Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the games actually doing well, more content and performance then ever, and more key systems coming online this year, if they do not get pushed back, sanity prevailing they supposed to be back in studio vs work at home which has buggered things up this past year, in a game where development is already glacially slow from the outside.

still they got a few respectable updates out this year, icache, is somewhat implemented, we getting personal hangers next update, got xeno threat and the new junk town area quanta ai systems coming online.

this year should be positive, maybe s42 drops.

but for me my setup needs all redone i been into other things including doing as bunch of me stuff and playing other things in general other than this.

but the games doing fine ty.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Vulkan API, Mesh Shaders, more graphics options incoming

BlindBison, cerebus23 and Repo Man like this.
  3. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk isn't this expected out of this game by now? It's basically like what they've been doing the entire time.

In other news Stanton Cup is may 29th -

Going to be pretty cool now that all the dsync stuff is fixed and performance is way up in 3.17. Plus the river race should be really interesting.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    cerebus23 and Coolerking like this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    vision modes and oh landing drones/cameras so you can fing SEE. the most requested stuff for forever they finally getting round to ;p.

7. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So I am trying the free week long event.Download 80GB ,instal and I excited to play,thinking this time it has to work good.
    Seems like the same old same old.People playing the game should not be the the problem,check out the chat if interested.

I know it is my crap computer.I also tried all resolution and settings,not good at all.
    ♦ CPU - Intel 12900k With Enermax LIQMAX III 360 ARGB
    ♦ GPU - Nvidia RTX 3080
    ♦ RAM - G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 4000Mhz Dual Rank
    ♦ Mobo - MSI Pro z60-A (BIOS 7D25v10)
    ♦ SSD - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
    ♦ DSP - LG B9 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED G-Sync Over HDMI
    ♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W ♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

Untitledwww.jpg

Did quick video

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Orison is probably the most performance demanding city in the game atm + the event is there, so the entire server is congregating in that area which kills framerate pretty bad. If you spawn in New Babbage, for example, you'll get closer to 60-70fps and with your machine 100+ in space.

cerebus23 and BlindBison like this.
  9. BlindBison

BlindBison Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I know this game's been in development for a looooooong time and all and there's a lot of what I expect is fair criticism directed towards the game, but hot damn does it look incredible. Some of the demos they've showed and the underlying technology for the game really blow me away.

Even if it is just a really cool tech demo I can appreciate it for that.

10. BlindBison

BlindBison Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I am stunned with those stunner specs the game is running so poorly. It makes me wonder if some bug happened (I've experienced that sort of thing in a few games over the years where something went wrong and the game runs like a slideshow -- then rebooting or reinstalling resolves it for whatever reason).

If that truly is just how it runs though with those specs sheesh. I've seen other videos online with more modest specs where the game appears to be running far better so I wonder what exactly is up.

11. BlindBison

BlindBison Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I imagine for a CPU heavy game like SC a good low level API implementation/proper multithreading would help tremendously.

Undying and cerebus23 like this.
  12. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It is always the same every time there is a free weekend over the years,I just uninstalled,it is not good.Too many fun games out there but I did another video down to 1080p on low quailty setting

Aug 2018 screen shot- GPU 1080Ti CPU 2600X big old 18FPS
    Star-Citizen-2018-08-25-19-09-26-463.jpg

BlindBison likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i was on last night a bit logging on it was a slideshow, but it stabilized after a bit.

and its alpha and its an event, and object streaming server meshing and all the dx backend stuff is not done or wip.

so yea the new zone is a bit of a nightmare and it was always running behind with the could tech and etc it has to render.

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Disable your E-cores. Many games don't like them, but SC especially will run like crap if they're on.

Set graphics to 'High' in game, clouds to 'Medium' or off.

Orison is the most demanding zone in the game.

Free-fly is on, 50k new accounts have been made in 3 days so far, server performance is tanking and this will impact client performance.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What happens if you attack a space station or a play docked?

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You can't really attack stations themselves (the stations don't physically take damage yet) but if you kill npcs on them or players docked/around you get crimestat. Station itself will fire on you, players get bounty missions to capture/kill you, eventually military ships show up, in some cases capital ships (I think this only triggers if it's multiple aggressors).

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Horrid performance bottlenecks everywhere. Honestly why is the game still running dx11 is beyond me

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Moving to vulkan after the gen12 renderer is finished. Large parts of it have been added in the game over the last couple patches so probably in another year or so for vulkan.

That being said the graphics performance doesn't really seem to be related to the main render thread. In unpopulated servers I see 60-80 fps in cities and far more in space. So the only thing gen12 and vulkan will do is allow them to up the graphics quality, it's not going to improve the low fps most people get when the server is busy. Need newer servers/updated netcode/meshing/etc for that I think but who knows. I'm not convinced meshing magically fixes this. I guess with pyro coming online at the end of the year/q1 23' It will likely causing people to spread out over multiple systems, it should reduce instances of congregation and improve scenarios like this.

Also to be fair orison (the gas giant city where all these videos are being filmed) it's definitely the most demanding planet and because the huge event is occuring there basically everyone on the server is in that city. It's probably a bad first experience for new players. Going to another city/space and doing missions on planets during the free trial period might give you a better indication of typical performance vs free flight weekend.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    They been talking about vulkan for a year now and its still a year away, eh.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    A year? They've been talking about it for like 5 years lol but they've always said that gen12 is a precursor to it. So it's not surprising that it's not here yet as they are only getting gen12 systems online with the last two patches or so.

I just don't think it's much of a priority for them, it's not limiting the performance for most people in most cases.

Undying likes this.