Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I am enjoying it alot more. Third person is key to doing well IMO, let's you see so much of the action and can flank enemies with proper use of camera angles, etc.
    I am still extremely confused on whether I should get it or not, it's really expensive though but... come November, I'll have more than enough money but I dunno

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    With R6 Siege and Just Cause 3 both coming in the next few months Battlefront is going to be put into buy 2016 territory for me. That's if I even decide to given the fact I find the beta so frustrating to play although less o in third person. It just isn't selling itself to me anywhere near enough aside from being perhaps a new graphical showcase I can show to friends.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I can't help but feel like the animation in 3rd person, especially with Luke Skywalker could really use some work, he looks ridiculous.

4. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Even more so when you take into consideration the animations we had in games such as Raven Software's Jedi Outcast. 13 YEARS AGO.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Damn this game is frustrating, I keep dying over and over and don't even have time to realize wtf is killing me. The spawning is RIDICULOUS, I have been spawned in the middle of enemies and vice versa several times now. Granted I haven't unlocked those imbalanced later weapons but I find the default blaster to be quite crappy and can't help to notice how I get sniped from huge distances but I can't seem to hit **** if it's not mid-range.

Also, fighting over pick-ups is something I severely dislike. They should rather have made it random who spawns as hero, have vehicles spawns like in BF games and leave the other power-ups as pick-ups. This oversimplification hurts the game imo.

Last but not least, in about 2 hours playtime I have yet to see the rebels to win a game...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I will get this game anymore, and I love SW and DICE games. :3eyes:

6. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Someone tell me I did the right thing. I ordered the game and canceled this morning. I can't get kills anywhere near a guy who had 20+kills. Max kills I got was 8. I die in two shots while another is alive after a barrage of bullets unloaded on him. Why the heck is that? Cheaters are getting banned and where is the fair game? I did the right thing by canceling this crap fest?

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'd say so, I'm going to do the same thing this afternoon.

I noticed the same inconsistencies, I get killed in 1 or 2 shots but others sustain a steady barrage and then turn around and 1 shot and I won't get into the idiot scores where 2 or 3 'players' have 30+ kills and no deaths while the server average is 6-7 kills and as many deaths (I'm not talking about people who are in the Walkers etc).

It's very obvious as well because when you run into these guys, you are dead before you have a chance to take a breath.

This is the problem with making an 'MP only' game imho and because DICE refuses to do BOTS, you are stuck playing with an endless supply of cheaters.

That's one thing I like about CoD, say what you want about it but they do provide a working BOT system for those of us who do not want to deal with these wankers.

I'll echo the sentiment of several others here, it is a terrible shame they didn't design a separate SP game (or a campaign for this one although I understand they wanted to focus on MP) because it really does look and sound amazing.

If someone had told me that we would have a game that looks like this when I first watched 'TESB', I wouldn't have believed it in 1000 years ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  8. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Thank you for that. No more MP for me from dice or EA.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Ah you'll get used to it man!

Keep trying and you'll get the hang of it.

10. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    One of my favourite games, and in my opinion the best Star Wars game ever made. I'd kill for another game like that, Academy was good but not quite as good as Outcast in my opinion.

11. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No man, that just isn't going to happen. Practically all of us are saying the same thing so continued play is not going to alter that outcome. I'm rank 5 and still suffer the exact same issues with the game that I did when I first started out.

I advise anyone who has a pre-order to ditch it now if they have any concerns or doubts at all concerning the beta release. At least that way you can wait on the reviews and final release feedback with all the content before parting with your hard earned cash. The game is way way overpriced to take such a gamble.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Beta has been out few days you will get better with perseverance, it's Just a beta after all, it's been a long time to play a game like this.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As we all know with Dice, it's not even half as much "beta" as the name may suggest. They would've easily called it a demo some years ago.
    Demos didn't use the most current and complete code too back then, so to me it's not a huge (practical) difference.
    It won't be turned upside down over night.

14. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nah, I wont ever get used to cheating.

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    I hope no one minds me giving my thoughts.

I like the game play feel, it's fast, different and I had fun with the way the guns felt and toon movements, third person views.

The graphics were good, sound were great and it felt like I was in the star wars world. They seemed to do their home work on this part.

Now the bad.

Me and another guy pumped our weapons to overheating, into this guy and he took zero damage "BF4 all over?" This guy went on to dominate the match. Hitreg issues?

I saw FF banning like crazy, cheats already out for game.

With no server rentals I can see the cheating getting out of hand quickly. No Admins to to keep the rif raf out. A bad decision on DICE's part.

No server browser! What year is this again?

I like the game but doubt it will have any longevity due to the issues listed above.

JMHO

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Open beta your gonna get a lot of cheaters sadly as they can keep just making new origin accounts.

17. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Yes I agree, but the fact there will be no admins has other problem. You can't do anything about griefers, exploiters ether. They could come up with a vote kick system but we all know that will be abused.

The hitreg issues seem to still be here, but this isn't the newest build. This may change, but this is EA were talking about. EA/DICE are still trying to fix this in BF4 and I hold out little hope their up to the challenge.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    There has been Alcoholics Anonymous aimbot since the beta went live pretty much.

EA don't care, they will just sit back and say not my problem I'm too busy swiming in my pool of money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Welcome to pc master race.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If EA went after the makers like Sony did...... that would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.