1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I have nothing to compare it against, but it did seem like a good deal. At one point we were getting paid based on profits from console sales.

I think alot of gamers see it as blackmail, support us financially or risk the game not being made or being picked up by a big publisher and watered down.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh it is a way to end around publishers, but we currently in the hey lets shill for corporations generation, so any attempt to do that is going to draw the extreme haters.

And every and any implosion gives them more ammo, but oddly the bigger implosions are not really cited more. Because there have been funding disasters.

Star citizen is hands down the biggest project i think though in this field, a single player series of games plus the live universe mmo lite. There is ton that can go wrong wo the peanut gallery wishing for it weekly. If they pull it off wo issue though? well that just proves it can be done and gives the hey lets chuck the publishers out the window side more ammo.

But we see with the bioware/ea dynamic it is debatable how much of biowares woes are down to EA meddling that were not DLC and pricing related. it was bioware seeming being 100% dysfunctional as a company that could not make a game to save its life. Ea pricing models do not help but they were not the reason that Andromeda and anthem failed that was all bioware.

Yea there are no hard and fast rules in this stuff about where to put your trust or your money. Its very much a case by case basis.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    You didn't read the associated Forbes article, did you?

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so now forbes is a gossip rag?

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I am yet to read anything that is incorrect in that article, and, I am yet to read anything by other forums members here that disavows it/them/him in any way.

There have not been any rebuttals anywhere - and if there are, please let me know and I will read them with both eyes open.

Nothing is above criticism.

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Now? Heh.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Forbes has been a trash rag for a while,

and pay no attention to Loobyluggs, he drops links like that and a comment appearing to be neutral to the situation but its pure virtue signalling

theres some sort of narcissism involved when a person needs to make something that they have no personal investment in as some sort of problem for them.

The forbes article is just the annual yearly (s)hitpiece that CIG gets.

HandR, SerotoNiN and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Really girlfriend?

Telling other people how they should treat another forum member?

I would like to think that, forum members are able to debate without needing a 'safe space' where they do not see or hear of people to oppose their perspectives, but w/e, just block me so I don't melt your snow-flaked POV.

good grief...

Even the website owner linked it...and I doubt you would ever tell people to 'ignore' HH, but if you are, please let me know in advance so I can buy some popcorn.

To think, I even stated 'nothing is above criticism' but no, you cannot hear that can you?

btw, I have never blocked anyone on any forum ever, I would rather confront their points one by one - perhaps that is just rose-tinted thinking?

Stay on topic, and turn off your adblocking software, like I do.