Star Wars Battlefront/EA Access

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by BangTail, Nov 12, 2015.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Just a little heads up for Xbone users, if you are an EA access subscriber, you can start playing SWBF as of Midnight tonight (your time zone).

I believe you get 10 hours of play (before launch).

Enjoy :D

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Anyone with an Xbox One thinking of buying this game needs to do themselves a favor, spend the $5 bucks for a month of EA Access and play it for the 10 hours first. Odds are good you won't even play through the entire 10 hours as boredom will strike fast.

To be blunt, the game is boring. It's not bad, it's not amazing, it's just plain and boring. It looks great, but...it's like trying to have a conversation with a beautiful blonde that is dumber than a box of rocks. Looks great but nothing of substance.

Seriously. Xbox owners, pay the $5 dollar one time ea access before you waste more on this. PC gamers...do what PC gamers do when they can't demo a game ;) And PS4 owners ...well...redbox that sh*t first.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I'll be buying it as I enjoyed the beta immensely. Plus I am a massive Star Wars fan. Walker Assault is all I need.

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can't help but agree, it really doesn't have any lasting appeal whatsoever.

When you first turn it on, you're like 'WHOA' due to the visuals and the audio, but that's really all there is.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yeah, absolutely. If you enjoyed the beta and if you're a huge Star Wars fan, then it's a no brainer. But for the gamers that are looking for a more in-depth experience who aren't big on Star Wars, it's pretty shallow. Not to take away from your enjoyment, glad you're liking it!

That sums up my experience, I had to check out the forest levels because of the old e3 footage, I was very impressed, especially for it being on the xb1 and then when I actually stopped running around and staring at plant textures from 8 inches away and gave the game a try...whooo...very disappointed.

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

for me it was when the ATAT fell truly awesome oh and killing the man in the black Mask with Asthma

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Love the simplicity of the game and dice have truly captured the essence of sw breath of fresh air

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    So, hit it and quit?

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm still on the fence about it.

I really don't like the token system at all, it's always the same people running up scores because they spend their time looking for the tokens instead of playing. I've heard the arguments for and against and I'd rather they had retained the BF method tbh.

Not that SP is a huge component of the game but it is an area where the token system is f**king infuriating. There is a mode called 'Battles' where you have to kill waves of enemies but killing them is not enough, you have to pick up their tokens as well.

This means that you have to drop cover and run right out into the line of fire to get the tokens (you can't wait until you have killed the whole wave because the tokens disappear ridiculously fast). I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea ... but it isn't.

It's not an awful game, I've definitely had some good experiences while playing it, but there are some really questionable design elements at play.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015