Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    jeez, steam's forum is full of toxic people.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah, noticed it too now that I started steam.
    As for requiring origin, what did you expect? Honestly, that's no surprise at all, since it's done that way by e.g. ubisoft as well.

GMG, btw, does now no longer have the game directly viewable in the library (last status was "coming soon"). It doesn't show up in the search for me either.
    My wishlist, only containing this game, does show containing one game, but not listing any. I think they are just getting it ready, since it never showed on what platform the key would be, to make it a steam game. That said, as it still requires origin, I'd honestly prefer them to give out origin keys, since then it would not require steam to be started, while needing origin either way.

3. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    And here comes the launch trailer... a bit too soon I guess?

cerebus23 and serbicu like this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Looks like it's the kind of game you'd better play with a controller. I don't mind ! Hope they have some extra eye candy graphic options for PC.

5. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I'm probably weird but I really love those light-speed transition effects. It's probably the first SW game that actually does it right :)

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hey if Origin HAD a forum you know it would be the same... xD

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Something tells me EA would censor theirs way more

EDIT : not that I'm making a counter point - just adding to yours

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

K.S. likes this.
  9. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    lol - yeh I added an edit - that made me laugh hard

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the Steam forums are a dumpster fire.

They are great for support if you're having issues with a game technically. But, as far as opinions... anything debatable... they are a pure dumpster fire.

K.S. likes this.

11. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    hah @ dumpster fire - been a while since I've used that one... dumpster fire... always nice to rip that one out of storage and toss it at a fresh target lmao'

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Compared to earlier footage, the launch trailer definitely looks better. And I noticed the protagonist's hair is now much higher resolution and also animated, where it wasn't before. Actually everything looks crisper in the trailer than before, when there was a vaseline filter.

So the launch trailer is likely running the PC version, or maybe the X1X.

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    This is an interesting development. While it seems that they have gone the Ubisoft/Rockstar way (where the game launches through both clients), it also can be speculated on WHY EA has returned to Steam. Sure, both companies must have reached some agreement, but why would EA return to Steam after, what, 7 years of Origin publishing only?

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I understand that EA wants the data from Steam like achivs, how much time played and so fort...but wouldn't it have been enough with Steam linked to EA? Then Steam could have sent the necessary data to EA and Origin wouldn't have been necessary to run in the background.

I bet Origin is just there to collect data.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o

Not saying you're not right, but did you complain about uplay the same? Or Rockstar's launcher? Since that applies to every game out there of a company that does have a launcher by now, or am I wrong?
    (except CDPR games and GOG afaik, but they're the "good" or not as bad guys imho anyway)

I was merely referring to, they all are handling it that way... not that it's good that it's that way. I was just surprised at the surprise of our fellow guru here

Netherwind likes this.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I think it wouldn't mater anyway. E.g. I have AC bought as steam key but after first run when it links to your uplay account, I no longer need to run steam and can just directly run it from uplay. Here I assume it will be the same.

As far as why EA made a return to Steam, I think it's probably quite expensive to develop and run their client just for their games, so they figured that having it also published on Steam is going to bring in more clients.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well with steam and origin, isn't steam still needed to start the game? As in Hilbert mentioned it in his post about EA access coming to steam too (and even needing the games to be on steam too)?

Yes I too think they are testing the waters there, seeing how many more sales they can get via steam, even if their cut is smaller.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You are right of course but one would wish that a company like EA would take the first step towards better integration between platforms.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes, you are right. But it's EA... what did people expect? It's a big surprise that they even came back to steam, let alone change their whole paradigm. That's my whole point... I would have expected EA to stay off steam indefinitely. To offer people to have those games bought via steam is already as much improvement as I can imagine them willing to go.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That's the thing, nobody expects anything from EA but crap :) And now they surprise us all, smart move. They want to "stir the pot" and now everyone is talking about it. Of course this is well timed with the Jedi game release. Smells like they're going on a "goodwill crusade" :)

PS. Thanks for the 1000th like ;)

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.