Spore is draconian DRM infested - Gamers Angry

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The praised to heaven game Spore might be bothered by a lot of critisism after all not from the reviewers this time yet from you guys the people that spend the hard earned cash on. The game just started...

More...

2. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 Gaming 2G
    Uhmm... no, actually the game was fully cracked even days before its release.

I was about to buy it, but with all that DRM **** on one side and the missing game depth on the other... no thanks.

And I bet that EA will release at least 15 expansion packs for it in the following 18 months in order to add that missing game depth... it was there before, they just removed it in order to make more money. As with any EA game.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I've bought it based on all the hype and expectations and now i haven't even touched it for a day which is for me a very bad sign. I usually play any new game day and night till i finish it and then i usually start it over using alternative ways to play or higher difficulty. And damn it was expensive like hell compared to other games.
    I kinda regret i haven't invested those 50 euro into 3 or 4 older games that i know they were great and i still have them on the to-buy list. Maybe it'll get better later in the Space era, we'll see... at least cells tage was quiet fun actually.

4. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Sounds more like Maxis have a nasty problem to deal with... EA, it's retarded overlord.

I was going to buy this game, now I'm not going to bother. I was really excited a few months ago but it what with the DRM and the general things I'm reading about it, I genuinely don't want the hassle. By the way, I'm not going to pirate it either.

Lets get a 'EA money loss' count going in this thread...

£30/$50 (Total $50)

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    EA got owned ? It happens when you treat customers like potential thiefs.
    It is a MYTH that DRM will make people buy orginal game....

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    was going to actually buy a pc game, wont be now.

7. Sanur

Sanur New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X1900 XT
    I ordered it yesterday all excited about trying it because of the hype about it before.

I just cancelled my order.

This kind of DRM is unacceptable. I want to own my games, not rent them. These limited activation systems has to stop. It is not reasonable.

8. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    I was going to buy spore. Now it's only worth stealing.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i downloaded it via torrent which is something i rarely do but i was curious, played it like 2 hours and uninstalled it + deleted the ISO file, game was nothing special, hell even The Sims 2 is way better than this crap.

10. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ea w.anked up again they think us gamers will do anything they want 3 activations and a drm is a fecking joke

11. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Such a crappy way to treat it's customers. & when this game doesn't sell great because of this, They will blame rampant piracy. Poor Will Wright is such a tool. Making a game for EA is like making a deal with the Devil.

12. R@ven

R@ven Master Guru

GPU:
    evga GTX260 55nm SC
    I were going to buy the collectors edition, but no thanks. EA has seen the last of me. I will never buy a EA game ever!.:biggun:

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    yeah epic drm and cut down game ftw....

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Funny thing is, this will force more people to pirate it than would have in the first place, and the only people that are going to suffer from this are the paying customers.

And since it was cracked before even release, I really don't see the point in DRM at all. If people are going to pirate it, they are going to pirate it. There is nothing you can do about it. And any effort you do put in to it, is only going to alienate the paying customers more.

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    I think i might download it and try at least what is it about :)

16. MoosePower

MoosePower Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Anyone know of a way to rid your computer of the drm??? I just uninstalled mass effect, and want the drm gone with it. :/

17. Avefenix

Avefenix Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    I was going to buy it too...
    But RDM did to me to stop to think about to buy it...

I buy games, i dont rent games...

18. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Great, I just bought SPore, AU$120, great game, but seriously to me not worth the money, plus reading that article... it seems this game with all the hype, prob does more harm than good, and here I am wanting to change my ways from DLer to Purchaser, well, they fuked that up.

19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Woops, almost picked it up today. Glad I didn't. Seems I won't be playing spore..their loss.

20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    And i am not buying this one.....i am sick of this 3 install crap. I recently called EA support in order for me to play Mass Effect again because i had to re-install it more than 3 times. (2 times it crapped out on me without any sort of sign)