Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    the in takes do look really off to me, they almost look like exhaust section of a main enging, not an intake.

like in the first pic i posted that angle makes it look like the wrong end of the main thruster.

it is possible that it could look a lot better when it is fully textured in concept too and not just a grey box.

other than the intakes i do like the overall look from the last picture, but its front profile needs changed i feel.

I was expecting a more F/14 style tho with sleek lines and not as bulky. but i can see why they went this route with it too.

2. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Lol the new trend of game companies to get suckers that will donate funds on a game that might never come into existence or could be total trash. They laughing at you people all the way to the bank. I am simply flabbergasted at how easy people are to take advantage of. Heck lets forget about demos, returns of craptastic games and you take it up the arse hard ! I personally am done with this and other drm bs they put on people and have other methods of obtaining whatever I wish and they never get anything because of this attitude they have.

3. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Thanks for the rant that has nothing to do with Star Citizen.

That or you are just poorly informed on the subject/trolling.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    They are asking alot for a 2 crew ship though nevermind vat countries and etc to the tune of 300+ plus dollars.

By the looks it has a 1 tiger, 2 t2 or t3 guns under the engines, and the turret for 5 guns. now yea it may tank like a beast and it may have a massive missile payload but yea by the looks it will be close to a super hornet in raw firepower but way less agility to bring it to bear, now with a connie or redeemer right there connie that can take on 3 hornets and live to fight again!

is it gonna get torps or some s4 missile bays on the bottom? alot to ask for a 5 gun cutlass. even if the nose gun is a tiger, woot for that spool up fire time on a slow turning monster.

likely not to be much of a cargo bay or boarding features either. but redeemers got you covered there at lest for cargo?

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People donate funds to help get games made that are either considered high risk so would never be green-lit, or get watered down by the money men who are scared of taking a chance of something new/old/different.

I'm not even a fan of this game/genre, but crowdfunding is one of the best things about gaming these days

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    And yet people ALL OVER THE WEB are calling CIG a scam and a fraud that are duping people out of their money.. money that people are willingly handing over to help fund the game.

My brain hurts just thinking about the asinine crap I've read.. especially on Reddit..if you ever wanna go see the uninformed, and ignorant masses (when it comes to this game and its development) look no further.

Apparently people are unaware that pledging for Star Citizen does not occur due to blackmail, bribery, or having a gun pointed at your head, and that people actually genuinely wish to support the game. What a concept.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well good news customer support finally contacted me back said they would swap my alpha if i wanted to melt my 7c.

So maybe if the vanguard features/equip live up to the price.

8. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    [​IMG]

9. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well Im interested in knowing how much of the 70m budget is going towards staff wages. I'm guessing a good 90% of it, CR must atleast have a salary of 70K a year? All in all, we are still only at the mid point of SC's total budget. I can see it going 200m when the game is actually released.

I also appreciate the faith that you don't have in the video game, allot of people I know are simply waiting for the game to just be released rather than pledge for its completion. Same old argument with them... "it's just a giant pay to win scheme".

Tbh, I don't think it will take a well run org that is completely comprised of starter ships too long towards getting better ships. Going at it alone you would either need to be really lucky or a genius....

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well unless they update alot of info on the ship and reveal some stuff we do not know yet not impressed by a 250 long ranger fighter at all.

Specifically seem your gonna have to wait for a variant to get that long range sensor suit or they have not listed it yet.

Otherwise it has a ton of fixed nose guns s2, one s5 gattling cannon, way less missiles than i expected on a long range fighter and vague mentions about being maybe able to carry torpedoes probably another variant. its heavier than a redeemer with one less in thrusters so its not going to turn well at all has zero cargo space.

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Managed to find a reputable LTi dealer that buys all the ships in bulk if anyone's interested, msg me for details. In other news I decided to take the plunge and buy the Vanguard. Did want to wait until the FPS module came out but the ship looks too awesome.

I do have some concerns about the FPS module, no doubt an important part of the games development. I kind hate having to pump something with an excess about of bullets when just one should do the job is direction I hope they take. IE, difference between getting shot in the helmet and the face. We already know that the controls will be similar to Arma 3.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Armor and future shields plus death, so yea i think its going to take some shooting to drop stuff and get dropped else it is one shot one kkill arma 3 stuff swell people will be hitting that death of a spacesman thing REALLY fast.

Me still leaning towards skipping the vanguard. heck wonder what lti grey market ships i could get for that vanguard cash.

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I brought it to protect my Orion, which is also LTI :nerd:

You should look to see if it fits your needs, if your dog fighting or generally need some close range protection rather than shelling out ranged DPS its a good choice. Call me optimistic but I think it should be able to handle its sheeet vs two standard hornets.

14. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    This game must have already made a huge profit on the price of those ships, no way with how many are buying they are spending that much on development!

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    It is a fairly ambitious game. and they have offices around the world atm working on parts of the game its a AAA crowd funded game.

Granted they sure do seem to overreach and push the good faith of backers at times. :p.

Still i do not think the money is going for hookers and blow like some rumors have spread.

This vanguard is a project ship its another find the special parts ship in the pu its going to handle like a 747 the dps mostly centered in the nose is a disaster waiting to happen what are people going to aim for on that ship? the giant death cannon maybe? or how about a face full of missiles with all that right there how will that ship handle that? boom nose cannon gone half your t2 fixed guns blasted away.

With the engines 2 miles apart sure it can still fly if one gets blown off but its going to fly like ass no matter what wizzardy the main thruster can pull to correct it. it going to want to spin in circles hardcore.

There is no sniping in the game so as big as its one gun is its still going to be a dogfighting range gun. where its mass is going to be a liability vs smaller ship.

I love the idea of a long range fighter in my hanger along with my short range interceptor and med fighter have the whole range of ships but.....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

16. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    They have not made any profit yet, because they are still in a crowed funding phase, all the money that comes in currently is going right back into development and will continue like that until they hit retail, at which point i can see them start shifting over "new retail income" money for bonuses or other things, but until they stop the crowed funding everything goes right back into the project.

We will likely be over 100-120million before that happens.

CiG is dedicated to making this the BDSSE (best damn space sim ever) and they are focused on that goal with every dollar that comes in.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    login to your main hanger to see the new fishtank.

and check the ships sales pages.

18. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Ahh i am in a Fish tank!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brushing up on my 3d "skills" a bit building a space ship.

20. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    It has more of an Anvil look to it than an Aegis in my opinion, anvil has that angular rigid canopy.

Could see it being similar to a heavier hornet, with a larger cockpit area so there is actual room to walk out of the seat ect to the back rather than the canopy opening.

also maybe consider putting a docking collar behind the turret in the ceiling if there is room so it can actually dock with larger ships for boarding operations or swapping personnel, would give it something that the Vanguard lacks.