Splinter Cell 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 29, 2011.

1. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Brave man :)

PM me your email please.

Thx.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Mission 12 - Site F - Sabotage the bunker’s Defense systems

I think I'm actually going to lose my mind attempting this on Perfectionist. I've got as far as disabling the second of three terminals several times but **** it up in the final moments somehow. The very last attempt I'd taken out absolutely everyone but the ****ing drone controller guy who is hid away in a rear room and sends out new drones every time they are destroyed searching for you. The problem being that if indeed you screw it all up there's no save point for the previous two terminals nope, it's right back to the very start of the section and take on all the enemies and all three terminals all over again from scratch.

Must have tried it around five times so far. Dammit.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just use your Tricopter to take him out.

4. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    ... so does it work in win 8.1?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Patch 1.03 is out.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There is such a thing as miracles after all... an UbiSoft game with fullscreen 16:10 support!?!? Well, I never... :banana:

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I guess they had to add because us pesky pc gamers kept asking about it :p

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So is this game good ? ive read its not selling to well, and price has dropped to €13 on keysites.
    i hated conviction.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Generally it seems people like it better than the previous game but it's not quite up to the quality in the old Splinter Cell games, I like the game though it's not perfect. :)

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Best Splinter Cell gaming experience since Chaos Theory by far IMO. Kinda bummed it didn't sell well as it is pretty much mostly the game fans were crying out for.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A lot of fans signed off when it was announced Michael Ironside wasn't voicing Sam. In which, I am one of those fans.
    I've seen videos, reviews, trailers... heard the new voice actor.
    And see the posts and comments from people that have played it. Yes, it's said to be a fantastic Splinter Cell game.

But, the change in voice actor and redesign of the character's face makes no sense since it's a sequel to Conviction.
    Now, at some time I will probably get the game. And who knows, I may hate myself for not getting it earlier... but, at the moment, I'm fine being one of the "close minded" that can't get past the character redesign.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    To allow the fact it's a different voice actor to sway you on never buying the game is a real shame as once you get a few missions in it really makes little to no difference. I liked the new voice actor once I'd adjusted a little and it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game in full at all.

And this is coming from a long term fan who loved MI's take on the character.

Are people going to snub Arkham Origins for exactly the same reason or are they going to enjoy the game for the game being what it is I wonder?

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, there are several that are snubbing the new Batman game because of the change in voice actor.
    Now, in Arkham Origins, I'm actually really excited for it. Mostly because... Batman and the Joker, those are two characters that constantly get acted by lots of different voice actors.

While Kevin and Mark are the "staple" actors people expect... the roles have often been cast to other voice actors over the years. So, people are a bit more accepting of a new take on the characters.
    And with Troy Baker's take on the Joker... it's extremely impressive. You can tell he was heavily influenced by Mark Hamil's Joker.

Where as with Sam in Splinter Cell, it's a character that's only been voiced by one person for the entire series up until now. So, people are a bit more stubborn.
    I'm not saying it's the right way, and I openly admit that I'll probably really like the new Splinter Cell once I get it.
    But, I'm being stubborn and holding out for a sale price because I'm not a fan of the new voice actor in what I've seen so far.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, I'm playing it.

A friend bought himself a new graphics card... and it came bundled with Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Assassin's Creed 4.

Since the only game he was interested in was Batman, he gave the keys to the other games out. Giving me Splinter Cell, and another friend AC4.
    So far... I haven't put much time in the game itself. As UPlay is SO much damn fun... the program seems determined to make starting the game a chore.

But, what I have played seems like a mix of Conviction and Chaos Theory.
    The new voice actor is good, but... it just doesn't feel like Sam. It's a solid performance, but just feels off.

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    OK, just picked up blacklist in the steam sale. Seems like I have a couple of issues - firstly, it seems to CTD. Secondly, crossfire doesnt look to be working based on GPU usage in afterburner.

Does this game have issues with crossfire? If so is there a fix?

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    afterburner could be causing your ctd's.

Just couldnt finish this game, its a great sequal, but its just not splinter cell without the real sam.

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Ok, I'll give it ago. I had the same reservations about the game which is why I waited for it to go on sale before giving it a go.

18. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This felt like playing an extremely low budget version of third person ( even first person at some points ) call of duty, with story written by someone with severe brain damage.
    So many things you could do in double agent... the non linearity, reputation system ...
    And now they release this?
    Conviction at least had some high production value.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    didnt like the gameplay in conviction, but throughly enjoyed the story.

I want to like this one, but without ironsides sam, it just isnt sc for me, ashame though as i think its a worthy successor to Chaos Theory.

20. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    So is this game worth $35 on sale?

How is performance? Is it optimized for the PC?