Star Trek Online (Demo/Trial)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, May 9, 2010.

1. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Well it all depends, it may or may not be worth it.
    Its difficult to tell since its different for different people.

I myself am a lifetime subscriber and have been playing all since the closed Beta and i still enjoy it immensly!
    (Pssst if anyone is seriousy considering buying STO, could i send a "referral key"? I'm trying to earn some of the recruitment bonuses(requires an e-mail for me to send to), Just PM me if its ok :))

2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm sure they had more than just vaporware, considering they were developing it for over 4 years before Perpetual went bankrupt :)

3. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Nope, it was very much Vaporware, in all those 4 years they produced nothing else than concept art, a couple of models and a few renders.
    But absolutely zero actual game content existed.

4. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    New MMOs always have drawbacks or limited content when launched. As I stated earlier, there is more and more content being added all the time. The newest missions are very fun, and very challenging. Each one usually takes a couple of hours to complete, and its a lot of fun.

There are already 2 more to be released in the next couple of weeks, and if they are as good as the last 2 missions, I will be very happy.

5. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    I got rid of STO after 15mins of it. The Age of Conan trial is actually better but man the client is so damn huge.

And to the person who said I'm doing some kind of advertisement for the game Vindictus. No I'm not. I don't work for Nexon, lol. I'm just a regular dude who likes to play games. I just thought this game looked pretty cool for a f2p MMO. Especially graphically. f2p MMOs have come a long way to looking so much better these days. The graphics from this game looks like something you would expect from a retail game.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i played and finished demo yesterday..i mean it womt let me progress further...i liked the game...but paying 14 dollars each month? damn..why not 9? why 14? damn dman damn -_-

i really enjoyed with the demo..what i was looking for a while...and its 16 dolalrs now on steam :\ stucked between STO and GLOBAL AGENDA..yeah both differnet games and GA has no monthly fee..

7. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    star trek online isnt worth it. its a very very bad game that doesnt deserve the the name star trek

"set phasers to murder"

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    still one sentence about sto and how it sucks and then oh btw this other game and big arse screenshots.

sto is alright they need more content for max levels, fleet actions, better exploration would go a long way to improving the game, since you end up doing them constantly for gear etc. level cap is getting raised the next month or two and a new tier of ships is being added, which i will assume will be ugly as hell, since most of their custom ships are pretty fugly to begin with.

9. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I would say that the big difference maker for STO is whether or not you have a good fleet (guild) to team with. I play nearly every night since launch, and I still have a lot of fun. However, I can see where playing solo would get boring for most people.

The latest end game missions are very fun, and very challenging. Though the best part to me is still the PvP once you get to high or max level. Again, this depends on whether you are playing solo, or with a good team.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Im sad i missed the deal :(. If there is a place to buy it at around 16 pls let me know. I need just cd key or digital version.

And playing as alone isnt bad. Imo.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dunno i would be wary of any sites with the word gold in there title, the launch was a mess with gold farmers and spammers. nevermind that site looks suspiciously "official" .

i would check out the official sto website and see if the forums have anything about gtc and key sellers. they should have a list of official ones. like eve online does.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmmm.so i better buy steam version and pay 49 $ ? gamestop cant be a fraud hu? its 29 dollars there :(

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well gamestop is as official as you can get, but many people hate them, but yea you should be safe there. i think i only bought etw from gamestop via online and they shipped it fast and the delivery was super fast think they had a deal on shipping which is why i went with them.

usually i buy off steam, newegg, ocassionally amazon and one game off EA crysis digitally (never again) and me2 boxed.

15. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Well i'm a lifetime subscriber and so far i'm still having a blast after 5 months.
    It is most enjoyable and one of the better Star Trek games released, that is IMO.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Gamestop has digital download version. I want it bad. Lifetime maybe.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well i would not go lifetime since guild wars 2 and star wars the old republic are coming out within a year or so, lest for me one or both of them are going to have me hooked for a good long time. so i do not see me playing sto long enough to justify a lifetime sub, nevermind all the games going f2p these days. granted cryptic has been very resistent in going that route opting for the buy the game, pay a sub, plus the cash store thing.

tho lest their c store is mostly cosmetic stuff you do not really need. tho some if it is rather useful like the cs tribble, and the borg bridge officer with efficiency, tho with some luck you can get a saurian efficiency officer as you level up via officers offered to you, but to buy an efficiency officer in game costs stupid amounts of credits, people really gouge people on anything you have to buy on the auction house. for reference efficiency is a rare space trait gives +5 energy to all your subsystems in space, non stacking tho. so lest you only need one, back when the game came out each gave +1 and you needed a full crew of them to get +5.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmm true GW2 will come

then normal subscription then..thanx for warnings..sometimes i loose my mind 0_o

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    np thought i would remind people of that :) hope you like the game its decently fun.

20. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    I've been playing since the open beta as well. I'll admit it's not for everyone but I still play everyday as well. I have 3 RA5's, 1 BG5 and a Captain 6 right now. I would like to see more Klink content and Season 2 is supposed to add some.