Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. trapper_87

trapper_87 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    As far as I know those are just the same as the crowd funding tiers. And most (if not all) will be able to be bought in game.

2. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Hiya.

Extra addon ships will be available to purchase until at least Alpha and likely until Beta too.
    While the addon ships are available, they are something of a “thankyou” for helping support the game from early on.

These addon ships are helping Cloud Imperium Games (Chris Robert's company) gain the money they need where it counts most - early on in development.

All of the addon ships can be obtained in game without spending real $.

Once the game goes live, the amount of real $ that can be used to buy ingame Creds etc will be restricted with a monthly max to prevent unfair advantages being gained. The cash allowed to be spent is only intended to prevent players with families/work and little time to play the game falling too far behind those of us lucky enough to spend large amounts of time playing.
    - still nothing can make up for real in game play that provides know how and

From the start they have estimated that they require at least approx $16 million+.
    Most of this was planned to come from private investors. While a Huge improvement over publishers, the more he can avoid falling back on them the better for his team and their freedom to do what they want with the game.

The crowd funding was wildly successful and things are still going very well to the degree that it can even be hoped that this full amount could overall (once the game goes live in about 2 Years) be covered by crowd funding allowing the private investors to be paid off earlier.
    It also means that rather than giving a long term return on the investors money, they can re-invest the saved money back into increased development.

This big success has prompted the team to keep giving more than they promised in many areas, even giving us what they said would not be possible.

Star Citizen is quickly shaping up to be an amazing game.

One of the little extra’s is the Hanger Module that is planned to be available in August.
    Here we will be able to walk around outside our ships fps style + board and look about the ships we have purchased.

I believe we will also be able to invite friends to our Hangers to… hang out :)

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm starting to get really hyped about this game, can't wait!

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah same, cant wait for Elite Dangerous also.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Funding is still going on for this...thats an amazing amount, lets hope the end product delivers.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
  8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah just looked, cool.

9. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
  10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    As an old WingCommand / Xwing Vet, my heart is missing some beats in sheer joy when i read this. :D

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I already missed some back when I see the gameplay walkthrough from hangar to flight...and then turned around back to the capship only to show that we can actually SEE the hangar in the same detail as when we walked in it before the flight through the capship windows.
    I don't know yet about traveling between systems, but from hangar to flight the transition is pretty much seamless without loading times.
    And the scale is just...there.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    My dream game would be to have all kinds of planets in the same detail like Skyrim, no matter where you land with your ship. Now that would be mindblowing. Seems we're getting there in the next few years. :)

13. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    You should read a book called Ready Player One.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Elite Dangerous promises to have very detailed landscapes on all its planets and moons. Its all Procedurally generated so you will always find something new if your an explorer. The beauty is that all planet and moon landings will be seemless so there will be no loading screen and a ship can be flown in realtime by the player from space, down through the atmosphere, through the clouds (which will have weather) and land on a planet.

Procedural generation in Elite.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBvpd3_Vqk

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Heh...kinda reminds me of Battlecruiser 3000AD.
    I mean the space sim & ground combat thing, not the seamless bit. =b

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    So the $20 million stretch goal has been announced : ground-based combat on planets! Pretty ambitious, but I wonder if they can pull of this off.

Concentrating on too many things might result in a lackluster gaming experience but you never know, they might just knock it out of the park. I'm excited but I'm also slightly concerned.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Sounds good but Elite Dangerous has promised this with no cutscene, everything will be seemless and procedurally generated, which will be very exciting if your exploring. Im looking forward to both games but Elite just that little bit more.

18. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I believe they are partly outsourcing the FPS element so they can concentrate on the Space SIM combat side of things.

Of course they are building the MoCap studio into their new offices so they will of course still be working closely over the course of the FPS development.

The Boarding and EVA combat side of things will also help ensure there is a seamless merging of all groups efforts.
    - certainly these elements have been planned from the very start.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    From the AMD ******.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TressFX? lolwut?

20. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    AMD really going all out with support these days, good for them!