1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4, XB1, Switch & PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RzrTrek, Jun 11, 2019.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz

It looks like the Spyro Reignited Trilogy has finally been confirmed for PC (and 3rd console release) and will launch on Steam on September 3rd, but it has already been out on PS4 and XB1 since November of last year.

I played these games like crazy back in the day on my PSone (while I was still a slave by feeding the console monopoly) and the fact that they went so far to port/remake them for PC with improved graphics really excites me.

However I've read some interesting reports that some things have been altered to cater the normies, by removing hand guns, rifles, turrets and changing the name of certain characters; censorship always suck, but it is what it is.

Though I don't think it will be to the detriment of the game, but it shows the time we live in (can always buy a legit copy from the ps-store and play the original on your playstation), but don't pre-order your games!

https://blog.activision.com/spyro/2...ves-on-September-3-for-Nintendo-Switch-and-PC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/996580/Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Kolt likes this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Never played the originals but I am looking forward to play this collection.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Hmmm, Switch version sounds nice in theory but I suspect that it will have the same atrocious game-ruining, for me anyway, framepacing issues that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions have. A shame really because the remaster itself is otherwise terrific and looks/sounds gorgeous. Will definitely be picking it up on PC for the definitive 60 fps version without those horrid framepacing issues. Can't wait until I can play and enjoy this game without framerate distractions!

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I've never played the original games (PC player since forever), but I might pick this up at some point.