Star Trek Picard

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Clawedge, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570

Edit: trailer

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fully expecting him to come out as a transgender person ( or probably a trans-species person ) and taking command of the USS Rainbow Warrior or some crap like that.

warlord, Cronik, Mat and 1 other person like this.
  3. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    @Repo Man

This offends me as a vegan transgender hipster Native-Arabic-Indo-Chinese hybrid alien agnostic-atheist African engineer who vapes fairtrade organic decaffeinated compressed and hydrated extra-protein soy breast milk on the regular and does Hindi Kama Sutra naked crossfit yoga 5 times per week. I'm also a nonbinary trigender genderqueer female feminist and identify myself as a pastafarian pansexual genderfluid Apache helicopter dog of mega multi alpha beta gamma delta omega combo god of hyper death who's in a polygamous polyamorous relationship to the chihuahua which helped me cross the border of Mexico because it hates Donald Trump. My dog also walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an ignorant arrogant homophobic gender-assuming globaphobic bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender pansexual bestial sexist racist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased objectified raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist heterosexual

Darkest, 386SX, Netherwind and 5 others like this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, I hope they do it well. The problem is, only Stewart won't make the series good, greaty depends on the script and who produces that new show.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Too late, they completely ****** up the Klingons :(

Darkest and Keitosha like this.
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Different channel, different klingons :p

Grimbarian likes this.
  7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    OMG, imagine Worf being like that. :(

Grimbarian likes this.
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Hopefully this isn't just some bit piece cameo in discovery

Grimbarian likes this.
  9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I read there's talk Michael Dorn is interested in reprising Worf but surely not with the abomination of the Discovery Klingons.

It's been said it'll be a whole series about him.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Keitosha and scatman839 like this.
  10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Fantastic news!

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    http://www.tv.com/news/patrick-stew...-new-cbs-all-access-series-15334178110020996/

12. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Hopefully this is the Tarantino project.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Tell me there is a single one of you that does NOT read this with his voice in your head

“It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over. During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason — to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2
    As a big fan of Star Trek and Patrick Stewart I will have to keep an eye on how this develops.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    This, my favorite enterprise captain.

386SX and fantaskarsef like this.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Double nope

Nope I hope it isn't sorry a Tarantino ST was and is a bad idea, he's great at what he does it's just I can't see how his style of film making will translate to big screen special effects driven sci-fi.

and

Nope it isn't the Tarantino ST, that's meant to be a stand alone movie set in god knows what universe of ST, now that we have what works out to be 3, The Prime Universe (Everything from ST right through to the last next gen movie) the Abrams universe (the last three movies) and for now the universe that Discovery seems to be setting up.

As for this fantastic news all I can say is

'Make it so'

17. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I was way too young to watch the Next Generation series when it was current, but I have watched it all over the years. The first season was agony. WAY too "touchy-feely." With regard to the Repo Man and Clawedge comments, does anyone else recall that, early on, the Star Fleet dress uniform for male officers was indeed a dress? (Or, at the very least, included a skirt?) It wasn't until the very last episode of Season 1, that the show finally displayed any sort of testosterone. It was like a freakin' Human Resources exposition up to that point.

I admit it, I want unmitigated violence in any Star Trek series. Savage, prolonged ship-to-ship combat. 900x10^15-megajoule phasers. (That's a lot of zeroes, by the way.) Maximum-yield, minimum-spread photon-torpedo salvos. Save the character drama and imbedded social commentary, please. Now, I very much get that BSG isn't Star Trek, but, Star Trek could take a few lessons:

Combat should be depicted as being a little bit more than the bridge crew collectively leaning the same way in their seats simulating an impact, some sparks and magic-smoke erupting from a instrument panel, and someone announcing that shield-strength is down to 30%. I'm not interested in watching a science-fiction chick-flick; I want something a lot more visceral.

user1, fantaskarsef and Mat like this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I hope not, i don't want him near anything Trek related after seeing his views on 13 year old girls and his old pal Polaski, keep him a way from my Trek at all costs.

Anyway i will give this a go, and i have to admit the second season of Discovery might actually be good, moreso that they have brought the charactor of Pike into the show.

Mat likes this.
  19. Mat

Mat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    I was just about to say something similar! lmfao :D

20. Mat

Mat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Yeah, people need to die in Star Trek!, not the sheild's are at 30 dam %!! I want see ships exploding!, people being hurled out into space and popping! a bit more gore and it being a lot darker! (OK the popping bit is a bit much lol) :D Edit: popping isn't the right word, ripped apart in the vaccum of space! lol