Star Wars III - Just saw it! ;)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saeid, May 18, 2005.

1. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    LOL that would seriously have rocked, Julez Winfeild = most bad ass character ever!

2. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

holy mom of god this movie rocks arse, wifey loves the dark side but for me the force is always great and the sith should rise at home sometimes hehe.

3. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    seeing it tomorrow

4. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Think about this one. The Viceroy (or whatever) were screaming for their lives when they tell Anakin that Darth Sidious promised them pie in the sky. And Anakin ignores and slaughters them. Do you think he doesn't care about the obvious fake war because of his love for Padme, or that he's so blinded by the Dark Side that he doesn't even hear them.

5. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    I've got another one. When Palpatine tells Anakin of the Sith Lord that could prevent his friends from dying, he also spoke of him being able to create life. Is Lucas implying that he created Anakin, or did Palpatine? Maybe Palpatine was the padawan that killed him in his story. He created Anakin and knew that the "chosen one" was to be a Sith all along. Or maybe it was just a lie to convert Anakin to the Dark Side.

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  6. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    I think that Darth Plagueis was Sidious's master and that he killed...although I dont think that Palps knows the ability bring anyone back to life...yet and that he used it to convert Anakin

In TPM, Qui Gon did say that he believes Anakin was concieved by the living force (it was on tv last nite :p)

Besides, we know that Anakin does fulfill the prophecy by killing Sidious in ROTJ

7. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anakin's mother was kidnapped and used as an experiment. Darth Plagueis conducted the experiment with her and she conceived Anakin through unnatural childbirth. There was no father involved.

8. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Here's something else dumb...The Emperor told Anakin he could teach him how to save Padme's life. This was the main reason why Anakin chose to turn to the dark side. Then after he turned Emperor says something like "together we can find this power" so he lied saying he knew how but didn't . Don't you think Anakin would say something about that? Also top gun I think Luke is the one that fullfilled the prophecy. Luke is the one that restored balance to the force by bringing Vader back to the light side. So the way I see it Luke is the chosen one not Vader. Afterall it's the only time a Jedi turned a Sith back to a Jedi usually it's a Sith turning a Jedi to the dark side.

9. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    you know, Palpatine could have just been BSing the whole thing about that dark lord ans just making **** up to seduce anakin to the dark side

wouldnt put it past him at all

10. biggestC

biggestC Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD M880G ATI Mobility
    i saw it again for the second time: still enjoyed it. Lucas redeemed hilmself and his franchise.

11. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    @ KCjoker.....even though Luke is the one that brings Anakin back to the light side of the forcec, Anakin is the one that kills the emperor, which brings balance back to the force....not saying that Luke isnt significant but only anakin could kill the emperor

12. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    Exactly, the only powers that luke had were to pout and cry while he became a human lightning rod.

13. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    All Vader did was pick him up and throw him over a ledge,LOL. Luke is the one that risked his life allowing himself to be electricuted in order to sway Vader to the Light side. Remember that's how the Emperor got Anakin to turn dark by risking his life to Mace Windu. Also since Vader is the baddest remember that Luke had Vader beaten but Luke let him live. If Luke would've killed Vader then Luke would've easily beaten the Emperor since he was old. I heard Kevin Smith was going to direct a TV series about Star Wars does anyone know for sure?

14. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    I have heard that there was going to be a series, but I don't know who by. Kevin Smith is a great fan so that would be a good choice.

15. ReBeL

ReBeL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    So is the defintion of "balancing the force" to kill all the Sith? I don't know about this whole balance thing. It seems to me that there would always be potential for Jedi to turn evil. I don't think killing Palpatine was the same as destroying the dark side of the force. All it takes is for someone else to discover it.

DarkJedi, top gun.....explain the prophesy to me. I've been interested in finding out what it meant, but have never gotten around to doing the research on it.

I find it odd that Vader could choke and kill somebody with the force that's not even in the same room with him, but wasn't powerful enough to defeat his son who had only been learning to use the force for like a year or two. I guess Luke must have been even more naturally powerful than Anakin was. I always figured Darth Vader could just choke Luke to death and be done with it. I don't see how Luke could have prevented it.

And how come Vader never used the lightning? You'd think that in the 20 some years as Sidious's apprentice he would have learned to do that. Then again, maybe Sidious did not teach him anything else for fear that he would become too powerful or something.

16. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Did I mention that I saw the movie yesterday? I did. The light sabre duel between Vader and Kenobi dragged on too long, my father wanted to yell out,"just shoot the SOB and have done with it!" *LOL*

17. ReBeL

ReBeL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    Are there any books on Ep. VII, VIII, and IX? I can't find any.

18. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    I think the reason that vader didn't learn the electrical attack was due to the fact that he was mostly a robot. It might shor circut him or something. And rmember how luke was always saying that he felt there was some good in his father, well that may have stopped him from doing a lot of things (choking luke to death). I am just guessing though.

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    SMALL SPOILER!!!! WARNING!!!

i still don't understand how come luke got a double dosage of lighning than palpatine and was not desfigurated? any ligical explanation? or just it was not planed by lucas, which i doubt

20. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    IMHO, since Palpatine got his own lightning reversed by Mace Windu - it somehow became a closed loop (shortcircut) and we all know how much power can be produced by those... ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2005