Star Wars Battlefront II Buyers Have Complaints Lots Of Them

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 14, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes, indeed, it all went down hill when EA took them over. But that's the usual story if EA and take over are in the same sentence.
    Anybody remember the crack baby basketball episode from Southpark? It's awefully true...

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is just too much money in gaming these days.

EA and many others spend so much money making these games that it ends up being essential that DLC and micro transactions are added as they will lose money without them.
    The demand from consumers for the best graphics and sound and large production values adds to this.

I do think gamers only have themselves to blame though, if they keep spending millions on this then they are telling EA there is a market for this. Only a stupid company would not do this.

A Star Wars game is always going to a cash grab though, the cost of license guarantees that.

XP-200 likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    You know what wil be next, a loot box season pass that will allow you to buy in game loot boxes with real money, that might reward you with access to the games actual season pass, which you already paid for by buying the super deluxe hyper free pants edition.....and people will still pre-order it. lol

4. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    To make matters even worse, EA bought Respawn which makes my favorite shooter after the death of the Battlefield series (as far as I'm concerned it died with BF1): Titanfall 2. Titanfall and Titanfall 2 are the only shooters I ever liked on console and they're even better on PC. They both have the right mix of fun and re-playability. I expect EA will turn the Titanfall series into the garbage that Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront have become.

5. Marringu

Marringu Member

GPU:
    Asus 1070 OC
    My most recent EA games have been Star Wars Battlefront, BF1 and ME:A. Battlefront never caught my interest. I played BF1 with a group of friends, but we lost interest before the first DLC and uninstalled the game. I’ve been a huge Mass Effect fan, but Andromeda had lost all that was great about the ME universe. It felt rushed, buggy and superficial characters. So in the end I just rush-completed it an uninstalled all Origin games and Origin itself.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This is why cash shops in game are bad idea and perfect example of how it can go wrong. after seeing how EA treats Swtor which it treats it as cashshop above all other things. I saw this happen to other starwars games. not that this only happen to starwars games.

7. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Everyone needs to point their justified anger towards Corporate Commander.. Get him fired and all will be well.. :)

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Well I put a million quarters in Pac-Man back in the day....Simple...>If its not fun/ Don't do it!

Now where's my favorite strippers phone number?....Grrrr....shes only $70...

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not surprised by any of this considering EA was voted the worst company multiple times.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. screenager

screenager Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290

11. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not that i'm a big believer in excessive regulation, but from what i have read loot boxes seem very much to be a gamble so should be classified as such.

Reminds me of Lottery Scratchcards.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Loot boxes are designed with psychologists on their staff to abuse those susceptible to gambling problems. They should be classified as gambling by any civilized society.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    And rated for containing gambling on the video games case cover + disc / card or digital version online store that it is being sold at.... I mean there are rating classifications for Violence, Sexual Content, Drug Use.. and many other things....... there should be a rating for Containing Gambling.

15. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This will be easily overlooked and misunderstood with "in-game" gambling. The drugs, sexual, violence content stays in game. Micro-transactions we talking here are "outside" of the game. It's totally different problem.

Showing percent of item drop is already enforced in Japan and other Asian countries. This should be international standard.

16. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    You have to be 18 to but scratch cards in aud. You should have to be 18 and able to verify it, in order to buy microtransaction loot boxes. That would kill off a huge chunk of their sales.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's only 16 here in the UK, but it would make more sense to just apply 18 as that is more likely the average worldwide.

I would be really surprised if this can continue in games without being classified in gambling, hoping there isn't some loophole that we haven't yet considered.

18. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "the game developer said on Twitter that he has received seven death threats."

Although I do not support and encourage any kind of terrorism, I must say that I deeply sympathize with the guys who are revolted with such disgusting policies, practiced by greedy companies like this one. I would personally like to meet some guys (developers/owners) from Warthunder and/or Wargaming, for example, to give them a lecture or two in kick boxing, free of charge...

19. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I do agree that lootboxes essentially are gaming, which is okay, as long as you don't have to pay with real money and still be able to properly keep to F2P gaming. Only that it's hardly possible in most cases I believe.

It's just that we probably can't do anything besides not buying such games / loot boxes with real currency.