Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    At least we will have access to test. After i played the Hardline beta i decided not to purchase the game.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I actually can't believe it. I've been waiting for a realistic looking Starwars game since JK Academy in 2003 and now that they get the chance to release the best looking SW game ever it's just a MP blasterfest. :p

I've been just looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games and the amount of SW games cancelled since 2005 is ridiculous.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, especially Star Wars has so many things that would perfectly suit a single player or coop game.
    Quite weird.

@mr yellow: I did the same. Tried the beta and never considered to buy it afterwards. We'll see how this one goes.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    It certainly is lack of creativity that keeps them from making a really good game that just sells no matter if people are star wars fans or just the regular picking up an interesting game. Because it's about sales all the time, and I guess they didn't see enough sales to justify developing and releasing those games, at least in general.

5. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I believe Lucasfilm / Lucasarts concentrated development on consoles like the game cube at some point.

I hope Disney makes Starwars games coming back to PC as well, i dont even mind about getting releases 2 months after the consoles.
    But i guess it's too early to say. Who knows how many AAA SW titles are in dev right now. *crosses fingers*

We need:

- Xwing vs TIE 2016 with a story / cutscenes
    - Jedi Knight - a new beginning (Kyle's story is over)
    - Free2play Starwars Galaxies linked with your XwingvsTIE account for space combat

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's just sad all future SW games will be by EA.

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    PC GAMER lists Battlefront's graphical options

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-pc-graphics-options/

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Uhm, I have to say, this does not look as bad as I expected, although it really looks... simple.

9. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I agree, it looks funtastic, but i can see myself blasting away for 2 afternoons until i saw all maps and then lose interest quickly.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It is quite simple at its core imo it plays more like the old quakes and unreal tournaments more than battlefield.

But it has a tone of good game modes that actually work with the maps and I think once people start using the ability's and classes as teams it get get pretty tactical (jet pack ftw!)

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm going to put this out here. A "Listen Server" is considered a dedicated server even if it is one client being the dedicated server. Dedicated doesn't really mean what people think it does. Think CoD, listen server configurations where they use one client as the server and have seperate stats servers.

It's EA's "matchmaking" statement, that makes me think they may do this, as it is cheap to do, though I have no proof of this, after all it is EA we're talking about here. But it does worry me.

And what is this I'm hearing about no aim down sights? and only 20 vs 20?

Don't get me wrong, It may turn out to be a fun game, but this is the same DICE Sweden developer that released BF4 completely broken.

I won't pre order, and wait for friends to let me know how good this is. No more pre order money from me.

JMHO

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    That's exactly what I thought, looks good, plays for fun, and after getting to know all the maps, where's the motivation? Where's the interest to keep me playing? As it looked and sounded like you wouldn't gain anything from leveling (I saw and listened to the video above), why should I continue to play for hundreds of hours, like BF to unlock all the stuff?

I don't expect so much tactical stuff except you are talking to each other... is there something like voip announced? Also, I'm not sure if that pick up style playing does help a reliable tactical loadout distributed among squaddies.

Well it's 20vs20 with bots filling up the servers afaik.

Yet there seems to be aiming down the sights (see the video above). It surprised me too, but actually it's not that needed as you neither have bullet drop nor huge damage on the weapons. In the video it doesn't look like you need to aim down the sights to hit.

I can relate to your feeling about the game and preorder... since they offer nothing of worth for preorder (just shortcuts), I didn't feel it to be worth the extra money for a deluxe edition, and since I think about the game being buggy and having it's troubles, I'll most likely wait until it's on sale for the first time, maybe the holiday season to grab some offers with a season pass or something if it turns out to be funny.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Well that's the same with every other shooter out there. :p
    The DLC's will keep us busy playing it.

The only downside i found is 20v20, everything else looks epic.

I also found you die pretty fast, and the map design meh, especially the map on capturing pods, you get shot at from every angle as far as i've seen in some gameplay of it.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Pretty much true... on the other hand, you'r healed up to full in a matter of a few seconds once you're getting out of the enemy fire.

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    16gb of ram recommended? REALLY? :3eyes:

16. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'm only interested in the coop gameplay, but resisting waves with a friend doesnt sound much fun. If nothing really groundbreaking comes up in the next weeks i think i'll pass. I'd rather watch the classic trilogy again in FullHD@24fps lol ;)

17. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    And Windows 10 for a better experience.Cut costs on port optimization.Ignore memory leaks and say game needs more ram.Don't bother coding less texture loading of what you can't see in distance.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Rec specs
    GTX970/290
    16GB
    :3eyes:

That 16GB is gonna be a problem for a lot of people and I'll guarantee stuttering if you max out all options with 8Gb. Smh.

Glad I upgraded. Game visually looks incredible. Nice to see SOMETHING visually appealing this year after the plethora of delays. Games delayed last year that get delayed this year...the gaming industry is in a rut when this is the game I'm looking forward to. No offense to the developers. But the style does look rather generic and repetitive. Hopefully the Unreal Tournament fan in me can enjoy it for more than a weekend.

I'm really happy there's an open beta to test performance and see if the gameplay will hold up. I guess these limited open beta's are replacing demo's.

19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    looks like my system will be able to play this game well ................ I need to shoot a storm trooper

I wish people that had pre ordered the game got beta access

20. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    People pre ordered this game?Really?Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.