1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Spoiler] Let's discuss possible story for the 3rd Metro game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DM789, May 21, 2013.

1. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    i don't know if this is the right forum for this thread, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

and remember SPOILER WARNING!!!!! for those that haven't played or in the middle of playing Metro Last Light for the 1st time.

because it seems that Last Light are all about the Reds and D6, and a little bit about nazis and the dark ones.

i think from the good ending path from Last Light,

the next metro is gonna be about the Nazis Faction (what i meant is artyom against nazis),

because there is only 4 faction available in Metro.

Nazis, Reds, Order and Neutral.

even though the 1st part of the game we were in the nazis consentration camp.

but its just to introduce us to pavel.

besides they also said that the dark ones are gonna returns.

so let's share our thought about the possible story for the 3rd Metro game.

Edit : i just remembered, isn't that when we were on the nazis consentration camp, the leader said they gonna launch an attack on D6 ?

PS : i wonder how the other part of the world is doing during the metro, maybe they should do a Tokyo Metro 2033 or New York Metro 2033, since both of those city primarily uses subway for transportation.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    What ending was the cannon ending? (wont know exactly till the books finished) as I had the one where D6 got blown up and the main character is dead. I think a lot will depend on the author I do think he has a 3rd book in the works Metro 2035. So if they go with a third game going by the ending the child is possibly around lets say 4 or 5 so what you see I would call it 5 years after the events of d6 (don't remember if they say how long after them events it is when Anna is talking about Artyom) so can say what we are seeing at the end is partly around the 2040 date. if anything I think it will be linked to his son so time frame would be around 2055 maybe for the return of the dark ones and his son roughly coming of age.

Metro 2035
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_2035

On dark ones did anyone else get a feeling that they was going to be some sort of spin off of human survivors from the blast? For some reason I kind of expected something like this or one of them turns out to be his mother or have her memory's even the young dark one I was expecting it to be one of his friends mutated who he visited the gardens with.

Biggest question is in the hands of the author in regards to what ending will become cannon.

PS: In the game they mention something about the government hiding out up north

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  3. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    you got the bad ending (same with me, even though i swear i tried to gain good moral, by doing the good things, but i ended up with the bad ending, i think the moral system in it is broken, even though i didn't regret it, cause i watch the good ending on youtube and it feels rushed and incomplete),

besides i heard the 2nd book is so bad, that even the author decided not to use it for metro last light,

and he even wrote the story for metro last light himself,

because of the failure of the 2nd book,

i don't know if even he wrote a 3rd book, the book is gonna sell at all, maybe if he make it as the true sequel for the 1st book, then his 3rd book might became a hit.

i prefer artyom to stay alive, since he finally got family (kid with Anna).

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Let's discuss possible story for the 3rd Metro game? Err no thanks.
    What a boring topic....

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    i'm not forcing you or anyone to reply to this thread,

if you find it boring, then feel free to ignore this thread.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Good idea. What a useless post.

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Lets see, since they have a habit of making the next from the bad ending,
    lets assume for the third game, they follow it.

# The population of Metro will severely be reduced.
    # There will be lots of space in the metro

# With D6 destroyed, another Military bunker will need to be located
    For that, they have to map the tunnels in the secret Metro-2 Line, during which many people may disappear which further reduces the population.

# The Nosalies should have a nest somewhere, which should be destroyed

Though all this points to is that
    Without the help of the dark ones, humans cannot return to the surface.
    Even if radiation subsides, mutants await them, and exterminating them with a feeble force left after several excavations to all secret bunkers will be tardy.

In short, the only conclusion I can come to, is them living underground forever and Dark Ones becoming the humans of the new world, who will after a long life cycle evolve into humans.

8. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    What an exciting post! So awesome! :infinity:

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Metro 2033 is based on the book of the same name with a number of changes to better suit the game, with the book Metro 2034 it seems it follows mostly separate characters ("Hunter" from 2033 was mentioned.) so they made Metro: Last Light with a original story instead.

Thus there's no way for now to know which ending will be considered canon for this game. :)
    (If they do make a sequel in the first place.)

10. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    well judging from how dead island (a mess) gets a sequel,

i think metro last light will get a sequel,

but it will depend if the author will have an idea for the sequel, but i hope its not from the bad ending, cos in the bad ending artyom died.

btw hunter is still alive ? i though he was dead

11. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    What about Mass Effect 4 plot ?
    (sorry only teasing:))