin Basic Access. I just got mine activated, which includes a 10% discount on buying games. So I used the discount to pre-order Fallen Jedi. :) Covers the cost of tax.

Also, you can get the Deluxe Edition with preorder stuff if you subscribe to their Premier Access. @ $99/yr upfront or $15/mo ($180/yr)

Thought I'd share some buying options.

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I don't know why anyone listens to this Cerebus23 guy. He's clearly a young edge lord on these forums.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So GMG still doesn't have a preorder... anybody bought a key so far, or did you guys preorder on Steam / Origin? Or wait for release and buy it then?

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I preordered mine from Origin.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Preordered on Origin w/ 10% discount

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    MP is so 2001.

12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    They most likely are being instructed by EA not to sell it until a certain point, either close to release day or after.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Oh man! Just 4 more days until Friday ! Cannot wait to play another, hopefully, amazing single player experience! :D

I am enjoying RDR2 on PC atm, but haven’t played this on my pro ob release date, it does not that attractive now. I will finish it again, no doubt, just before Cyberpunk drops next year :)

Skinner likes this.
  14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    There's a review embargo until the day of release. And EA knows why. ;)

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Why my friend? you think they're hiding something, or the game is going to be bad?

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Respawn hasn't soured their reputation yet, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

They are the talent that created the CoD franchise before it became the most milked product of all time.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I don't trust EA. They announced to investors that they will introduce more microtransactions into all games.

Black cloak for your Jedi? 3.99$
    Crimson lightsaber? 9.99$

Wanna bet? ;)

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

DocStrangelove and XenthorX like this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Cosmetic MTX... I couldn't care less if people buy different colours to their lightsabres. Or different cloaks. Or anything cosmetic. In a game like this, meh. Actually, cosmetic MTX doesn't not bother me one bit in any game.

If the game is good, or even great, I'll just enjoy it. Is there even a meaningful multiplayer game mode in this game? Where it's worth to "show off" your cosmetics in city hubs and such?

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Single player only as far as I know, Reddit impressions from early acquired copies have been positive too but I also really enjoyed what Respawn did with Titanfall 2 although this game matches in part "Souls" and part "Metroidvania" type gameplay elements along with exploration and the action itself mixing glow-stick combat with being force-full. :p

EDIT: Pretty sure they also toned down the gore a bit so only the big spiders (Or insects or what it was.) and the droids get properly cut up and humanoids don't because Disney and mass appeal and all that and ratings.

Guess it won't quite exceed Jedi Knight 2 or Jedi Academy in that regard although popping on saber realistic combat and having characters or the player falling into pieces on touch might have been a bit over the top fun as it was when it didn't entirely break the game. :D

And some other stuff, weird sabers and yeah mostly cosmetic extras and a couple of bonuses from the deluxe edition.

Not-Luke and Not-Vader plus a few others battling it out in another tale of Blu on Red.
    [​IMG]
    (Sister Two or something like that, names get weirder too I suppose ha ha.)

EDIT: Second Sister and her full circle crossguard saber, at least it's not the double-ender.

Think that's from some later movie, I know they're kinda phallic swords and all but that's overdoing it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019