Star Trek Online (Demo/Trial)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, May 9, 2010.

1. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Lifetime is only for those who really want to get into STO because they truly enjoy the game and Star Trek immensly.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Same here, i am still enjoying the game, and with season two out this month and a whole host of feature coming in the next year the game is just going to get betetr and better.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Bought on steam and played till 4 oclock in the mornin. I love it. And this game can be better, hope they will do it.

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    I've been a trekkie since i was 8 years old, and this game is probably the worst example of a Star Trek game i've ever played.

Get told what to do, go there, kill things, mission accomplished.

Get told something different, go tehre again, kill things, mission accomplished.

Take away the officer's short explaination of the mission and you're essentially just repeating exactly the same missions over and over again non stop, only with different ships.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the story missions are cool, the expo missions are boring as hell, but you can get good loot doing them so i dont expect them to be great just if they were less buggy.

its an ok game but it is not great i mean you can lots of fun until you hit the end and you need a great flee that does the raids does pvp and has fun.

but next month it is lifting the cap and adding a new tier of ships so they should add more pve content especially for klingons.

game should keep the casual player busy for months, hardcore player depends how much you get into raids and pvp.

why i recommended against the lifetime sub. with guild wars 2 and especially star wars the old republic out in a year or so i mean there is no way a lifetime sub pays off unless you play for 2 years straight or something.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    cant believe iam having much time with this game. what a blast..firing phasers to enemy ships is priceless.. hope dev will enhance this game.

7. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Join a great fleet, and the game is even more fun! I used to play solo, but since joining my fleet in March, I will never play solo again. :)

8. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    After reading this thread I'm considering getting this. Could do with another MMO untill GW2 is released and I'm a fan of StarTrek so seems right up my street.

I'll download the demo later and see what I think of it.

Is joining a fleet like joining a guild or like joining a temporary group to do certain missions?

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    fleet is like a guild or corporation in other games. you can have 100s in a fleet, not sure what the cap is. but the community is much better overall in this game vs some other mmos most people seem generally friendly and fairly cool.

10. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    Thanks for the quick reply cerebus :)

I'm on the main site now looking at screens and stuff, liking so far. I read in this thread that the demo doesn't really do the game much justice but it should give me a general feel for the game.

My gut feeling tells me I will be picking this up at the weekend :)

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you welcome hope you have fun.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    add me as friend pls.
    Mr.Bigtime

even solo is FUNNY..i just hate that following a quest is hard..u dont see an ARROW on radar\map to follow..

i want:

Better awesome HIGH END PC STRESSING visuals.
    Bridge view in combats
    able to remove SHIELD UI while even not using whole UI. well u guys know when u ALT F12 ui off..but shield UI keeps displaying..i want it gone too..

anyway , yesterday i was trying to do very early quest STATION 24 save quest. i gone there and dies alone. 2 guys joined me. they were low lvl as i do and we dided again. then other 5 people joined to fight and totally raped enemy ships..phasers , torpedos etc..

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    for objective quests you can use your tricorder to scan for them. one change i suggested from beta, go me. but ti will pick up the nearest thing to you and point the way, can be a objective or it can be an scanny anolomony thing, whatever you happen to be closest to at the time.

shield ui has been a gripe since beta dunno why they never added a option to turn it off lots of people have requested it.

bridge combat will never happen its just to much a change to add the tactical displays and different stations you would need to have the info you need handy from bridge view. they had said they are going to add to the amount of stuff you can do on your ship, lest they were making claims to that in beta but dunno where that all is.

starbase 24 mission is pretty hard, i did it in beta and was way easy cause things did not respawn even at launch they did not now things on the stations respawn so fast if you do not kill and move quickly it is impossible, still managed to do it with the npc crew, but is very difficult now days.

think my in game handle goes something like cerebus@skywolf23 but not 100% sure i dont friend myself very often lol, i will have to look later tonight.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    If your a fan of Trek your in for a treat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB
    Nice screenshots. Wish it looked that good for me when I played the demo. Still want this game so bad though.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Im bored with elves, swords, magic. And this is cure. Hoping for devs do more for this.

17. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Choosing a misleading thread title is EPIC FAIL.....:biggun:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Can i still try it?

19. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    If your talking about those 3D shield rings around the ship then yes they can be disabled from the options menu.
    I think its even one of the options on the first page of it.

Season 2 is going to be a blast though.
    Federation is getting a lot more non-combat content such as first contact and diplomatic missions.
    They also made scanning more intersting by building in a small minigame into it.

They are also adding a few new costume options of the Orion species on the klingon side.
    [​IMG]

20. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    I can't find a Trial on the STO website, is it Buddy Key only?

Thinking of buying it but just wondered.