1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4, XB1, Switch & PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RzrTrek, Jun 11, 2019.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz

It looks like the Spyro Reignited Trilogy has finally been confirmed for PC (and 3rd console release) and will launch on Steam on September 3rd, but it has already been out on PS4 and XB1 since November of last year.

I played these games like crazy back in the day on my PSone (while I was still a slave by feeding the console monopoly) and the fact that they went so far to port/remake them for PC with improved graphics really excites me.

However I've read some interesting reports that some things have been altered to cater the normies, by removing hand guns, rifles, turrets and changing the name of certain characters; censorship always suck, but it is what it is.

Though I don't think it will be to the detriment of the game, but it shows the time we live in (can always buy a legit copy from the ps-store and play the original on your playstation), but don't pre-order your games!

https://blog.activision.com/spyro/2...ves-on-September-3-for-Nintendo-Switch-and-PC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/996580/Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Never played the originals but I am looking forward to play this collection.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Hmmm, Switch version sounds nice in theory but I suspect that it will have the same atrocious game-ruining, for me anyway, framepacing issues that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions have. A shame really because the remaster itself is otherwise terrific and looks/sounds gorgeous. Will definitely be picking it up on PC for the definitive 60 fps version without those horrid framepacing issues. Can't wait until I can play and enjoy this game without framerate distractions!

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I've never played the original games (PC player since forever), but I might pick this up at some point.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz

There seems to be a few issues with high refresh rate monitors, where you will experience Spyro gliding above the ground and animations having a hard time to work.

Also jumping seems to be affected (yet to be confirmed; and/or perhaps tied in with the physics), but I've seen reports where players can't reach objects until changing back to 60 fps.

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be able to play the remade trilogy on PC, but these kind of launch day issues makes for a bad first impression.

The current quick fix seems to be locking your fps at either 60 or 120 (works with both v-sync on/off) and the gliding goes away.

There's one part in the game, which requires you to follow an npc (who will open a gate for you), but if you don't cap your fps at 30 you can't progress and the Alpine Ridge gate will remain closed.

Looks like the fps limiter is broken and you can work your way through the game (see above) if you leave your max fps at unlimited and enable vsync (which creates other problems),

such as Spyro flying way too high during the loading sequences (clipping through the world) and the audio disappearing when you finally land on the world.

A few things that I've not been able to test myself (due to lacking hardware) is ultrawide (21:9) and triplescreen, but from what I'm hearing it doesn't work and is pillarboxed.

Unfortunately shadows are bugged too, where ultra adds black flickering lines on certain walls and objects on dark levels, while looking as intended on high settings.

I'm not going to hold my breath for a game changing patch, because Activision can't afford to spend money on quality assurance.

However I did manage to play 8 hours straight and the game was a lot of fun. Everything looks, sounds and feels right and I would recommend it despite of the above mentioned issues.

How to fix the Spyro Reignited Trilogy's animation issues on PC

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so..._reignited_trilogy_s_animation_issues_on_pc/1

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have had no issues playing Spyro Reignited Trilogy on my PC (i7-4770K, 16 GB, GTX 1080 Ti, Windows 10 Pro v1903 19H2, v436.15 WHQL driver) at 2560x1440, Ultra settings with a 166 fps (the game averages around 151 fps on my G-SYNC display) and have 100% completed the problematic Alpine Ridge level on the third world of the first game. I've noticed no animation glitches either. Either the game has been patched to fix these - I didn't notice the dark lighting issue either on my PC - or I've just been lucky! The only (very minor, since it doesn't affect gameplay) grievance is the slowdown during the gem countdown/loading screen between worlds but it is hardly a game breaker.

Terrific game and a massive, massive improvement on the flawed Xbox One X and PS4 Pro versions with their 30 fps framerate which is almost completely ruined by extremely poor framepacing (the developers added motion blur to help mask it but it doesn't work since I can still feel the inconsistent frametimes). I actually stopped playing those versions because of this issue as I found it so offputting.

Playing at 150+ fps means you don't need motion blur and the game just runs and feels great. PC version is absolutely the definitive version of these classics IMO, not that anyone on here should be surprised!

7. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    The spyro is pie!

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Is anyone else having problems getting DSR to work with this game? It doesn't seem to register resolutions above the native 2560x1440 on my system unlike other Unreal Engine 4 games I've played.

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Yeah DSR isn't working.

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Have you tried setting the DSR resolution as your desktop resolution prior to starting the game?

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019