Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Arctucas, May 12, 2011.
A new version.
NOD32 detects it as a virus...impossible. Damn false positives.
What he said. S&D is awesome!
Thanks for the news.
Every time I try to run a scan, I get a message about files missing and to run the updater, but nothing happens.
I even reinstalled.
probaly cous nod32 see's it as virus and keeps deleting those files.
anyway its beta.
Yeah, but I listed it as an exception, I even disabled the file scanner thing.
same, i have NEVER installed any AV
1) said files were missing for scanning, offered to download updates.
2) said download server not available, checked Peerblock to see if it was blocked and it wasnt, plus there is constant UDP traffic to 22.214.171.124 every few seconds from the Spybot service.
3) Blocked 126.96.36.199 but it still passed straight through. Rebooted in case it was tied to an open connection but it still wasnt blocked. Not happy about this!!
4) Re-installed as admin, working ok but cant download update still.
5) Tried to uninstall, it gets through the menu then the uninstall window opens and just sits there, occupying the same amount of memory and no CPU. The computer is inactive. Tried twice rebooting between, same result.
6) Decided to roll back to before the install but it didnt create a restore point. Luckily had one from 3 days ago.
Make sure you create a Restore Point before installing and see if you can block 188.8.131.52
****, I thought they had stopped developing Spybot! Hope this turns out awesome!
It is a BETA, after all.
Personally, I have this issue:
After installing, everytime I rebooted (I tried four times in row), I got a 0x50 BSOD.
I uninstalled it, no BSOD.
If you are having issues, do what I did; fill out a bug report.
Hopefully all the problems will get fixed, and the more feedback we give, the better the final product will be.
Yeah I got a BSOD also Arc!
However, I can't uninstall it! I've tried multiple times, using the uninstall in the folder, and it gets hung up at the start.
oh guys really...???
for me it's working flawlessly...updating OK, scanning OK, no BSODs or anything else...it seems improved and faster though...nice security application:banana:
I had the same issue and error, Arctucas, post-installing the Spybot v2.0.3 beta and a few minutes after I'd rebooted back into Windows. I restarted and got the same error again, also a few minutes post-boot. I uninstalled it and the error went with it.
I rarely get blue screen errors so I knew immediately that it was triggered by the Spybot beta, although I suspect it is a conflict with another piece of third-party software I have running in the background; MSI Afterburner or MSSE perhaps?
I think I'll reinstall v1.6.2 as it has been problem-free for the years I've been using it and I'll wait for the RC/final build I think.
Have you tried uninstalling if from Safe mode? That's what I did as it was risky doing so from normal Windows as the BSOD occurs within a couple of minutes of booting to the desktop.
I should add that I *completely* uninstalled v1.6.2 of Spybot prior to installing the beta and received no error messages doing so; just something about a file (SDWinSec.exe) being left in the folder but that was easily deleted manually along with folder.
My BSOD was one time, not constant, but it happened right after I installed it. I managed to uninstall it by stopping all the processes within the program itself, so I imagine Safe Mode would also work.
I hope you dont develop software, especially for security.
Taking a single good experience as proof nobody else should have problems wont win you many fans
always liked SBSnD, one of the few programs that works well.
I stopped using spybot over a year ago mostly cause it would detect things, ask for a restart to remove them and then scan again but never remove what it found many times it was used. Malwarebytes along with say a boot scan from Avast seems to remove %99.99 of any infection.
Ohh and tea timer sucks.
SUCKS big timessssssssss