Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    "Shut up and get in the constellation"

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I didnt play it since 3.5. Waiting for S42 until then i can watch some @XenthorX streams. :p

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    3.1 was the last time iogged in to test fps with the new network stuff and my 1060.

played last in 3.0 where i played a ton until the stability and etc was so bad i was broke and the ctds were just more frustration. ;p

spent that 3.0 update doing volunteer tech support on spectrum since it took me 3 days of troubleshooting my own game to get it working.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    latest addition to star citizen ships:

KissSh0t, cerebus23 and Undying like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I gotta say, even though some of you are not onboard with the development of this game, you've been better about discussing it then some forums where certain users post completely false statements about it and the moderators are complicit in silencing anyone who argues against the nonsense posted.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I guess Derek spends most of his time on other forums *shrugs*

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This one isn't Derek, but hes definitely brownnosing him.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea go on any official game fourms and start calling people or or flame baiting and alot of the attacks on SC are FLAME bait lets be real, any evidence is thin at best and there such wild leaps and outright slander its staggering the media and some of the hangers onto that today.

i got banned off the atari forums for LIFE for calling out a piece of S mod that was passing off fake information as insider info and demonstrated a clear bias against pc gamers, and i had posts quotes many people backing me up lifetimes ban. i went my way bigger thing in life than some out of control moderator on a forum i did not really need.

but your really shocked people post flame bait garbage on their fourms are banned? or MAYBE your taking about some random game forums doing this?

you need to get around more seriously you never racked up forum ban just start attacking a site or the people who work there or the PROJECT they working on gg on logic.

i will grant it does to some legit issues being swept aside rather fast :p but nothing so egregious i would be selling my account on ebay for 1400 1500 dollars.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    im talking about claims like "the game has been through 3 engine changes" or "Robert keeps adding more scope to the game it'll never come out" type stuff, and its a particular high profile Tech review and support forum im referring to...... (not dropping names though).

The community voted on going ahead with the scope changes as the funding scaled up, if some people weren't actually involving themselves in the community side of the project then eh thats their problem.

Using ship pledges to keep money coming in is a good idea to keep the funding coming, and the scale of this universe would only be betrayed if there wasn't enough different ships to fill it with.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well and the ship artist have jack all with the coding sides of the game and getting VERY efficient at their jobs. so the only think not having them make ship to sell and fund the game for more they would be doing other art stuff stuff they probably got other modelers and artists working on.

the only drama is will they hold cutting off ship sales and relying on account stuff and currency sales, gods if they go the way of 2k ;p, but yea they need ship varity for a lived in universe and some of these ship designs are 100s of years old in the lore like the penguine and the hornet/gladius

commercial and alien ships are the big ones need more fleshed out does not really make sense alien to have one scout/fighter one trade/capitol especially not when they supposed to be very ancient lore wise.

so they counting cryengine lumberyard as entirely different engines and equating it to the system shock remake where they scrapped everything 3 4 times redid everything go too far off the og game scrapped everything again then changed to unreal 4? i cant even keep track, that ones pretty funny the jump between those builds was minor but i can see them spinning it like the smear merchants they are.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lol, the engine hasn't changed once, i don't count LY an engine change, just a name change xD

12. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Most naysayers don't even realize all the pledged money has already been spent...the project has been burning through ~$45-50M annually for years now. It may be nice for someone to see the little counter, but the funding that's currently keeping up development came from Clive Calder last year, when he bought a 10% stake at slightly under $50M, which should be enough for the project to make it up to Q3 2020 (so JUNE) and maybe longer if the pledgers also keep throwing money at the project (currently $238M, so $100/pledger). Getting at least the notion of a S42 campaign finishing completion out there as soon as possible is probably a good idea.

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I think he might have a Javelin.

CIG release their financial statements just like any other company.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    CR talked about that guy investing and said EXACTLY what the money infusion was for. he did a video on it and everything.

but you got the real scoop CR was lying and the game in horrible horrible straights and is going to cave any minute now.

and heat death of the universe just began somewhere you should kiss your well everything goodbye.

some collapses are real others are idiots making wild claims. you ought to research them yourself.

Astyanax likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think both games are going to be just fine,

This isn't the development hell of DNR where we saw practically nothing, we have playable interactive alphas that are expanding each dot point update.

cerebus23 likes this.

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    If I buy this game is it just a glorified space station simulator still? I mean it looks pretty, and Im sure I could make some pretty videos of the fans on my 2080 Ti buzzing, but is there any fun to be had beyond that 15 minutes of 'oooo' ?

Is it still buggy trash?

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    it alpha so it buggy trash if your looking for a game go elsewhere.

that said it is starting to shape up up into a game with a few planets hub areas and worlds, bunch of moons, caves just added and more to come. but are testing and donating money to play early and provide feedback.

and the holiday sale and etc are coming up so there will be free fly events you can dl login and play or not play the game for free. and you can decide for yourself if the fun to be had is worth the frustration to test. and they have specials on starter ships and i think there is LTI token ship up this year even so woo. and the anniversary sale is 6 year insurance so the way insurance works in game that is in essence lifetime insurance.

also squadron 42 the single player game is likely due out next year so there is that if you wait.

and you can check bored gamer and channels like that to see what is going on development wise.

and it also depends what you want to do in game trading is well along combat is well along minining is well along, other professions are yet to added or iterated on.

but persistance is coming in 3.8 3.9 and thats huge and group missioning is huge also prior grouping was for lulz and little else now you can share missions.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Very buggy XD

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea i know bored mentioned the current build was crash prone and he was not having fun and his tolerance is epic since it makes him money lol. that was a few days ago i assume they got that issue worked out.

when they get these releases patched up they will be pretty solid in the end but this update just went live and yea teething issues :p. and they might let some crashes and bugs roll along because its just wasted time/work to fix them if they part of something to be replaced later.

why its alpha.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    June 2020 for SQ42. Is any part of the game out of Alpha yet? I've backed a few early access games over the years and I can't remember any of them going from Alpha through their Beta releases and going full release in a time frame of less than a year.