Specifications of Multiple AMD Renoir desktop APU processors listed at Biostar website

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 25, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Wake me up when they get rid of the vega igpu.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I agree vega needs to go i would like to see more gpu power in these apu's the cpu portion is fine with a 4 core 8 thread cpu as its hardly the limiter throwing 8 cores in will just make it harder to balance power to the gpu i love my 2400g it just needs a little more gpu power and a better imc to actually be more balanced. Give us navi!!! vega is ok but its a dead tech at this point.

4. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    vega isn't really a problem, igpus are still woefully bandwidth bottlenecked, until that is addressed, I doubt the uarch is going to make a whole lot of difference, you'd be hard pressed to exceed 60gb/s even with a very fast dual channel ddr4 kit.

it will be interesting to see how these apus scale with amd's improved memory controller.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Imagine that one day, HBM will be right next to APU/CPU/iGPU chiplet. And system memory will be used as kind of slower cache which is still faster than NVMe.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    It will happen, but not any time soon, unless there is a signifigant cost decrease in the packaging. Embedded Dram (like what intel does with iris pro) is probably more likely