Star Citizen now has raised 404 million USD and is still not available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Mannequins

Mannequins Guest

GPU:
    Rtx 3090
    It's simpler. As long as game keeps providing hours of entertainment the money will keep flowing.

2. Mannequins

Mannequins Guest

GPU:
    Rtx 3090
    There's no need for argument there are a lot of things CIG are doing wrong but they are also doing a lot of things right. It's up to the fans to criticize when needed and the haters to have a different perspective.

For me at the end of the day star citizen is something truly unique and an experience that isn't anywhere else in video gaming. But FFs I've been waiting for too long for them to get server meshing up and running. 50 players isn't enough to fill space! Doesn't matter how many ships and other features you add.

3. butterwaach

butterwaach Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    well its his opinion im interested in, since usually we expect from him an objective report regarding every hardware he tests for us. somehow i have not the feeling that he has redently „tested“ SC to give a fair unbiased opinion and so i thought i would kindly ask him to take a closer look.

as for me, my perspective is a very different one. as a software developer im very much interested in the problems CIG is running into during the development, especially since the upscaling of the scope back in 2013/2014. i very much knew what i was pledging into, but since for me its not just about the game, but also about the insight of all the struggles to bypass to make this even work on this scale. so i‘m not solely in for the fun part of gaming during the development, i knew very much that i will be beta testing for a long time. ob the other side, i am on the fence for a decade now, that even though pcs are way ahead of consoles, we dont see any groundbreaking new developments and are held back by the consoles because there is simply more money to make. the thing is, that for years now, this is the first game that is truly aspiring to something more with the technology at hand.

so yes im biased as well, just in the other direction. how ever i wont defend it like a fanboy infront of ignorant people who already made up their mind, without even taking a closer look under the hood. i dint expect anyone else to understand the problems which come into play when developing something like this. were there errors? sure! have there been controversies? hell yes! is it slowing down the development that they keep it polished and playable? of course! is there stuff where they dont know yet how they will solve it? i bet there is!

but nonetheless - for me its a journey, which already is among the best and most fun games and times i had. noone can take that from me and i sure hope they succeed - especially without a publisher.

(sry for any typos, answered from the mobile phone)

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I don't play beta or alpha's, but once it does come out i can't wait to gank some low level aurora noobs with my Gladius! :D

*Celebrates with pizza's, beers and hookers..... good times!

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stay on topic.

6. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
  7. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    oi, don't get banned again bud.

Undying likes this.
  10. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The gameplay is terrible. I fear for the future of the game if they cannot even get the shooting right on the engine that brought us Crysis. The flight is terrible. It looks good though and runs like turd. You know that once Boundary drops Chris Roberts will skank every element of that game and delay SC's development even further.

tunejunky likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    found the guy that wants an arcade space shooter.

12. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The flight is as arcadey as it gets and the combat is a joke. I play Squad and Arma. SC's combat is a jittery joke.

Oh and we have found a cultist.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sigh let me know when this actual released so i can then buy it, at sale price

14. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600