STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks mate.

durr.. ive done that with other games in the past. Dont why it didnt occur to me this time.:bang:

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have this game up and running without having to tweak anything. Looks good and plays nice and smooth. The one problem I have is no footstep sounds. None from my guy and no footstep sounds from any other stalker. Anyone with any ideas to get footsteps? Thanks all.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    uncheck the "Show Actor Shadow" Option in Settings/Game

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You have to disable the actor_body. Its under game settings. Uncheck show actor shadow. This will fix it. It is also HIGHLY recommended to do so at the minute because it crashes the game if you leave it on.
    The motion blur command line -mblur has smoothed the game out for me. It seems to act like a framerate smoother.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    wut? those benchmarks, lol nice optimization xD

@ (.)(.)

Looks like it won't help here judging by those fps.. It did by Autumn Aurora2 mod though, made it super smooth in the end :)

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I did the link in that quote is a torrent, the torrent when opened contains four parts each with a zip file inside, the instructions say to unzip all four parts to a new folder and then run the setup, only when I try to unzip the 2, 3 and 4th parts it gives an error msg about the files inside being broken.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try using Winrar 5.xx

8. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I did it gives the same broken CRC error, however

Problem solved, the instructions in the readme are typical mod community levels of quality, it tells you to extract the contents of the files to a new folder then run the setup file, What it should tell you is to extract the contents of the first part to a new folder and then copy the remaining UNEXTRACTED 3 parts to the same folder and then run the set up file.

The games installed now and have just ran it and finished messing with the options, gonna go give the game a try now.

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Try using this magnet link for torrent download, should be the quickest method to download. Size is 6GB

Code:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:L64FN5UGWUKRZ4UQNUKCI7IEDG6BTJZY&dn=S.T.A.L.K.E.R._LOST_ALPHA_v1.3000_setup&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

10. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks. I'll do that and report back. Other than that one sound issue,the game runs great.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Strange, I downloaded 4 parts and extracted the first one, which subsequently extracted the other 3 parts to the same folder, and everything worked fine

12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay so played the game, tweaked the graphics to get it playable and yeah I am liking it, it's like Stalker but more, it's familar but different, really is kinda strange.

Anyway just suffered my first crash after around 2 hours of gameplay but can anyone suggest what's causing the weird white bluring effect at the left and top of my screen? The video below shows the effect, it's not too bad in open environments but inside and in the dark it is quite distracting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGye32vMbpg&feature=youtu.be

Dx9, motion blur and FOV disabled, 60Hz and Vsync disabled (tried all these settings on and off and it makes no difference).

13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Do you have multiple monitors?

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nope just the one monitor

15. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I've been playing for an hour, and the setting that made the most difference for me in low fps situations was sun shadow. With everything maxed, I get 21 fps. With everything maxed but sun shadow turned off, I get 57 fps

Edit: I've turned off Sun rays and my minimum fps went from 21 to 42. I can keep the great sun shadows :D

Now for a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    My screenshot with some iris blur in photoshop.

[​IMG]

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Still fiddling w bright contrast and gamma to get something that works, sun seems way too bright, overcast seems fine though, make it dark enough where the sunny days are not a bloom glare fest the menus get super dark.

Think mine close to kendok's screen atm, best as i can get it atm it seems.

18. OutlawTuNeR

OutlawTuNeR Guest

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980TI-6GD5
    just downloaded this mod, its great. Im currently running it on Downsampling 4K mode.
    started my enb+sweetfx wip settings for this game, also need to fix AA mode in Nvidia Inspector.

First pics soon...

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well gotta tell me how you got ENB to work with this.

20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So just loaded the game, only to find that it was running like utter poo. Took me a moment to work out why it was runnng so slow. A quick look in the options showed that it had reset to default, everything maxed.

So decided to try running Dx10 with some options tweaked and my god what a difference, much much smoother, much much better looking and that weird screen bluring I mentioned before has gone...

...and my god I forgot how sh*t your pants scary this game can be, add in all the new ambient sounds and my god what an experience. The only issue I have at the moment is that stupid chopper flying round the start area, it would be fine if the sound wasn't

a). Total rubbish and
    b). Had the worse fade in and fade out effect.

Other than that loving it.