1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    @XenthorX Thanks for the video.Game looks good.I see there may be a problem still with the game stuttering but not important.
    I see you have lots of stuff with your character, since you seem to know more about the game than I, could you list packages that you have installed .

Can you also give a approximate cost or suggest packages for the game to buy. Not trying to get to personnel with the questions,but I would like to try this game for some reason but I am not sure I want to spend a couple hundred bucks for a beta of a game that I had bad experience with every time I play one of their demos/free weekends.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    looking great visual wise and performance seems to have come a long way too...

but man was that video boring as hell... nothing happened??

4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Looks like they sorted the 25fps out?

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    All you need is one of the starter package. The rest is irrelevant unless you wanna contribute even more to the funding of the project. The starter packages are at roughly 50dollars, it gets you the Star Citizen MMO + a ship you can spawn and use right now. The ships included in those packages aren't completely relevant, you can upgrade them toward 'better' ships if you want to contribute further later on. But you'll also be able to upgrade it in game without spending more money, Also, all the ships will be 'earnable' in game. All you really need is one of those starter pack with either Mustang or Aurora.

If you want the Star Citizen MMO + Squadron 42, a solo campaign game in the same universe than Star Citizen, featuring performance capture from Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Mark Strong, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis... then you'll need of the 'combo package'.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great thank you for the reply.

7. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    And starting somewhere today they're going for a 5th anniversary themed promotion week with a bunch of videos on Youtube that cover the stuff you can buy. So it'll be interesting to see what they've got so far, as most of it should be available in-game once it's out, using in-game currency.

8. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That video looks amazing...seems SC is going to be the second foggiest game after Morrowind but in the positive sense LOL
    Hopefully they'll find a convincing way of implementing decent footing for the characters in the future...everyone still floats around.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    This game look great on video. Until you play it, then it feels like crap :p

They still have a long, long way to go to make the controls feel responsive and snappy.

10. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It's hard to remain interested in this game anymore; it has been in development for longer than I can remember lol

Mr.Bigtime likes this.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    exactly. ultra boring to follow the dev to finish it. they expand the game yes I can understand but if we think about possibilities, there is no deadline literally. Literally.

shoja likes this.
  12. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Black Mesa: Source is also taking a while, and they've just announced they're missing their Dec 2017 release date.

Complaining won't speed up development, especially when there's a million other games you can play in the meantime.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  13. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Thanks for the update. Those guys can never meet their release dates.

14. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They've raked in another ~$1.5M these last two days, so now at $166.8M and counting. Currently there are 1.92M backers.

I wonder if they'll hit $175M and 2M backers by the end of the year, as Squadron 42 gameplay will be shown before then.

That would also mean they'd have gathered $35M and 300k backers over a single year (currently at +$26.8M and +220k backers)

15. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Yeah, it's just bad business. The promised release date was, I believe 2014, and here we are in 2017 with no concrete release date. This almost sounds like a ponzi scheme where they just keep showing some glittery stuff to keep having people pour in money.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017

16. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
  17. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's just another form of pledging atm...I thought that was clear enough when they announced it.

18. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    How much per month is this game supposed to cost? Judging by the video's, looks like there will be lots of boring travel through space and lifeless planets just in search of places with stuff to actually see and do. Typical of a space sim of course but personally I'd rather compact all the action into a much smaller area than have hours of empty space and rocky planets that serve little more than filler as I seriously doubt any EVE:eek:nline, X or Elite player actually travels through empty space for hours without warping so what's the point of having it?

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
  20. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Just read this,Wow

If you thought micro-transactions couldn't get any stranger, we suggest you hold on to your seat, as Cloud Imperium Games has opened a new chapter in the book that is paid content. Those looking to pre-purchase a plot of land on the planet with a nice view of the local neutron star, or any other approved planet, can do so now for a mere $50.

This new form of monetization dubbed “Land Claim Licenses” offers gamers two plot sizes they can choose from; a plot with an area of four square kilometers, and one that comes in at eight square kilometers for $100. The developer noted that even though this feature is not implemented yet, it gives those willing to part with their money a chance to 'pre-order' a piece of land they are interested in.