Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Looking good. This game is really starting to grab my interest.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yep it's Great looking.
    I'm happy to have Full Access THX to AMD RaptR, cuz i win the StarCitizen AMD Spaceship + some other things ($60)
    i'm playing for AMD Games Evolved Codes from very begining and after >1 year I finally Win It !

4. A7ibaba

A7ibaba Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Matrix R9 290X
    Great photoshop images .

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For a Star Citizen i would not be surprised if they are actually in game screenshots.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks good. With exception of shadow resolution. Considering images are downsized, those shadows may be considered bad. But on other side, it looks like problem only on exterior images.

And they have a lot of time to polish graphics. Not that I would judge final product based on IQ.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Need I say again what I've said before?

Might as well...

This game is a Zero-G dogfighting game, and would/should have taken an incredibly short time to execute - and unless they release this element of the game and submit it to be critically reviewed, it does not deserve any attention.

With every blog post, video, screenshot, podcast, tweet, flicker and general PR push - they are proving again and again they are scared to death of the critical impact this would have to the free money being thrown at them, by people shepherded into doing so.

There is nothing of interest to anyone interested in GAMES here - move along people, move along.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So how is this different then any other game that's in development? Are we requiring all game studios to ship portions of their games at intervals now for review?

Edit: Wait they did release the dog fighting module and it has been reviewed...

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Review/390372,review-star-citizen-arena-commander.aspx

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  9. orpheus

orpheus Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX Titan 6GB sli
    Star Citizen long long overdue

whilst I've been following SC for some time, i was also a backer for Elite Dangerous by frontier developments. and I've got to say it seems that frontier are miles ahead and beyond to what SC has planned, and with the amount of money this project has raised i find it hard to comprehend why its taking so long, oh and i wonder how many alpha stages there will be too.....lol

10. AMDJoe

AMDJoe AMD rep

GPU:
    AMD
    My only worry with this game is...are we going to be exhausted of all hype before the game actually launches? (ironic coming from an AMD guy I know :p )

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I definitely agree that development seems to be going slow, but there are some differences here between the two projects.

Frontier started Elite Dangerous in 2011 and got additional funding in 2012 but it already had a studio in place long before that. It shipped the finished game in 2014, so it essentially had a 3 year development time. Cloud Imperium started in 2011 as well, but it had no studio. It took them nearly 2 years to build the studio up. Development on the game only ramped up in 2013. And I think you would agree that the initial launch scope of Starcitizen is much larger than Elite Dangerous, so it's obviously going to take longer.

Should the scope of Starcitizen have been more direct? Probably. Is Chris Roberts being a little too ambitious? I think so. But it's not like he's taking the millions of dollars he received and bathing in it. They are clearly building something. They've released modules, they've shown the work they are doing on the single player component (Squadron 42). Will it ever be finished? I don't know. But I do know it takes years to build games of this scope. Blizzard also had millions of development dollars sunk into World of Warcraft, it took them 5 years to make that game. And they already had the lore and story and everything to go with it. So I don't really get why people are surprised SC is not done yet.

12. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Since i am backer and subscriber, i can confirm they are in-game screenshots.

Actually the screenshots do not really do it justice as the moving environment around them add to the effect. This game looks better than any game i have played this year.

Unfortunately whilst Elite Dangerous does look good, the models are not as complex as SC. Compare your ED on Low Graphics compared to SC on Low and you see a HUGE difference. Switching between Low and Very High on SC shows that everything at its very core is quite complex

The fact that ED is being ported to the XBOne tells you a thing or two. I cant ever imagine SC being ported to a console and amen to that!

13. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    if you guys need a refferal code to start with an extra 5.000 UEC here's mine : STAR-MPYV-5XCH it would help me alot ! 5.000 = worth 5 dollars ! enyoi i myself have backed this game when it was at the 54 million mark i can say NOW is the time to join ! + anniversary sale is on for this week !

14. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Yep Elite Dangerous is miles ahead. I found SC clunky and too complicated and has awful controls for xbox controller. I wouldn't be surprised if it fails.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's different. I've used a basketball analogy in the past, if you dig up my posts I'm sure you'll find it.

And that link is not a review of the game.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I really don't care about your analogy. If you're too lazy to find it yourself and post it then it's probably not relevant.

You said specifically in this thread that they wouldn't release the dog fighting element of the game because it would effect their funding. But they already have released the dog fighting element of the game a year ago and have updated it several times. It hasn't seem to effected their funding at all.

That link is most definitely a review of the dog fighting element. There are tons more if you simply google "review arena commander star citizen", some offer more details than others. I personally don't care to read them because I have zero interest in the game.

If you have a valid complaint about the game's development I'd love to hear it. But so far in this thread AMDJoe is the only one who brought any reasonable issue up. I do think the vast majority of people will be tired of the game before it's fully finished. It happens all the time with games that get modular releases. And it's hard to build hype when most of it is playable now.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Good grief...

I used an analogy because the toxicity of the thread I was involved with deemed it necessary at the time. I certainly was not lazy to write it, so reverse logic will not work on me, 'sir.

They didn't release the game with just the key element of the game (dog fighting) and then release the additional elements as either:

1) DLC
    2) Free
    3) Both of the above

IF (hypothetical) the key element of the game (dog fighting) was good enough to justify release (supervention), they would have released (conclusion).

Dropping an unfinished demo onto people who 'back' your game to pacify them is not releasing a fully completed game. If it was, there would be a review score 'final' judgement and it would be in sales charts and tracked accordingly. Having someone 'blog' about your demo, constitute a review it does not.

The validity of any compliant I have is that the banks said 'no' to funding. So did publishers. And yet, CR has mitigated risk by getting people to give him free money so he can build something which he and only he will control.

The day he runs out of money will be the day the game gets released for reals - until then, he is doing everything and anything to stop that day from coming.

If you believe otherwise, then I do care - not the other way around.

Fleecing the gaming community is ultimately what sickens me. Ubisoft and EA releasing the same game every 12 months is not a crime. This is the real crime.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I got this game when I bought my R9 290, but I still haven't played it yet, mainly because I've had enough other games to play in the meantime. I'm still waiting for the game to get more polished (particularly, beyond alpha stages) and by then I hope their Linux release will be ready. I know they're working on one but there doesn't appear to be any ETA.

19. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm seriously laughing at all you idiots who think this game will not be released. Seriously LMAO.

To all non-idiots here's a recent gameplay vid from a couple of days ago from the 2.0 PTU.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    Yep, pretty funny how people want to bag on this game. I have been playing Chris Roberts games since the early 90's and have never been disappointed. This is looking like his latest masterpiece, most likely his greatest.