Star Wars Battlefront Beta Graphics card VGA performance benchmark review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    so i should be good then :)

thanks guys

2. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s not the highest quality out there but one can easily tell it´s native 1080p just by looking at stuff like edges when scorpion first appears, you can see antialiasing is there, shadows are there, ssao is there, dof is there, high textures are there, and 60fps are there... you are just being obtuse. I mean seriously, what´s next?, am I recording at 30fps and then accelerating video rendering to 60fps ala nvidia physx arkham knight style?.

And you think some ultra setting there justifies needing triple 660 power to get good frame rates with 99% same visuals.

It seems like saying something against this game is gonna be like criticizing witcher or Batman franchises, furious fanboys are gonna take it personal and get all aggressive.

It´s all relative to what you are trying to display at 1080p, for 1080p 60fps console games the 660 is plenty.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    I just don't get it.. All the beauty of this game and they only go half way with it.. It looks to be another multi-player only half done game. Yeah, it looks great but I can't believe they would not include a single player adventure to play through considering It's the continuation of a movie legend.

While it certainly looks great, being multi only really takes away from us being able to really enjoy exploring the realm they created for it. Well, at least it looks to be well done in it's half baked form..

4. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    They are kinda "feeling" the market before risking more money... it really is a far cry from the battlefront games.

5. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I agree totally.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ?, it does have a single player

[​IMG]

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    My GTX 660ti seems to be running this game just fine.
    1080p with ALL settings at Ultra, and its totally playable!

8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Reminds me of another member who used to be obsessed with his 460.

I'm not surprised that this game looks to run well, Frostbite is a solid engine.

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Sure, but then you'd have to sign up again and then EA would have to let you...;) I'm a member of forums where my ip address is always displayed--to me, only, of course--it's their charming way of letting me know that they know where I'm coming from. Yes, it's not foolproof--but if you wanted to I guess you could also spoof the OS into identifying the wrong GPU to the game, too, couldn't you?...;) But why go through all of that...? As this is a beta I should think EA would want as much data on how it runs on varying GPUs as they could get. And as far as "you can come back in 24 hours," goes--even if you use a tomato for a GPU--we don't care--just how effective is *that* tactic at thwarting "illicit" spread of their beta?

If they don't do IP address, then how about motherboard info, just like Microsoft uses for Win10...? The "You can use up to four gpus in sequence with the beta--but then--you have to wait 24 hours before you can do it again" really makes no sense whatever to me...;)

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Is anybody noticing troubles finding a server slot? Game's not finding servers, especially not if you want to play with a friend inside your party.

11. Why no memory usage on Radeon cards?

12. labidas

labidas Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    And this sentence says it all. Pointless arguing with you. Like beating a dead horse. Good job!

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Vram usage is roughly the same on both sides, except Fury cards and HBM.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    When GuildWars came with personal story, one could call it single player aspect in mmorpg.
    I think this will be very similar. Since all content with exception of voice acting is already there, it should not be that much extra work to make instanced story driven episodes.

16. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Why the heck doesn't Origin let me start the freaking game without updating my 347.90 drivers to 355.6 or newer?!

I just downgraded to Windows 8.1 in order to get back on 347.90 because all the newer ones are **** on my system. And now I'm forced to upgrade for some akward reason?

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Makes it easier for the developers I guess.

18. Lebowski

Lebowski Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    Great article, boring game.

Why did they not include a campaign mode with some semblance of a story?

This is just battlefield with a Star Wars makeover.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's not going to happen as long as physx is their selling point. You're paying a premium for a reason.

20. My bad, that's what i was interested in (HBM memory usage), i guess tehre are no tools availalbe to measure it.