Specifications Intel KF and F line for the tenth generation - Intel Core i9-10900KF

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    So still not Sunny Cove new architecture?!

3. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    still skylake :(

4. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    "The i7-10700K will replace the i9-9900K???" That doesn't make any sense at all. I'd say the i9-10900K will replace the i9-9900K.

Undying likes this.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Is clearly written "Comet Lake-S". What is the point of spreading wrong informations?

The i7-10700k is clearly the 9900k/s redone while the new i9 10900k is somehow superior.
    That makes sense a lot, why not @SniperX?

6. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    And Ryzen replace Intel.

7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    That's also a 12 core with far more performance so yes the 3900x is going to use more but it's also 12 core vs 8 so stop the fanboyism.

svan71 likes this.
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    As much as I find karma777police's Intel bias to be obnoxious, he said 3700X, not 3900X. Although we have no idea where that graph came from, if it is accurate, the 3700X does have an unusually high and disproportionate idle power consumption. On the other hand... the peak power consumption is pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

9. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I know we are in a different class of cpu in my case but
    threadripper 3960x 78.77 Watts at idle and I'm actually downclocking the cpu >< 4.15@1.24V because if I let it do it's thing it would run wildly changing around 4.3@1.4V and be 100Watts at idle
    I do this because otherwise it overheats even a custom loop as there's no real idle, it will quickly raise the coolant temp (+5°C) pumping out massive heat from my 360 55mm thick rad
    they are years behind Intel in idle power consumption, something DerBauer proved in a video where he boots both an Intel and AMD cpus without coolers ! the Intel heavily downclocks and undervolts to survive while the AMD can't do that and gets hot fast, that's what AMD needs to improve if possible

just check this to see how hardcore watts are on a threadripper https://www.computerbase.de/forum/t...si-creator-trx40.1911145/page-2#post-23630347
    note that in guru3d reviews he also shows 830watts overall system usage so it's not "my system" that said I have almost all slots/ports including usbs in use so obviously higher power usage than a "review" build with 1 drive 1 gpu and 3 fans and higher temps than an open test bench
    I'm at v5 of the case now and v6 in a few days, completely redoing the custom wc loop, I made a mistake intaking interior air for the radiator, in idle or cpu only work I have good temps but playing heavy games like Wolcen which uses 98% of the gpu transforms the case into an oven and intaking that air suddenly becomes the worst thing you can do..I flipped my radiator fans 180° and I gained 10°C on the cpu just like that (waiting for the next nvidia/amd gen to wc the gpu, no block for my current card)

there's no fanboyism at all I have a 9900k build next to the AMD right now ><
    Intel boots waaaaayyy faster and runs cooler but...keep in mind in my case AMD has triple the cores !!! and does it heats 3x more ? nope so it's a success for me but still don't expect more cores to be free and run cooler also in the case of TR be ready to go custom loop

p.s. I can run it 4.35/4.4Ghz (gave me 14'5xx in cinebench r20) but zero interest to do that it just runs way too hot for almost no gain other than a few points in benchmarks or a few fps in encoding, I would never have believed I would downclock a cpu in my life lol my 9900k I ran at 5.1Ghz all cores

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  10. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    The 10700K doesn't even all core to 5.0. That's a little disappointing.

11. Ambient

Ambient Member

GPU:
    What is this ?? :D
    [​IMG]

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    We are still missing the most important info about the new CPUs, their prices!....

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    windows 10 pro, just installed can be pretty much not idling when is not doing anything ( you see ). So it may be possible that ryzen does not hit idle state or that intel has more idle states available.

my 2700x starts at all cores a 2.2ghz that is like its idle state. After i run something on windows it never go back to that frequency anymore, but i suppose its windows fault that is always doing something in the backgruond.

(i have nothing other than windows 10 + nod32 + logitech gamin suite for the keyboard and mouse, windows search is disabled, cortana is disabled, windows defender is off )

I also do believe that intel 7nm cpu will be more efficent thatn 7nm ryzen cpu, but we do not have them yet.

14. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Comet Lake is based on the Skylake architecture. Sunny Cover is the next architecture with much deeper and wider execution ports. Was announced aaaages ago, but still nowhere to be seen in desktop.

Strange Times likes this.
  15. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    yep ice lake based on sunny cove is already old, im waiting for tiger lake

16. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    There is something wrong with your watercooling system if it overheats at idle:
    Pump speed 100%?
    Fan speed working correctly at idle?
    Idle Mhz?
    What is "overheating"?
    Is the CPU head clean?

I have no problem aircooling my overclocked 1700 using about 110-120W, threadripper die should be much easier to cool.

17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    My bad I read the CPU at the top of the list in the pic and confused it.

18. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Ryzen is pretty bad with idles while overclocking, as soon as u go into manual OC it auto disable most if not all idle states for me.
    AMD really needs to work on idle states especially if they're to make more progress in the mobile area.

19. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to P Staite overclock it, if the 3000 series supports that.
    Basically it replaces stock 3.2Ghz clock with 3.6Ghz clock (or something else of your choice) on my Ryzen 1700, everything under 3.6 is acting like stock.
    Idling with 1.6Ghz, 1-2W per core, 500Rpm noctua aircooler and 38-40 degrees.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the TDP wich is pointless once OC, Ryzen goes well over their original TDP (i know because i have 2 of them), Intel in most of the case doesn't goes so high... but doesn't transfer the heat to cooler as good as they should (and i know it because i have got many of them too).
    In the end 1 vs 1: draw :)