STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Did you patch to recommended version. 1.15.10?

Also, try moving the entire Stalker folder to (or whatever you letter is ) C:\, just C:\. so - C:\S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky

Or... are you trying to run the game from the xrEngine.exe located in the Bin folder? If so, you need to use the shortcut that the game creates during installation of Clear Sky.

I dont know what it is about stalker, but after a restart of my PC, i need to move the stalker folder to C:\ or ill get a crash, then after the next restart, i need to move it back to C:\Program Files (x86) and so on and so on. Weird.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i'm gonna install the patch u mentioned,i made a shortcut of the xrengine.exe to desktop, coz the first one was for a different directory, since the installation said to copy the stalker clearsky bin folder to the main directory, and i installed the game on d: not c: coz all my games are installed on d:, installing the patch didn't work, now it loads textures and geometry and as soon as the game loads, i get black screen and crash to desktop.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    guys do u recommend misery mod for stalker cop? since i stalker clearsky isn't working on my win 8,1, i guess i have to play COP, with misery mod.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Misery 2.0 is just the best. I highly recommend it.

5. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Anyone got any amazing HD screenshots of this mod? The ones on Mod.db are not even 1080p AFAIK... Some 4K/SSAA downsampled to 1080p shots would be so welcome!

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i started a new game with misery 2.1 mod, it's all fog, i cant see a thing within more than 4 meters of me. lol

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It should clear up shortly. Or try using "sv_setweather clear" console command.

I myself Cant really play Cs, CoP or LA as i find they look sooooo avg compared to SoC with AA2.1 and enb+sweetx.

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I re bought the stalker games from gog. they where on sell and cheap.

easier to manage mods and directory then using steam.

steam gets confused and I get confused. lol:infinity: which directory is which.

then if I need to reinstall the game...:bang:

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    A beefier CPU really makes a difference in this game, just reinstalled it after upgrading to Haswell-E (from i7 920), and im getting 20+ frames more @ the same settings. :)

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whats the status on this games performance, whats the best version (bought, free mod) and is there an enb that is now compatible with it.

Thanks in advanced.

11. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Performance ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcqq1VxCkqA

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just tried this on my new screen, 1440p, thought it would have crippled going from 1080p @ the same settings, but it actually runs better :eek:

Ive got everything on, all sliders maxed, apart from view distance and grass density, which ive got just past half-way, shadow map is maxed, sun rays and SSAO are on high, and im getting around 45-60+, and its smooth as a babys bum using FreeSync :D

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah that was the weird thing that i saw in some of the videos. Going higher in res gave better performance. How does that work, by removing a bottleneck or something?

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Game is using one core only, bottleneck the living crap out of that TitanX (you can see that in that vid above). Rich Guy was right, beefier CPU really makes a difference, overclocking as well.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah could be, as at the higher res, i seem to be using more of my card now, as ive noticed i get higher GPU usage.

Heres my settings :-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is how it runs :-

[​IMG]
    Just over 50fps

[​IMG]
    Just over 58fps

[​IMG]
    Just over 50fps

[​IMG]
    Just under 54fps

Although could be a combination of newer drivers as well (as not tried it for a while), that last shot, at 1080p (same settings), i was only getting around 47 there (i think), i know it was definitely under 50 anyway.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Is this worth the time?
    I´m feeling nostalgic about STALKER, and after Autumn Aurora i´looking for a new experience.
    Since release it had a couple of patches maybe the downsides that i saw in reviews are gone.

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I would wait for the director's cut version to be honest. Should be much improved. If you like freeplay, I would recommend Call of Chernobyl for Call of Pripyat until then:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

19. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Thanks;)
    Honestly i don't think the Directors cut edition will be out any time soon, if ever.
    Lost Alpha was some issues, i´ve been patching and modding it with some fixes that i find, and so far i havent encounter any game breaking bug.

DX10 doesn work right for me,i´m using DX9 with reshade, the dynamic weather doest seem to work, but it´s a beautiful game and a true STALKER atmosphere.
    Apparently the game breaking bugs are ahead, i´ve been playing it just under a couple of hours but so far i´ts a very god mod, and a decent game.

Nonetheless i´m looking for fixes, so any advices are welcome;)

20. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Crap.I keep getting killed in the mines by a sucker punch apparently.
    I shoul´dt have killed the Sin guy at the begging, it cause a bug that kills the player at the mines.
    Stupid bug. The fixes i found don't work, and i´m not going to start a new game.