Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    ScoobyDooby posts a perfectly civil and well written post, and you say it's "there's no reason for you to start with you know **** all garbage & make things personal".

:rolleyes:

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ScoobyDooby is right, we're all winners. ED made me realize how much i really missed this genre. I'm sure i'll buy SC as well at some point. Peace out.

3. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    sup . am doing great i sc .

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    You know if there going to charge on playing in the Persistent Universe? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't eventually charge you.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Why is that hard to believe? They've already raised more than 60mill.

I can't recall ever seeing any mention of charging a subscription.. There are things you will be able to spend $ on, but playing in the PU is not one of them.

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Actually that's exactly what I was thinking, once they got the hardware they only need to set aside a certain amount of the budget towards keep the servers online for 100+ years. Still I think that perhaps a very low monthly charge might keep the game going for all eternity.

7. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Nobody has seen enough SC to say what it's really going to be like. I've got both though and ED's a great game. Has anyone tried it in the Rift DK2? It is an experience any space sim fan NEEDS to have. Amazing.

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    RSI Anniversary Sale Details 21/11/14

November anniversary sale details: Comm Link

There also selling an allotment Javelin Destroyers at $2500, a ship that is bigger and much more powerful than the Idris. Would like to try and buy one just so I could resell it but I can't source the money together in time. Instead will be buying the War pack which contains the Idris some time next year.

If anyone is looking to pre purchase a ship for PU before game release, no better time than now.

- Tekk :boozer:

9. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    i had 4 heralds sitting as store credit place holders that i melted for a retaliator, SH upgrade and the arc pistol/UEE coat.

still have another herald too lol.

my hangar atm

890 JUMP LTI, Reclaimer LTI, Retaliator, Gladius LTI, M50, Herald LTI, 3x AMD Omega Mustangs, Phoenix (Upgrade), 325-350r (Upgrade), F7C-M (Upgrade), F7A Vet Trim (upgrade), UEE Coat, Advocacy Tools, Arc Firearm, Race suit (from last sale), "Shut up and take my money" skin.

10. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    That's quite the hanger you got there Ace, seems like you've invested a fair amount in the game. Thought a total ship package is cheaper than buying them individually.

You looking to keep all three AMD Mustang Skins?

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I upgraded my LTI Hornet to Super Hornet. I'm done for now. I may upgrade my Avenger to other variant but that's it. I've supported enough. :p

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Which variant of the super hornet did you take?

13. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    no, atm i am planning to cross chassis 1 into a 325a to apply my 325a-350r upgrade, and i may upgrade one to the Delta Military mustang, will keep the 3rd one as the amd omega mustang.

i still need to get a hornet for my super upgrade and a andromeda connie for my phoenix upgrade but there is no rush on those since they are available all the time.

likely going to CCU the herald into an andromeda so the phoenix will gain LTI.

i am also going to keep an eye out for the twin engine deep space fighter (bulldog) most likely pick one of those up next year.

closing in on my limit i want to spend tho, at $2100 going to stop at $2500 or just a hair over.

there is only 1 super hornet.

there is:
    F7A (military hornet *not sold*)
    F7C (base civilian hornet)
    F7C-S (Stealth Hornet)
    F7C-R (SWAC Recon Hornet)
    F7C-M (Super Hornet twin seat, larger max power plant)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I am still at a loss to figure out WTF this game is supposed to be about.

Is it a space game or not?

If yes, why are there planets to walk about on?

Space is big, what's the point in having the ability to explore every square millimetre of it when there quite obviously isn't going to be another player for potentially light years in any direction.

What they are saying is you can go to a planet and walk about? What impact is that supposed to have on the SPACE aspect of the game? If that is what this game is meant to have at it's core.

This looks like about 5 games rolled into one with lots of walking or flying about dealing with NPC's and not other players. 50-100 GB download to cater for all the content created which won't have any impact on blowing the sniz out of another player. Said it before: they could have released this game a long time ago and released the extra content as a form of DLC - but given the amount of money people gave them, they decided to waste it on creating content no one has asked for....dum dums.

I like his tan though, looks like that free money is being well spent :)

15. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    you make is sound like 5 games in 1 is a bad thing, when this is how you do a space sim.

sure they could of only done space combat and no FPS stuff but it would never feel complete. and would be jarring to people that have been playing from the beginning if FPS was tacked on later in a patch.

its smart to get all those core systems up and running from day one of PU 1.0

SWG did the ground based stuff before the space stuff, it never felt right.

X series focused on space only.

X rebirth finally added some space station walking around but it seems like they screwed up everything else about that game.

Elite no clue sounds like they are doing space first with other aspects later but not to the fidelity of SC.

SC is trying to push the medium to the breaking point giving us both a full featured FPS combat system that has more depth than todays FPS games with locational damage, pulling players to safety among other things.

as well has getting the core Space Sim combat done.

The planet side stuff is essential for making the overall experience feel more complete even if they dont have the procedural generated planets done for 1.0 for ground base exploring having the main cities and landing ports done first will give the planets character and be set up for that expanded content later.

the game is very ambitious and is exactly what we need in the PC arena right now something publishers are not delivering.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

16. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Oh, I thought the super comes in two variants of single and dual seat. Must be getting it confused with the standard F7C.

I'm not too sure how different the PU is going to be from the single player in terms of content, but you should be able to interact with NPC's that have quests for you. The main focus will be questing in the persistent universe, you will be able to earn reputation, credits and items. Your also faced with influence choices such as piracy, working for the government or organisations.

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    People, don't forget that there is an entirely single playerSC campaign, squadron 42, that is completely separate from the mp persistent universe..

That is why this game has everything that it does.. Planetside and FPS, racing, trading, exploring, piracy.. Its meant to offer the full gamut of what it would be like living, working, exploring as a Star Citizen.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh the amount of money that this game got it HAS to be successful and each genre should be a flawless experience. I would expect no less, if they cant make a AAA game in all areas with all that money then basically without being to rude, well they suck balls.

I think it will be good but a good way off yet, probably around 2 years.

19. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    well they do not have "that much" money, yes they have a lot. and they seem to be managing it better than larger studios due to a lot less over head.

expecting it to be flawless is just setting your self up to be disappointed. in so many ways.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not really, if Frontier can do what they have done with around 2.5 million then i expect much much more from team SC. How much has SC made now, 50 60 70 80 million?

They have so much money that they could hire the best coders to get the job done, with that kind of money there is no excuse even if they get it wrong at first i would expect the game to be AAA once bugs and balancing are ironed out.

The original KS pledge by CR himself were he wanted to build a game that has never been built before with a maximum KS amount of 4-6 million. I remember the KS cause i was part of it and still am part of it as i can post in SC KS thread.

Well know he has over 50 million for arguments sake. Also CR is an experienced gamer and oldskool programming Veteran. There are no excuses for failure or even building a game that is above average in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014