Stable driver for withcher 2?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DXX, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    I am using ati cat 11.9 and the latest cap but have that annoying no health bar problem?Anyone who is using 5850cf can tell me which is the most stable driver for witcher 2?
    Thank you.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Whichever driver that was current when TW2 was released worked fine for me

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Good question. When I bought the game there was no CFX support which was added later. But that driver broke some lightsources which was fixed in another driver. Unfortunately that driver made healthbars dissapear (except if the camera was in a certain angle which you got just by getting lucky).
    When I beat the game (without healtbars) I uninstalled it and have not heard any fix regarding the healthbars since then.

4. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    Hmm this is so sad.....I was really hoping to play witcher 2 with its full graphics on(except Uber AA of course).With only 1 card its not as smooth as CF but in CF no health bar.****ING NOOB DRIVER TEAM OF AMD "STILL" cant figure it out.

5. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    Some sections = no health bars.... Other sections there are health bars...

2.0 is total bs, was a media stunt instead of just gradually fixing patches they hyped it with a '2.0' Yeah yeah, battle arena, 'improved' combat....

I still can't see 80% of the time health bars...
    For a game I was loving it's such a POS and frustrates me as I delayed further playing hoping 2.0 would fix this.

ATI CC team........ Could someone define the 'team' and how many are on this team?

Customers pay your salaries, fix this nonsense.
    Do priorities come and go?

e.g
    Witcher 2....Added CF - Done
    Other problems - Ignore

Next game...
    Rinse and repeat, sometimes there is no rinse they just allow a game to remain broken or have no cf.

Look at bfbc2 that game still has issues to this day for ATI users running crossfire!
    i.e Disable these effects to prevent epileptic enducing black screen random flickering is not a fix, it's an admittance of they're inability to get it to work the way it should.

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Nah as i've said before, there is no balance between games and drivers, never will be it's simply an impossible task and a never ending one... you fix something in one game and you break something else in another that uses a different technique.

Oh zero point in blaming any 1 person or company, it's always a team effort and the more optimized the software (Game) the less the hardware has to be customized (Driver).

-smc

7. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    Hmm i maybe found a way to solve the problem.As i said before i am running cat 11.9 and 11.9 cap 1.What i did is using radeon pro and dirt 2 profile.The cf scaling is good and there is no health bar problem(at least from what i have played).

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thx! Definitly worth checking out someday.

9. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Member

GPU:
    3090 RTX+Titan RTX
    In pure 11.9 with no profiles on 5870 CF, no problems here whatsoever--apart from the endgame where my underdeveloped character is so far struggling :)

10. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX R9 295x2
    I too don't think I suffer any problems. With ATI Tray Tools I have set a profile for launching Witcher 2 that sets 4x Multisample AA with the box filter, 4x AF with Quality with Trilinear. I have High Quality set for AI and Surface Format optimizations set as well. I'm also using triple buffering for D3d.