Splinter Cell 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    well if u r relax about money yes, if you r in tight budget then wait for a better deal.

game is great. nothing WRONG in it. optimized at max for me. but dont know others.

story is great, visuals r nice. gameplay mechanics r satisfying. and there is plenty replayability for challenging each map.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^^ +1.

3. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Got this one from kinguin on the cheap a while ago, tried to play it and haven't touched it since. I literally had no idea what I was supposed to be doing or where the actual game was. I ended up on a Normandy style aircraft with people giving me missions that were just horde mode spam or Co-op spam, to get better gear. Not very Splinter Cell like in my opinion. Also the gameplay from the little I tried felt just like Conviction, run from chest high wall to chest high wall and tagging for multi-kills.

The first three game are the best. Chaos Theory being the best of the three.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    should I download and install this then? (20gb)are the visuals nice and tasty?

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yes. It looks like Conviction and the story is slightly better.

Worth the money.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    got it installed and updated and have played through the intro, the character customization looks excellent, think I'm gonna enjoy this.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Might give this a go next week, got a few days off coming up. SLI, post back with your impressions.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Little more to it than that. One of the best things about Blacklist is how great the stealth is.. You can ghost entire levels.. Set it to perfectionist and ghosting a level is a rewarding experience..

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^+1
    Agreed

10. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Wish you could hide bodies in dark places, rather than very limited bins.

Also the game crashes for me quite a lot and no online works (Shadow Net, Coop, Multiplayer, not even uplay action/rewards)

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, ill never understand why they took so many basic yet awesome little details for the SC series that were introduced in chaos theory, now, they'll re-add them in, in later sequels and call them a brand new feature never been seen before..

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There were a lot of things I really liked about Blacklist. The story was solid, and the combination of gameplay elements from Conviction and Chaos Theory worked very, very well.

But, I still don't agree with the decision to redesign Sam and recast the voice.... and keep it a direct sequel in the series.
    Hell, he sounds and looks younger now then he did in Double Agent.

13. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Maybe its time to introduce his daughter as his next follower. Lara Fisher. ;)

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm enjoying it, reminds me of hitman but you have uber loadouts. I'm with VSS, silenced pistol and crossbow, together with three types of nades and a remote sticky camera that can explode or just flash-stun an enemy on detonation.
    what's not to like? :p

15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Crossbow with sleeping gas = win

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes I got that, missing the quickfire mechanism of AC4 but it's cool. my remote camera has a sleeping gas function too. :p
    I got the deluxe edition it seems a nice version, was gifted by a ti adopter, totally radical move. :D

17. Hitman1985

Hitman1985 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7950GX2
    Hi Everyone, please help me solving problem with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, my monitor supports 2560x1080 21:9 aspect ratio, in game system settings i choose my resolution and aspect ratio, but i still have black bars on a side. I have 1.03 patch installed, how come i still have black bars on a side? is there any solutions to make game play on full screen without black bars on a side?

18. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I also played all the Splinter cell games and have to say Conviction was and still is one of my favirots! The only thing I would change about it would be the Black and white when you are hidden in shadows, everything else about the game is pretty much Kick-ass in my opinion. Blacklist is awsome as well and seems like they are moving back to the old splinter cell basics ( with a modern twist of course ) At this rate I wouldnt be suprised to see a new Splinter cell in a few years.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So decided to do a play around with this game, but Uplay had other ideas.

Click play - Update needed - m'kay - update installed - click play - "_somethingarather.DLL missing from your computer" message - mmm'kay - launch from .exe - game files proceed to delete themselves - folder now empty - [​IMG]

Re-download game -
    [​IMG]..

"A new patch has been found, would you like to download and install?" - like i have a choice.. smart arse - Patch installed - click play - Game uninstalls -
    [​IMG]

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your like a gaming jinx, if anything can go wrong no matter how remote then it's bound to happen to you lol.

UPlay is pretty crappy though, always seems to be updating but never really changing, the only DD service i think is remotely usable is Origin, everything else is slow, bloated and buggy.