Splinter Cell 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I had zero crashes/stuttering with 8GB and disabled page file, and i had it only patched to 1.01

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Then installing it on an SSD will also work. ;)

3. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Just finished it , game is really good. Hardest difficulty and when u turn OFF the HUD its really great. Had to play in dx9 mode , dx11 was stuttering alot.

4. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    in my opinion H:Absolution on purist is alot harder than SC:B. For me, Blacklist is piece of cake, and its kindy easy to finish

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Sure, it's just a case of memorising the default enemy placement and patrol patterns.

Some randomness (I believe the game has some) helps.

6. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    If you get bored in SP, there's always the randomness of coop or Spy vs Mercs

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    hitman in purist is downright unfair. Atleast thats what I think. I tried to sneak past whole levels without hitting a soul, and the linearity with extra guards in purist pissed me off. Its a huge villa but to access the say, 'top floor' you cannot sneak through the garage. You have to go through the levels the game takes you. Earlier hitman games that way are much better.

Splinter cell brings back the chaos theory environment, almost all of it. Sure most of it is linear, but on a diagram, with available routes, chaos theory and blacklist have many.

8. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 980Ti
    With SLi Enable SC gives me Black Screenshot! D'OH!

How can i solve?

EDIT: Solved with Inspector!

Just change flag in 0x00000020 (First flag under "Undefined") :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    playing and finishing the game is indeed easy. but try to get achievements. the most of it. try to sneak. dont use even disturbing enemies to lure to other sides etc. just be the ghost. that is HARD. dont use tools etc.

10. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    yes i know. i played on ghost, and it is not repetitve for me to get achievements :) .

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Game is awesome but i still cant get over that bloody 'point crosshair at object to use it' feature. Why cant we just have a couple of different keys bound to different objects to use ingame?

I constantly get into trouble when trying to open windows, switch lights, use computers, whatever... esp in hectic situations where you need to act quickly to be not spotted - i mostly end up doing nothing because the cursor slightly moved away from teh object i wanted to use a split second ago and now you're sitting there getting shot because you cant get through that window anymore. GAH! :p

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Just did the abandoned mills level, without killing a single soul. Ko'd the guys in the end, and 4 dogs.

Got a ghost score of 13800 (nothing in pather or combat)

I feel great.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Abandoned Mill is quite possibly one of my favourite SC levels from any game in the series. The way the rain pelts down, thunder effects your NV goggles and the way the level is designed are just awesome.

14. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Anyone know how to completely disable the HUD?

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    You can disable UI elements, but to hide the

a) crosshair
    b) objective marker
    c) action prompt
    d) press space to skip prompt in cutscene

probably some action by ubi is required. I hate the hud myself. I totally want to try playing it with 0 guides.

Got a score of 13225 ghost on the first level, had to KO 15 guys, and bypassed the rest.
    Got 8250 ghost on the exploding refinery level, only ko'd 7 guys I was FORCED to neutralize, and the guys in the end. Felt so great. I should make a video on these levels.

16. CSF90

CSF90 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Since the second patch in SLI my cards don't go above 47% usage or boost to their max. As a result whenever I'm running or doing something faster paced the FPS drops to 55 or so and it's annoying as hell. Really weird.

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Been running at solid 98% usage on both cards since v1.02 patch. They sure fixed performance on older AMD cpus. Only got performance drops in the first level in the hallways. Otherwise its a rock solid performer.

18. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    50% gpu usage in my 3 gtx titan.... 55 fps in triple screen and 4 x msaa. it s shame

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    +1

I was actually ready to shelve the game for a while considering I could barely even run it in Directx 9 on Low last week. Now not only can I run it in Directx 11 but I can now also run Ultra settings in some cases and it runs smooth as butter pretty much constantly too. Check my video in the pimp thread.

One hell of a patch Ubisoft. :)

20. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Just bought this for 20 bucks from G2Play and I ran it the first time and 1680x1050 was the highest resolution.I went wtf?Shut it down and restarted it and it patched again (uplay) then 1920x1080 was there.I see there is another patch again lots of patches but at least they are working on it.