Speaker showdown

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chillin, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    OK, I have to choose between (and only between) the following speakers, prices shown are my local prices (converted into USD). All of them are 5.1:

Logitech Z506 = $160
    Logitech X-540 = $136
    Creative Inspire T6160 = $110
    Creative Inspire T6100 = $147

And I can get this used:
    Logitech Z-5500 = $280 USD

Instead of everyone just choosing the Z-5500 which may not be in my budget, I would rather you choose a one of the other speakers, and if you want mention the Z-5500. The speakers will be hooked up to my X-Fi Xtremegamer.

Many thanks.

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    personaly i use a kenwood Dolby pro logic amp with 2 Jamo full range speakers(150watts per) i have had them for 15 years and they`re still thumping,dont see the point in 5.1 unless it in a large room so the speakers can be spread properly,if i did get any 5.1 speakers i`d go with the z506...from thew reviews ive read they sound very good

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I can assure you the Microlab fc-730 sound superior to the Logitech z506. When I bought mine I did extensive looking in to the different brands etc. Similar price, superior results!

4. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    Cheese tastes good as well, as long as it is not fromunda cheese.

Microlab is not a company that he listed/is offered in his area. He specifically said out of these speakers **ONLY** .

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think I'm going to try and get that Z-5500, unless anyone has anything to mention about it now?