Star Trek Bridge Crew

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Much is all that VR stuff going to cost you to play this, can i pay in space bucks. lol

3. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    I thought there was already something similar to this, in non-VR form? It sounds absolutely fantastic from a distance, but honestly, I don't think I even have three Star Trek geek friends who are willing and able to buy a VR headset and play this. Not until a few years away, at least.

Still, awesome that they're making this now!

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea one need 4 5 trek heads, two need 4 5 vibes, rifts etc.

Why not just make a new bridge commander?

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    VR? Ubicrap? Could have been great, but I'll skip this 100%.

6. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Lol people, you aren't expected to have 4-5 VR headsets / gaming PCs in one room, this is an online game.

the graphics aren't great and the station controls look pretty basic, its a licenced game so it probably has pretty shallow gameplay, but damn 13 year old me is insisting i buy a rift to give this a go

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea but a bridge commander successor with vr support and hd gfx would have been what many trek gamers have wanted for years.

8. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Unmodded bridge commander is nearly 15 years old at this point, you would need to completely remake it. I loved BC but it's a very old game mechanically, Plus it is based in the prime universe. STO will be our only prime-verse option because of who owns what rights a the moment.

It makes sense to make a new game built around VR and base it in the JJ-verse
    because that is what's current and will sell more. It will boost early VR sales too if its good as what self-respecting geek with a high end VR gear doesn't like trek? (including myself in that bracket)

This is still very like BC, you are on a freaking bridge giving/taking orders but this time as a team in VR! sounds good to me.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well i would say duh but yea they would have to remake it :p. Write a new story, probably set it in the new universe etc. Would not want a straight up remake of the og bc.

Heavily modded bridge commander still looks pretty damn good also.

10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
  12. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I don't know if I can use a VR headset because one eye is almost blind and I need eyeglasses.

13. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    The game is fun. Love the team playing. I hope more content is added at a later date. And be great if it was modable as well.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Does this game require the vr controllers, or can you use the headtracking and a normal controller.......i picked up a Oculus DK2 from ebay for 100 quid delivered a few days ago, thought at that price i don't mind take a pop at this vr, see what it is all about.

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It uses head tracking and I believe you can use a controller, it asks you whether you want to use a standard controller or the vr controllers at start up.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Oh that is good news, the DK2 has head tracking, but does not support the motion controllers, looks like i will be going where other paids somewhat more to go. lol

Engage.