Stalker CoP Crash

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Russ369, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    I just installed my 2nd 6970 and wanted to test out CoP (Complete Mod) and when it loads it just says "Xray 1.6 stopped working"...

I checked the log file and it said this:

[error]Expression : Ran out of memory
    [error]Function : CRender::texture_load
    [error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\Layers\xrRenderDX10\dx10Texture.cpp
    [error]Line : 493
    [error]Description : D3DX11CreateTextureFromMemory ( HW.pDevice,S->pointer(),S->length(), &LoadInfo, 0, &pTexture2D, 0 )
    [error]Arguments : c:\program files (x86)\bitcomposer games\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - call of pripyat\gamedata\levels\zaton\level_lods.dds

I got another saying not enough storage... weird errors considering I have enough storage AND memory... wtf

everything worked when I was just using 1 gpu tho, not with CF...

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i think i remember another thread where people were noticing stalker starts hitting the 2gb 32bit exe limits

3. Pav4o

Pav4o Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970@1025MHz
    It does not seem to be the problem that affects the game in a 32-bit OS environment.
    Although the game crashes with a reference to insufficient memory, I would suspect a problem with the CPU overclock. Thubans are good overclockers, it is true, but maybe 4GHz is too much for certain applications, espacially if the TC is on.
    Another guess is that the error occurs because the videocards run out of memory. This may happen at high resolutions (1920x1200 and higher) combined with a high level of AA (4x in the case of Stalker). Such extereme settings are expeted when one uses 2x6970. I would try to disable windows Aero while playing Stalker, which is done by clicking on the game's icon --> properties --> compatibility --> disable desktop composition.
    Last but not least, it may be a driver problem. Perhaps you should try reinstalling the drivers and the driver profiles from scratch.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  4. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    i fixed the problem by uninstalling the game

5. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Pavel said there are problems with the game with CF and SLI.

6. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Yea im figuring its something with CF... I tried reinstalling it just now, and I saw in the hardware check thing it does before the install, that I failed the video card requirement cuz apparently it saw that I only have 64mb of vram... W.e game sucked anyways, great visuals horrible mechanics