Spam is back and worse than ever

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

If you feel like your inbox is suddenly overrun with spam again you are right. Not long ago there seemed hope that spam had passed its prime. Just last December the Federal Trade Commission published...

More...

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Spam isn't going anywhere, EVER. I only look through my spam folder when I know I'm supped to receive an email that will likely get put there, else I just delete them all. I may look through them every once and a while to see what kind of deals I can get from Buy.com, Walmart, and the likes, but not often.

3. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I personally haven't had a big problem with spam but I know the frustration. Now I am off to give my credit card details to a Nigerian Princess. :p

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    SPAM only exists because there is some idiot out there who actually buys those stocks and *SPAM*SPAM*SPAM* pills. Advertising stops if people just ignore it.

There was a website out there that "bought" spam stocks out there to see how much you'd make or loose. Of course it was all virtual and only with imaginary money. He figured you'd be in the hole pretty quickly if you actually bought them.