Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Then don't buy deluxe?

People pay crazy money for gun skins in cs go no one blinks an eye lid hell destiny sold emotes they don't affect the game at all and I'd rather have emotes in exclusive dlc than anything meaningful like guns.

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    You can't compare that to CS:GO skins considering the number of transactions you can do with skins. You can sell them for real money, bet with them, open a case for 2.5$ and can potentially win something over 200$ of IRL money.

What do we know about the game beside how it plays? Anything? Hell do we even know whats in the vanilla game? But hey... pay 120$ for whatever we got planned for you on top of what you will be getting with the vanilla game! That concept is what's stupid, and that is what he is pointing out.

No one has a gun to your head to buy it we get that, but he isn't talking about that.

3. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Looks like some are not familiar with BF4 pricing, because if you were SW:BF pricing wouldn't surprise you. I think both games were/are over-priced at launch.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    ^^^this. Nuff said.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Battlefield had rentable servers, a big difference when it comes to DLC, and a single-player campaign.
    Even here I found the price to be really steep, but they tried to make up for it with lots of content and long (needed!) support.

This, here, is a totally different animal. Nothing screams "feature-packed" here.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Terrible comparison.

Fallout 4 comes from a proven lineage of games.

It's an SP game (with 80+ hours of gameplay if the previous games are anything to go by).

Fallout 3's DLC were all pretty good if memory serves.

Now, I hate this 'season pass' bullsh!t and it doesn't matter who does it, it's w4nk.

I'd really prefer we returned to the days of companies selling me a full game (and if it's good, I am happy to hand over $60/70 for the privilege).

This business of chopping up the original game, subsequently calling it 'digital deluxe' or 'ultimate' and selling it incrementally is out of control.

You are right, no one has seen Fallout 4 and it could turn out to be an unmitigated POS (I hope not, but it's possible).

I have however seen Battlefront and I cancelled my preorder based on what I saw as did most of the other people I know who had preordered it.

An 'MP only scaled down cheat festival' is just not worth $120.00, AJ is right (and for the record, I'm not a fan of his either).

To be honest, this whole business of the 'complete game' (game + 'season pass') costing upwards of $100.00 is out of control, especially when you consider that as AJ points out, previous iterations of Battlefront gave you more modes, more choices and an SP component for far less (inflation notwithstanding).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I would donate about 20 bucks for a BF4 Starwars mod. And that's what i'll buy it for on one of the usual keysites. 20 bucks, no more no less.

Anyone paying 120 is out of his mind and sends a terrible message to EA and others.

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The problem here is that unlike Hardline, which deservedly fell flat on it's face, BF has the Star Wars franchise and an upcoming SW movie to prop it up.

It's not a very good game from what I've seen but I suspect that the aforementioned factors will help it to sell well regardless.

10. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Angry Joe's rants, got to love 'em. :D

12. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Joe is right on the money but, i'm still gonna preorder $59.99

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It's best to just get standard (or deluxe if you want the extras) and go for season pass when the first DLC/expansion comes out, this way you won't lose out on anything, and have the confirmation that the game is still alive and well when those DLC come in play, unlike with BF:H for example, which also had an ultimate edition and the game is pretty much dead on PC with DLC from the season pass yet to come out.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    No matter how you look at it, I kind of came to the same conclusion as this guy in the video.

The regular game is already costly enough by itself, but that might be tolerable.
    Then you get a deluxe edition that sells you useless emotes (you're standing there with a big target sign on you as you can't move while he does the emote, apparently he couldn't do so in beta I tried), and early access to stuff you're already going to unlock. And especially at the start people play lots and catch up easily to you. Imho 10€ (we are f*cked again to pay more than the US, go figure) is another 10€ down the drain.
    And then you get the ultimate edition, which won't bring you any bonus until two weeks before the first expansion is released. You don't know what it brings, and certainly you won't know until the game has launched. And I am still feeling bad about playing BF4 at launch, as well as BF3. Oh and yes, the season pass costs as much as the main game. Way to go...

I've already mentioned elsewhere, I don't see this game being a launch day buy for me in any way. I'll wait for discounts on both the game and season pass, it just does not make me want to do this.

And yes, I'm looking forward to Fallout 4 now.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Got the ultimate edition for 69€, mexican proxy :) :thumbup:

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah this game is a huge waste of time for me unless I could pick up the ultimate edition for around £30...

Otherwise meh gameplay isnt that great as I see it and have seen enough vids/twitch streams of it to know what it's like.

Fail as it stands.

17. hasty

hasty Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 670 Factory OC
    I played the beta, it's a great game.
    60$ just seems a bit too much for a game these days, tbh.
    I will probably skip the buying part.

18. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    You can always buy a CD key for less for any game
    Including this one.it is 40$ today.fair price for that game

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Still depends on how much you want to spend for it. 40€ is still too much for me personally, while it definately is nice to get it for that price if you're a launch buyer.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The Battlefront III that was. Skip straight to 1:28

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.