Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Feels like a BF4, Star Wars mod. Pretty but nothing under the hood. I was bored with it before the beta even finished.

2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Star Wars bf dream come true. :)

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    No ingame voice. They really hate PC gamers dont they?

4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    really enjoyed the beta already have it on pre order. Shooting storm troops and flying Xwing awesome.

I do believe it could have been better but its a beta some things may change if we shout loud enough Look at Batman anything's possible.

1. loose the silly blue discs select the way you want to play at the start or when you re spawn.

2. Like the credits for points happy for that to stay.

what would you want or change

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I don't mind this I want my son to play if they do implement I hope there is a mute option for all voice so if you don't like it you don't have to hear it.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The new version of the Origin client (Might be a beta update.) 9.10.1 added support for DirectX 12 for their overlay so I wonder if that means they're planning to add some games making use of it soon, this game is probably the best guess if so. :)

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    DirectX12 update for battlefield 4? probably not, but hey we might see a super alpha in CTE.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Keep in mind that Origin does sell non EA titles as well.
    Them making Origin DX12 compatible could mean they are just preparing for support for other upcoming titles.

Maybe Origin will carry Gears of War or the new Tomb Raider.

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    looking the game is set for be released really soon.. i dont think ( outside they plan a future patch ).

This said, games like Need for speed who have been pushed to spring 2016 on pc release seems a good candidate.

They are not the only one too, look like many Square Enix titles have been pushed to around the same date (hitman, DeusEX, ( maybe too TR, but the date was allready set on spring 2016 for PC )

Along that, ofc, they sell games who are not made/product by them. ( and like Ashes will come soon ... ).

I think that for many PC version, with a date of release around movember / december, who was initially released for DX11, they have realize that push the release on PC of 3 months will permit to have the time to "port" them to DX12 and not have a problem in 3-4 months when many games will come with DX12...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Dayum, 120 euros on the ultimate version (was the same with Hardline), if I were to get this game I'd buy standard game and season pass keys from some site, since these prices are through the roof.

11. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I enjoyed the beta more than I thought I would, but that said I can see this game dying pretty fast. If I do buy it, it'll be from a key store for cheap.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Love him or hate him... he does have a point... it's kind of ridiculous.

13. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    $50 for something we don't even know, for a game with no single player... making it $120!

Are they out of their fu**ing minds? That is ludicrous.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The game will sell a lot of copies, but they have also lost a LOT of sales from this "beta" they did.

Every one of my friends that was interested in the game, even some that had already pre-ordered it... have changed their minds from the beta.
    Canceled pre-orders. One friend asked why he should spend money on this when Fallout 4 releases the same month.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Did he make any valid points? I couldn't hear him over all the childish screaming.

Sorry but the dudes a clueless ****, he's terrible at everything I've seen him try to play and just turns to screaming and pulling stupid faces.

Also kinda rich moaning about 50$ dlc (which no ones forcing you to buy) when he spent thousands of dollars on a alienware pc then tell's his audience its because they have the best PC's....

dudes downright cringe worthy and I've seen people point out the flaws in the game in a much less child rant way.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

16. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well if you look at it from an objective point of view, he made some good points! He's just criticizing how EA is running things, and pointing out some of the flaws in their release!

Him being terrible at games, acting stupid or spending however much on his rig doesn't make his points any less credible!

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Thing is he's making it out as though you have to buy the ultimate edition or even the season pass before knowing what's in them and you don't...

The game had a open beta if you played it you know if you like it or not, If you did buy the normal version and if the dlc looks good then buy the season pass if not then don't easy!?

Where's people rants about fallout 4s season pass? a game no ones played and no one will get the chance before buying it and of course the season pass is a total mystery too but thing is ranting about EA gets more clicks and views so why not.

18. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Buying a season pass/ premium without knowing what it will be is nothing new for DICE games. ie. BF4

BF4 was about the same price at launch. Same for BF4 premium about the same price as SW: BF. I dont see what is so surprising.

I'll grab the vanilla game and get the season pass/ premium later.

But its the internet, so the QQ will be the loudest/ most noticeable.

Also, having no single-player campaign and not following old SW:BF games is actually a plus for me.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yes he did.

Paying for emote animations and paying for content that you already have access to in the base game.

Then basically paying more money for less content.

Perhaps they will be adding the missing content as part of the DLC? or is the DLC just maps? It's not really known at this point in time.

Think what you will of Joe, he does bring up some disturbing trends that publishers have been pushing now for quite a while.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I hate Angry Joe, I find him overly annoying and most of the time he comes across like a douche.

But, this video, he is correct.
    The pricing and bundling EA are doing with Battelfront is beyond stupid. Paying 120 bucks for a game (that shouldn't even cost a full 60) and some DLC that you're just supposed to trust will be worth another 50 dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.