1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    and exactly how much money upfront did that studio ask the players to give them.... oh yeah nothing!

2. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Quite a few I imagine.

My father was one of them passing away a year or so back, he wanted to get a new flight sim and I had suggested one plus a Star Citizen 325a game package so we could play together. It being similar to some plane designs, he was quite enthusiastic buying a HOTAS setup for it too.

I still need to bring myself to get access to his account so I can later run it as my Wingman / NPC crew in his memory...

akbaar, spajdrik, Undying and 3 others like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    We see if i make it to release.

But on a brighter note, lest for me, 3.5 supposedly going to evocati soon, and that has me excited.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Looking back, adding the word up coming in the thread title probably wasn't the best decision. o_O

TheDeeGee likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lest the single player next year by the roadmap and guestimates when it might hit beta.

i still more excited to see this new flight model then the idea of the single player atm.

but yes the game is soon TM.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    Just want my SQ42 and they can play in their "sandbox" for another decade for all I care...

drandiiski likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    2020 beta by the roadmap. Hope that is the pessimistic conservative estimate and maybe but its their roadmap.

so xmas 2020 maybe? good quarter to shoot for a release.

and then we what 2 3 chapters of s42 to see the end? LOL so yea 10 15 years to see the whole story :p.

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    Yeah Yeah. I know...I backed it way back before it went bat crap crazy and went well off the original design plans so I continue to suffer and wait until the get a cohesive enough edition I can finally get my story I paid for...

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea as long as chapter one is a good to very good even great game and has some good variety in missions and length i will be happy as hell with chapter one.

Lest we know that we will have good variety in combat in the sqaud chapters. Hope they get that AI good by then.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    "Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Ongoing PC Space Sim."

BlackZero likes this.
  12. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    :D

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Streamed 3.5 yesterday, if people wanna check what Star Citizen is about nowadays. Rather extensive 4H stream, in gorgeous 4K :eek:

akbaar, Darkest, Undying and 2 others like this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Looks mind dumbling boring tbh. Graphics also don't look that great and pretty out dated apart from texture resolution. Shadows look the weakest by far. And why does it look like your character is running in slo mo? Is this maxed out? The frame rate looks quite bad in some areas and I see you only recorded in 48fps, why is that?

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The game is completely dynamically lit, we're not talking baked static lightning here, every planet rotates, everything has to work at every time of the day.
    Several planets, fully explorable, it's not a simple 5km square battlefield map with static lightning.

Not sure what's outdated here man... Characters are insanely detailed, as well as ships and environments, they have some of the best talent working in the industry.
    The lead character artist of CIG for instance ( company making star citizen) is the guy behind all the most iconic character of the Marvel movies, he made the IronMan armor suits for the movies, created Ultron, Groot for Guardian, created Star Lord helmet...
    https://www.artstation.com/droidsforsale

And they're using the same performance capture system as the one used for Planet of the Apes, Marvel studio etc.. The Imaginarium from Andy Serkis...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    If you're a minimum interested in flying sims, there's already quite a bit of fun to have:

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    This news was sent to me, it's a few days old, but couldn't see any talk about this elsewhere.

Probably a non-issue journalist trying to get headlines, but maybe not:

Link

If that is true - then, well, why did CR not use that money to develop the minimal viable product before asking 'the internet' for crowdfunding?

Does anyone know how many 3D Artists I could get on a 12 month contract for (nearly) $5 million? Or DirectX API experts? Or UX/UI designers? Or just C++ coders?

If it is not true, then he is spending crowd-sourced funds to buy himself a (nearly) $5million house.

In either case, evidence is really where his true focus is: personal gain.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    why do AAA publishers crowd fund? think both konami and capcom have attempted to crowd fund projects they just did not want to put $ into.

also i begs to reason that CR gets a salary via CIG, also stands to reason it is a hefty salary and his wife also works at CIG so she probably gets a hefty paycheck, and we have zero clue if he self funded or took out a loan or used backer funds, which i think their lawyer who handles those funds would say f off bad optics even if it is a legit business expense being cr works out of LA.

but OF COURSE HE ROBBED THE BACKERS TO BUY A 4 MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE!

how about getting some actual evidence of something before blowing up nonsense into a scandal.

gee why is noone talking about it? because it is LITERALLY NOTHING on its own.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Personal gain is everyone's true focus though.

I like the idea of crowd funding, it can obviously be exploited but if people want "high risk" games then it's the only way.

I've only done it the once (Project Cars) and I made a profit after the dividends were paid out, but not sure if that is the norm.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    pc cars sounds like it was an investment or they treated it as such. Most games see it as funding and not investment which would require a return on your money invested.

Legal wording means stuff in other words.

I do not know of any games that went that route. did not even know pc cars did.

But yea noone does anything wo a mind for profit else you will not be in business long.

And cr bought a house is not criminal or is it that unusual. Now if he is embellzing funds, funneling into offshore accounts, or snorting it all up his nose and you got proof of that THAT would be news.

But once again we got a warrior putting something out there just to troll oh look at this tisk tisk. petty much? a guy bought a expensive house good on him. overpriced house in that market no doubt that he should probably be more called out on, but cr went hollywood long ago, he wanted to be a movie guy at one point, make a few flops as i recall. until he pitched his star citizen idea.

people are trying too hard and that is why alot of this garbage is getting old. can we just stfu and wait for the game or not and you can say see we told you so loosers if your side pans out. until it tanks its not tanked, and cr has not absconded with all our money yet.

far as we know 2020 will be the single player game.