STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks.

2. demon326

demon326 Guest

GPU:
    Just got out of lab X18.... they did a good job....

For those that going to do this quest: Make sure you got the green USB stick from the barkeeper, its about 8K RU...

3. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Guys. The steam overlay doesn't work. I need that to take screenshots for my steam library. Any way to get steam overlay working?

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Use Afterburner for screenshots.

5. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I'm already using AB. However, I wanted to upload the screenshots to my steam account, which I am not able to since steam overlay isn't working.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay I have hit my first major problem with this game, the level design and mission object positioning is utter utter cr*p.

How the hell anyone would find the Strelok's stash flash drive is beyond me, no hints in my PDA and if one of the NPCs told me I missed it but no logic and it is so obscure it is beyond daft.

Now I've just spent 15 minutes searching for the god damn entrance to the Bar so I can meet up with Barkeep. Yeah Stalker was never known for making location and objectives clear but it's almost like this game has gone out of its way to make what should be obvious entrances and objectives hidden, and not just hidden but hidden in stupidly obscure locations.

If this is what the early game is like I dread to think what the X labs will be, because they were pain in the ass in the original game but in a game were the objectives are being hidden in stupidly obscure places...

...not liking it.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Wasnt the stash in the og game silly hard to find also?

2nd town i kinda agree took me 5 min to find the enterence where the first game that town had multiple exits and enters. granted it way more defensable to have one entrance,butn then to took me another 10 min of wandering around inside getting lost till i found the bar.

8. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Geez dude just go back and play some unrealistic game with giant flashing goal arrows and press any button to win gameplay....this is Stalker...get into it.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE. You'll be a better player for it.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Last edited: May 3, 2014

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well they upped stealth so...

When the lights suddenly start going out 1 by 1 in X18, hide in a dark corner like a scared little child because odds are your gear wouldn't be good enough for it.

And turning on the flashlight will only attract its attention...

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So what order to these patches and fixes get installed in?

So far i did a clean install then installed patch 1.3001 and Ai fixes. Are fixes from 1.300 contained in the latest patch and what about S3r1ous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha Mods v5, the read me says to delete the gamedata folder? Wouldnt that affect the official patches?

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Get rid of the v5 stuff, its not working with the new patch. Textures and stuff don't work so I'm assuming the other tweaks are not. Here is a bug fix for the latest patch.

Install in this order :

1. Clean Install.
    2. Install patch.
    3. Install bugfix community patch - http://www.mediafire.com/download/wz1qwclklbmmzjj/S3r1ous+Bug+Fixes+v1.3+by+ThaOneDon.rar
    4. Install Higher quality weapons - http://www.mediafire.com/download/qta5l0ja8wlcuyb/LA+Model+Pack+0.93.7z
    5. Install Modern weapon positions (tweaks the postion and angle of the weapons - Much better in my opinion) - https://mega.co.nz/#!ZA5R1DDC!eDA7I0-5ZUba9pfEWGuVyvNjPNvF5D_2CjcTlmq6fe8

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks man:)
    Downloading now

16. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

That patch helped tremendously. No more T-Bone crashes even after unchecking the actor feet option. Whenever rats show up, I just simply run instead of shooting, as it always crashed whenever I shot them. No more.

Still needs a little bit of polish, but I think the majority of the bugs have been squished, so enjoy :)

17. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Does anyone try this with eax hardware sound. I can't get this to run with my Z, i get the following error: Engine error. Last line in stack trace:
    alDistanceModel()+4311 byte(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sens_oal.dll

It only works with generic software.

Edit: Launching the game with xp compatibility mode fixes the issue.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Didn't know this was a standalone game, so SOC etc... not required, but i do have the others, and modded, so thought it might all balls up if i pop this on, but seen as its a standalone, be able to have both, nice, will get it downed, love Stalker, really need to get further into it tbh, love the beginning, just seem to stop playing when i make it to the bar for some reason, don't know why. :p

19. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    After the patch I cannt get RadeonPro to work, (exe. file not signed.)
    Also unable to get Crossfire working in dx10, tried Clear Sky propfile, force AFR, but no go.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is much more than a texture pack. They have redesigned the entire map and added a bunch too. Best mod ever made in my eyes.