1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stadia Founder's Edition by google

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Reddoguk, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    So google wants to challenge Xbox with this new form of ONLIVE game streaming service.

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition

I see it's been released and was wondering how long before it fails.

I searched for Stadia on Guru but no mention or topic found so this, went under the radar here.

I already see numerous You-tube videos asking why you would want this.

Seems they have really made an effort for this to work. Including how the controller connects directly to the servers so any input lag will be minimal. Plus they are promising 4k 60fps if you have a 4k screen and over 35mb internet connection.

All without needing a console or PC. Not a fan of this but there might be a market for it since they have big names onboard including most game companies.

2. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Will be impossible for me to consider playing games over the Stadia network.... :D

Yes this is really my home internet connection, lousy ADSL (no fibre/cable on our road).
    [​IMG]

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I think it's a neat idea, especially for gamer's that travel for work. But for most U.S users, Stadia is automatically a fail based on bandwidth limitations.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    meh, 60 cloud fps only equals roughly 30 (real) fps because you don't have the satisfaction of knowing your own hardware produced those frames.

I'm kidding...ish. This is the future regardless.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Eh? A search on Google shows the average U.S. download speed is 93.98 Mbps (as of June 2018). The minimum for Stadia is 10 Mbps.

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I meant overall usage. Limited to 1024GB per month. I already stream my cable TV, plus game downloads @ 50-100gb each.

7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Ah yes, data caps suck. Stadia should at least save you data for game downloads, but will likely consume more, depending on the settings.

I'm kind of surprised by the situation down in the States. I've had unlimited cable internet for several years and even my mobile internet is now unlimited (albeit with throttling). The big three telecommunications companies in Canada are loathed by most Canadians and I had assumed things were much better south of the border (I think it was better on the mobile front, but now it seems we're better off).

At any rate, if game streaming takes off then maybe that'll spur some changes. I can't imagine going back to data caps.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Fortunately, not every ISP in the US has data caps....though more keep talking about implementing them again.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    which ones dont that are nationally available? Comcast and Att are pretty much my only options and they both have the 1024 cap. Is there anyone else?

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Verizon has no caps yet...at least not in my area